Media Aspen Ladd's corner

To be honest his advice was pretty shitty.

"Pick up the pace"
"But that doesn’t mean being careless"

It was a very simple message he was giving her. That isn’t swamping or overwhelming. I honestly have no understanding of what you are complaining about. And he did exactly what you described, after being way too soft for 2 corners, he turned it up and got real with her.

When I see coaching I develop opinions about it. I think the guy should have changed his approach. This should not be hard for you to understand. Furthermore, I am not complaining. I am disagreeing with a guy's approach. WGAF. It's his job not mine, so whatever. I'm a coach for 12 years, thousands of hours, hundreds of players/students and it's always adjustments, all the time. If they are not responding either you need to change your approach, or you need to stop coaching this person. Or you can just beat your head against a concrete wall. There are many options available.

There is a difference between saying something is “abuse” and “not the right energy”. One is a more objective social standard of morality while the other is a tactical error.

Also, what did the fighter think? You’re the justice truth teller, how about we allow this woman to have some agency and have her own feelings about the situation? Do you think it’s maybe possible that they know each other better than you do?

Besides, do Tate and Bisping have a monopoly on truth? You’re perched on a thin ledge of logic while insulting everyone beneath you.

I never called it 'abuse' and even agreed with TS on it not being 'abuse'. Maybe it would help if you read my posts before painting your 'thin ledge of logic' tableau.

Wonder what this thread would look like if Ladd got a finish in the 5th.

I'm amazed by Ladd's blank stare right through him as he was speaking to her. It's like she forgot the English language. I wouldn't be surprised if she is just not in a good place mentally right now with respect to fighting.

I understand his frustration. Whether his approach was correct depends on their coach-student relationship and how they usually interact. He was giving very good advice/instructions and then it turned to desperation the last few rounds, but it wasn't abusive.

Much ado about nothing.. But I think she will be cut.

Lol that was a shitty ass apology. -I take full responsibility even though it's not my fault.-
Just take responsibility for your harsh tone and say you can communicate better next time, that lines are blurred as coach and boyfriend. You mean the best and it was difficult to watch your gf/fighter act as target practice when she's a better athlete than that.
I hardly think it's abuse and was probably maddening to watch. It's a lot of time and effort to put into a single person to watch a performance like that.
But her coaches should of seen that they weren't being effective with that style and offered better countering advice And a better tone to calm thier fighter down. Aspen is clearly freaking out and then dreading coming back to the corner. Make her breath and get her loose and have her try some better tactics then they were suggesting.

Also Meisha Tate is horrible all around in this situation. Nobody needs her fake ass takes. She tired to bring Aspen down for a headline and then come to her rescue to promote herself.

The boyfriend and Meisha are so camera hungry and starved and try to look good and perform for it. It ends up having the opposite effect.

Time for Aspen to skill build and get some effective striking in her program. Pin point exactly what it is that was making her freeze and get gsp's sport psychologist over there asp.

Also the UFC needs to stop putting the spotlight on these media attention scrubs and put it on hungrier fighters. Throw in some pride rules with a better bonus system.

I laughed watching the fight coz i knew someone would complain about the candor the coach had. No mincing of words.

Maybe he should have told her to throw sand and do an iminarri roll and told her she was up 4-0 going into 5th

Lol, completely bad coach. Fighting is already really stressful, you don't need a retarded screaming at your ear. We had two coaches who made this approach ( trainers of aspen ladd and Carlos Boi) both lost the fight. I am not saying that the coach should not tell what is happening, but screaming like a hysteric bitch? Take it easy.
See.. this is where I disconnect from your generation. You literally use the word “screaming”. At no point did he ever do more than talk to her. A “screaming bitch” no less.

Wow. I’ve been involved in sports all my life. And I know what “screaming” is. I had coaches in junior high school sports that went harder on us in practice.

Thankfully, I’ll only be around for two, or three more “generations”. And I won’t have to see what this kind of attitude has turned men, let alone sports into.

hurr durr stfu.. there you go, proving my point

There is nothing wrong with telling a fighter the truth and he started out doing that, which I have no issue with.

The turning point for me came after the 4th round, which Ladd ended really well. A smart trainer would have told her that she might still have lost the round but stressed the positive; that she dominates if she does not lay back and let the other girl potshot her.

Instead of looking ahead though, that dumbass was still chewing her up for how passive she was earlier in the round. This is beyond stupid. As Bisping put it: you do not crush a fighter who is struggling with confidence. If you don’t believe me, at least show the intelligence to listen to Bispey and Tate, who unlike you, have been there and done that.

The fuck ever man, he knows her better then you do.

See.. this is where I disconnect from your generation. You literally use the word “screaming”. At no point did he ever do more than talk to her. A “screaming bitch” no less.

Wow. I’ve been involved in sports all my life. And I know what “screaming” is. I had coaches in junior high school sports that went harder on us in practice.

Thankfully, I’ll only be around for two, or three more “generations”. And I won’t have to see what this kind of attitude has turned men, let alone sports into.

This, we getting a coddled offended generation these days, was much better back in my day.

I knew the fight was a wrap once the coach started yelling "head movement, head movement" 5 seconds into the fight. Guess she probably can't take a solid shot anymore. Probably gets dropped in training.

Do you have anything positive you would have said to her?

repeating myself here but to answer your important q: he should have at the end of 4 said yes more of that, which was when Aspen was doing some good groundwork finally. He should’ve told her to straight up go for that again at the opening of the fifth but instead yelled at her and demoralized her more. i’m not hugely disputing what most are saying (apart from the incel pussies on here) but he could have read his fighter’s face a little bit better to give that kind of feedback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back