At +350, Masdival is a live dog against Burns and matches up well with him

Yeah, Burns is going to have to work for every takedown he gets. And the truth that people, including Burns, refuse to believe right now, is that Masvidal's not getting out struck in this fight. And Maia had 10ish minutes of control time on the ground and couldn't get the submission he was desperately working for. And we can all agree that Burns is more of a striker than Maia which, in a roundabout way, means that Burns is not going to have that much time of ground control. He's gonna play with fire just a little bit more and he could very well end up getting burned. Jorge is not going away as easy as everyone thinks. Masvidal is a very live dog in this fight.

Last edited:
I mean, unless Burns can take it to the ground he'll have to stand with Masdival, and he's not going to look like Usman did against him on the feet because Mas won't be thinking about the constant threat of the td.

I'm not convinced he's an elite striker. He knocked out a few scrubs and that's about it. Gilbert has massive power and explosiveness early on, but even later his striking is good enough to put elite fighters like Khamzat in trouble.

And Masvidal completely neutralizing Burns grappling would be extremely impressive given how easily Colby handled him.

I agree masvidal is not the best. Long time fans have always known he's been getting lucky money and his winning streak he pulled off weren't going to last long. However, saying he can't take anyone in the top 20 is just trolling.

im so not trolling, he is 40 he doesnt have 1 shot power in his hands.

it took his whole body behind a flying knee to KO Askren who realistically was barely top 20 5 years ago.

He is durable, he may survive. but seriously i give him almost zero chance to win.

and he wouldnt be the favorite against anyone in the top 20 now. Like look at the top 20 and give me a name you think he would be the favorite.

not a betting Fav thats different then actually odds on Fav to win in your mind. His name and the money his fans put behind him skew the realistic fight odds.

im not asking about gambling odds

im so not trolling, he is 40 he doesnt have 1 shot power in...
We both know he can take a few people out maybe not Leon lol or the top 10... Yeah maybe his days really are numbered... I hope not he got one lucky break and it's already over

I'll definitely be betting on Mas and may even throw him into a parlay. Will post my betting slip.

These are the kinds of fights sports betters like most.

in total agreement. I dont have Mas outright but I think the style and odds make for a really good bet. Felt the same way about O'Malley / Yan and made a pretty penny on that one

Burns should win this fight easily. I wouldn’t even be surprised if Masvidal gets smushed like Magny.

But…. Burns is getting older so who knows

who has ever beat Masvidal like Burns beat Magny?? I'll wait...

Trap by the oddsmakers.

They know something we don't, as always. Jorge probably told them he's not going to win. (And got paid for the dive and information)

Tons of money will be made by betting houses.

We could be seeing a repeat of Burns vs Wonderboy. Burns was able to control Wonderboy and win an easy decision even without actually getting him into the ground that much. Masvidal is at his best in technical fights where his opponents try to outsmart him. People don't understand that he is an expert downloader and you are not going to beat him in a technical brawl. If you pressure him though you can overload him easily and make him a low output machine.

Back