Economy Are you pro union?

Are you pro union?

• Total voters

mjfan23

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Just getting a pulse with the UAW strike action potential looming (they are asking for massive raises and a four day work week).

Fellow forum user are you pro union? Indifferent? Or against unions?

I think they have done good in the construction industry.
In the teachers union, it makes all the teachers lazy and hurts the kids. How many teachers do you know that checked out 10 years early?

So overall, I am against Unions, let supply and demand sort things out.

I am for Unions but they're not all created equal and sometimes they're not looking out for your best interests. I was in 2 Unions back in college. UPS and Disney. UPS's Union was 100% legit, the shop stewards made sure to always be present if anything went down and always had your back, made sure you were educated on your rights and the benefits and gains always felt real. Disney on the other hand would brag about getting you a quarter raise per hour every year on a capped salary while losing more and more benefits. That and probably 1/4 of my coworkers at best knew who their shop steward was. Felt like they were straight up robbing you for what they provided.

In the teachers union, it makes all the teachers lazy and hurts the kids. How many teachers do you know that checked out 10 years early?

My son is 15 , his teachers have been good on average with a few who were absolutely fantastic

Part of the problem is parents not wanting to believe their little Jimmy isn't doing well or is a disruptive little shit , we've seen this with some of my son's friends .

Almost every year his best pal would have problems with the teacher, his parents always blamed the teachers , they were perplexed we didn't have the same opinion, a few years later their daughter ended up in the same teachers class and she loved the teacher , they were still baffled ...

Last edited:
For some, against most. They're pretty corrupt and prevent competition and force membership and drive up prices, but in some circumstances where there are near monopolies, it can prevent getting boned when there are few or no other options bidding for your work.

Uaw are about as pampered as union workers get... as a union member I support them but there are certainly issues involved.
Yeah, it's a little more complicated with the UAW because they don't seem to grasp that electrification is happening and they should be pissed at the auto companies, not Biden administration.

Yeah, it's a little more complicated with the UAW because they don't seem to grasp that electrification is happening and they should be pissed at the auto companies, not Biden administration.
They're going through the same thing in Germany

Teachers are already underpaid on average around the country. Imagine what it would be if there weren't teachers unions.

We let "supply and demand" sort things out in the 1800s and early 1900s. What got sorted out was stuff like 70 hour work weeks, child labor, and poverty wages.

My son is 15 , his teachers have been good on average with a few who were absolutely fantastic

Part of the problem is parents not wanting to believe their little Jimmy isn't doing well or is a disruptive little shit , we've seen this with some of my son's friends .

Almost every year his best pal would have problems with the teacher, they always blamed the teachers , they were perplexed we didn't have the same opinion, a few years later their daughter ended up in the same teachers class and she loved the teacher , they were still baffled ...
Teacher confirmed :)

Joe Biden is probably the most pro union president ever, at least he says that over and over

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back