As Tesla Breaks Faith With Its Believers, It's Time To Go Short

Who hurt you?

He is the biggest case of "will to believe" I have ever seen. He wants to believe SO badly. In Bitcoin. In Tesla. With unshakable faith. It is a terrible mindset to go through life with. Stubborn, faith based people like that get slaughtered in the market.

This shows how Tesla is so popular. Guys like him. Cultists. And now the shorts are eating their lunch. As Nietzsche said, convictions are greater enemies of truth than lies.

I like how you just took one little example of how the US government helps tesla and act like thats the central issue here.

Helping out a company like Tesla that is attempting to accomplish very big things in the interest of the public good is one of the best things America does.

You mouth breathing morons are totally fine with banks, oil, and walmart getting hundreds of billions in subsidies and write offs. But god forbid Tesla gets a little help.
lol what subsidies does Walmart get from the federal government? Walmart is a profitable company, Telsa isn't.

If the government is going to play crony capitalism and give billions in subsidies to dogshit tier companies like Walmart then we can afford to prop up visionary genius entrepreneurs like musk.

But electric vehicles have been around for some time. Musk is reinventing the wheel

You could also run backwards through a cornfield.

The alternative electric vehicles are not that bad

lol what subsidies does Walmart get from the federal government? Walmart is a profitable company, Telsa isn't.

They benefit for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit.

Others argue that since a decent amount of the their work force is on public assistance they are subsidizing their wages even beyond the tax credits.

Watch Tesla top $600 a share in two years.

Scared puppies need not apply.

I highly doubt it. Sherdog needs a reminder feature for predictions like this. I'm guessing more people are catching on to Elon's brilliant marketing. The model 3 is shit for what you pay, and if you're in the market to save the planet....there's cheaper options.

Tesla just posted their biggest quarterly loss yet, to the tune of $657million. Has Tesla ever posted a profit for 4 straight quarters?
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/07/tesla-q4-2017-earnings.html

Would Tesla even exist if it weren't for Uncle Sam injecting money into it? Which gets to my next question: why isn't Uncle Sam injecting money into every viable business, and isn't it unfair the gov. doesn't do this?

Elon Musk is worth $20 billion. I haven't kept up to speed on Tesla's gov. subsidies to the tune of billions, so has Musk paid of the government?

Amazon, Facebook, etc lost millions before they became profitable so I do t think many people are worried about immediate profitability but more the impact a company might have on an industry and the strength of its leadership and vision. Tesla has been losing money due to expansion with the lines of their Gigafactory that costs an estimated $5 billion US. They have plans for two US locations another in Europe.

I highly doubt it. Sherdog needs a reminder feature for predictions like this. I'm guessing more people are catching on to Elon's brilliant marketing. The model 3 is shit for what you pay, and if you're in the market to save the planet....there's cheaper options.

Still a good time to watch it bottom out and buy.

Amazon, Facebook, etc lost millions before they became profitable so I do t think many people are worried about immediate profitability but more the impact a company might have on an industry and the strength of its leadership and vision. Tesla has been losing money due to expansion with the lines of their Gigafactory that costs an estimated $5 billion US. They have plans for two US locations another in Europe.

Far as I can recall, Amazon has been in the red forever, and only more recently turned a profit . I do not recall them getting governments handouts though. And that's the difference with Tesla: them being unprofitable doesn't matter if they didn't get public money. If the public owned part of Tesla it wouldn't be soo bad.

Tesla has serious issues with their inability to fulfill their order books. He could spend most of his resources trying to remedy this , instead of going into rockets and below ground transportation.

Tesla has a plant in Buffalo. Buffalo needs jobs badly. Anyway, here we go:

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- A Delaware judge has ruled there is enough evidence to move forward with a class-action lawsuit that claims Tesla's CEO Elon Musk and its board bailed out SolarCity, another Musk-related company, and in doing so breached their obligation to shareholders.

"They're fighting over how the accounting was done and if you did the accounting one way, you got a higher number and if you did the accounting a different way, you got a different number," said Fred Floss, Fiscal Policy Institute senior fellow.

The plaintiffs claim that in 2016, SolarCity had more than $3.5 billion of debt and was in danger of defaulting. Furthermore, it was behind schedule at its new operation at the RiverBend site in Buffalo and facing more than $40 million a year in penalties to New York State if it didn't meet specific benchmarks.

"It's really a discussion of the timing of, why did Tesla do this when he did it and whether this was the best time for Tesla to acquire SolarCity," Floss said.

http://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/bu...sla-solarcity-elon-musk-shareholders-lawsuit-

You shouldn't believe everything you hear. But feel free to post something concrete.

Tesla's quick ratio is ~0.5, which is a disaster. Especially when you couple it with the fact that they are burning $500M a quarter. I wouldn't touch this asset with a 10 foot pole for the time being.

Tesla has an intangible value though. Like Apple. That connection with their fans. That is rare. People want this company to succeed. It captures the imagination of the public. I knew Tesla was overpriced when I bought it but I also know that people believe in the stock and won't dip too much. I bought at 300. IT went down to 290. That is shaky ground. I felt the earth moving beneath my feet. It had already broken through critical support levels. So I said to myself, once this thing gets anything over 300 again I am gone. And I sold it for like 304. 4 bucks on each stock. lol. better than losing 50 bucks on each stock. Before I used to swing it in the 310-350 range. Below 320 was generally a buy and swing it for 340 or 350

I heard a great analogy by a professor about bubble markets or perhaps markets in general but certainly bubbles. It is like Family Feud.

Family Feud will ask you something like, "Name something a woman carries in her purse." Now this isn't a factual question in this context. I mean, I am sure studies have been done and we could find out the most common things in a woman's purse with Google. But that isn't the question. They aren't asking what the most common thing is, they are asking what a random crowd of people think the most common thing in the purse is. You aren't trying to answer an actual fact. You are trying to gauge the opinions of other people. You are trying to find out what the survey says.

And the survey kept coming back Tesla. So I will pick it until the survey abandons it.

Tesla has an intangible value though. Like Apple. That connection with their fans. That is rare. People want this company to succeed. It captures the imagination of the public. I knew Tesla was overpriced when I bought it but I also know that people believe in the stock and won't dip too much. I bought at 300. IT went down to 290. That is shaky ground. I felt the earth moving beneath my feet. It had already broken through critical support levels. So I said to myself, once this thing gets anything over 300 again I am gone. And I sold it for like 304. 4 bucks on each stock. lol. better than losing 50 bucks on each stock. Before I used to swing it in the 310-350 range. Below 320 was generally a buy and swing it for 340 or 350

Tesla is like a tech stock.

It has a big popularity factor but they have even bigger bills to pay.

Tesla is like a tech stock.

You just highlighted the problem. What kind of company is it? It is the cars, the model 3, that everything is riding on. I said before Musk just spreads himself too thin. They need to be a car company right now and only a car company. I think Musk gets this. He said the model 3 keeps him up at night.

They used to be called Tesla Motors but dropped the motors because they want to be more than just a car company. Musk thinks too far ahead.

But amzn and fb also have low variable costs and scale well. Very different.

Back