At +350, Masdival is a live dog against Burns and matches up well with him

matrixremaster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He matches up pretty well with him. Burns does not have Colby/Usman level takedowns and Masdival has pretty solid TDD.

Burns won't really have the wrestlers advantage on the feet and Mas may very well be the better striker even at this point of his career.

Burns probably wins due to age, momentum and having more ways to win the fight, but this is nice little underdog bet to take.

Burns -450, Masvidal +350.

Ya. I don't think betting $1000 to win $222 on Burns or betting $1000 to win $3500 on Masvidal is very smart.
I'll definitely be betting on Mas and may even throw him into a parlay. Will post my betting slip.

These are the kinds of fights sports betters like most.

Prime Masvidal handles Burns on the feet..

Although Burns is in much better physical condition than Mas atm, more athletic for his age and his striking has improved.

On the ground their is no comparison.. Burns' odds look about right here..

Save your money and go buy a...
masvidal-jorge-masvidal.gif

Masvidal has punchers chance, that’s it. He’s going to get dominated and choked out in the end. I think Burns is faster and has power edge. Technical boxing may go to Jorge but means squat to me. It looks good tho.

He's aged, lost 3 in a row, thoroughly dominated and brutal KOd while pushing 40 and largely inactive. If you watch closely his striking hasn't looked as sharp sharp and seems to have lost a step.

I'll be happy if he wins but wouldn't be surprised if he get flattened.

Masvidal doesn't have elite cardio, but Burns' is worse. He might very well take over the fight if he can survive the first 2 rds.

He's aged, lost 3 in a row, thoroughly dominated and brutal KOd while pushing 40 and largely inactive. If you watch closely his striking hasn't looked as sharp sharp and seems to have lost a step.

I'll be happy if he wins but wouldn't be surprised if he get flattened.
His striking doesn’t look as good when he fights wrestlers because the TD threat

I think at those odds ya gotta add him to a lil parlay. He has solid tdd and defensive boxing. Plus has an equaliser of a fist. If your gonna bet it might aswell be by ko

Pushing 40, 0-3 in the last 3 years, and on his way out the door.
I was stoked on his late career resurgence but I don’t see a resurrection in Street Jesus’s future. Whereas Gilbert has looked like a beast recently.

Mas doesnt even have a punchers chance.

Burns needs a freak injury in the cage for Mas to win.

in fact there isnt a fighter in the top 20 that Mas realistically could beat

Burns should win this fight easily. I wouldn’t even be surprised if Masvidal gets smushed like Magny.

But…. Burns is getting older so who knows

Back