Aspen Ladd is on PPV instead of Zabit/Stephens

The Prelims used to be wasteland but now prelims are like watching The Ultimate Fighter; prospects. Even guys like Jon Jones were once on prelims (See UFC 87)

It makes sense to give prelims a headliner too.

this is actually nonsense fwiw. The prelims of UFC 44 for example had Karo, Thomson, and Nick Diaz all fighting on them. The prelims from like, UFC 35 to modern times were always pretty decent. Maybe not always AMAZING, but, they usually were pretty good (especially in the 03-06 days when the roster was like, 80 fighters total)

Even though Zabit was on PPV against Bochniak and Brandon fucking Davis.

I like how you dont mention who she is fighting

She fighting Holly Holm who has repeatedly done good numbers for the UFC

And on rankings alone, Holly is ranked #2

Thats why its on the PPV

More people will watch the Zabit fight than the ppv.

Holly Holm is a former champ and I assume one of the most popular WMMA fighters.

Zabit v. Stephens probably will be the more entertaining fight but it’s not confusing why Holly is on the main card over them.
It's weird how when you apply logic to situations they often make sense...

Even though Zabit was on PPV against Bochniak and Brandon fucking Davis.
To anyone trying to use the logic that I shouldn't be complaining because the fight I prefer is now free: you're an idiot.
1. The whole card is free for me anyway, but...
2. It's about what the fighters deserve
3. Spreading out the good fights fucks up the card. Google the word "momentum"
^ Stop making me repeat that one ^​

No I don't hate women and no I'm not an angry virgin. It's just that unlike a lot of you I'm here to watch high level technique & violence. Weird I know.

Edit: Why not just put Cody or Almeida as the ESPN "headliner"? Zabit/Stephens is the best fight on the card
Good comments in this thread. Speaking only for myself, it doesn't matter as I watch everything for free, and I'm used to this kind of shenanigans from the UFC by now. You are angry as if this is the first time the UFC has pulled this bullshit. Not unexpected at all for reasons other answerers have given. Get used to it because there's more to come.

I don't understand why this is an issue. If they switch the fights around less people would see Zabit vs Stephenson.

to address your points tho
1.shut the fuck up, you don't care enough about the fighters to support the business they are apart of. If you don't buy ppv why should anyone, especially the ufc, give a fuck what your opinion is.
2. The fighters in this case deserve a bump. Both are exciting fighters who are being given the biggest stage of the night.
3. How does it fuck up the card to have good fights spread out? Ever heard of a smoke break, what do you think the aspen ladd fight is there for?

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with that given the way that the card was structured.

The prelims were on ESPN, and the main card was on the app.

Far more people saw Cerrone fight than Hardy.
In that case more people will see Zabit/Stephens than Holm/Ladd. I don't care either way as I will see them all anyway

Former champ (Holm) vs. future champ (Ladd), so of course it should be higher up on the card than Stephens vs. Honest Abe. Holm generates more views than either of those guys, even the women-haters on Sherdog know that. OP is completely incorrect and this thread is #1 bullshit.

Jarl

Plus Anthony Smith is in the main event instead of Tyron Woodley.

I hope Ladd Daughters Holms for leaving her husband.

I don't understand why this is an issue. If they switch the fights around less people would see Zabit vs Stephenson.

to address your points tho
1.shut the fuck up, you don't care enough about the fighters to support the business they are apart of. If you don't buy ppv why should anyone, especially the ufc, give a fuck what your opinion is.
2. The fighters in this case deserve a bump. Both are exciting fighters who are being given the biggest stage of the night.
3. How does it fuck up the card to have good fights spread out? Ever heard of a smoke break, what do you think the aspen ladd fight is there for?
How does it fuck it up? I already answered it in the same sentence you fuckin goof. MOMENTUM. Smoke break? I thought people said that as a joke. You realise there's at least 15 minutes between fights dumbass? Maybe I would buy the ppv if I was actually paying for 5 fights instead of fucking 4 and 1 awful one

I'm 100% for watching the violence...I very often complain about chicks fighting and give the impression of hating women...I will admit I do hate modern day american chicks...their attitude, their aggressiveness, their independence, their over confidence doesn't suit well with me..that is why I live with my independent, but not overly so girlfriend..she still knows who the man is..and the man should always have the final word..most women have lost site of that....

getting back to chicks fighting...I generally don't care for it..and how can they put some chick that has never fought in the ufc(to my knowledge) on the main card, over a prodigy like Zabit..makes no sense to me...chicks in general do not sell shit...I must admit, I did enjoy watching that bulldyke ko cyborg though...even though I can't stand the bulldyke...
You sound like a beta

If you want people to last second buy a ppv do you want Stephens vs zabit heading into a ppv or one of the boringest fighters (holm) closing the prelims
I just assumed people would have at least half a brain and order the ppv for the fights that are on it and not the ones they've already seen. Why not just throw all the good fights on the fucking prelims then to trick the casuals

This thread is a massive fail. You're literally complaining about guys who are getting more exposure.
I literally told you how you're an idiot in advance and you still made the same point

Bout order is not finalized. Reserve judgment.

if you don't get ppv points, like Zabit and Stephens there's no point to be part of ppv card...more people will watch prelims...

That isn't the case really
very rarely do prelims get more viewers.

PPV's ave 4-6 viewers per PPV bought
Plus you have all the illegal streams

If UFC 235 does only 400k, no way ESPN beats that number stateside without all the illegal streams

Plus the rest of the world is 95% TV so the maincard will do much higher numbers

I was with TS until the bizarre "I don't hate women" paragraph.

wow ts, cry more

You would think you live with Khabib or something with all this woman hate. Aspen vs Holly is a really good fight.

Maybe I would buy the ppv if I was actually paying for 5 fights instead of fucking 4 and 1 awful one

An "awful one", you say? Only someone who blindly and indiscriminately hates WMMA would expect Holm vs. Ladd would be an "awful" fight. If Sherdoggers weren't interested in this match-up there wouldn't already be about 11,500 views in the fight announcement thread with the fight still over a month from happening (compared with only 8,500 views for the Zabit vs. Stephens fight announcement thread).

Now we see what your thread is actually about underneath the bullshit facade.

You don't really care about Zabit vs Stephens not being on the PPV, because you clearly don't seem to care that any of the man vs. man fights are on the PPV instead of Zabit vs Stephens. What you really care about, it seems, is only that you don't want any WMMA on PPVs ever. Talking about Zabit vs Stephens being on the prelim is just a ploy to try trigger Sherdoggers in the attempt to stir up anti-WMMA hostility.

And since you don't pay for PPVs yourself, it isn't about value for your money... you aren't buying anything. You just want to disparage WMMA. That's the whole point of your thread.

Last edited:
Back