At +350, Masdival is a live dog against Burns and matches up well with him

Lmao masvidal is underrated as fuck now
Sloppy as fuck, sure, but not underrated. While he had a decent win against Till in 2019, the only Masvidal fight in the past 6 years where he hasn't looked either sloppy or pathetic is the Askren fight. So long as Burns stays away from drunken brawling, this shouldn't be much of a fight.

-hasnt won in years
-not fully focused on fighting
-burns is nightmare matchup

Just bet the house on Raul Rosas Jr at -230. That seems like the safest bet. Forget betting on Masvidal or Burns.

Masvidal will likely take a loss here unfortunately. Burns went to war vs. a much tougher opponent in Khamzat and just dominated Magny who is tough and hasn't looked bad in his last five fights.

Punchers chance but that's it.

Masvidal will likely take a loss here unfortunately. Burns went to war vs. a much tougher opponent in Khamzat and just dominated Magny who is tough and hasn't looked bad in his last five fights.

Punchers chance but that's it.
I mean, unless Burns can take it to the ground he'll have to stand with Masdival, and he's not going to look like Usman did against him on the feet because Mas won't be thinking about the constant threat of the td.

Sloppy as fuck, sure, but not underrated. While he had a decent win against Till in 2019, the only Masvidal fight in the past 6 years where he hasn't looked either sloppy or pathetic is the Askren fight. So long as Burns stays away from drunken brawling, this shouldn't be much of a fight.
He was on par against Nate, put a whopping on him.

Giblert turned " I KEEL EBERYBODY" into someone who rarely fights & destroyed Magny in his last fight. Makes sense. Jorge is old as fuck now, and now I feel old as fuck.

Burns will likely grapple the brakes off Gamebred.

He has the power to KO him, but Mas can also turn his lights out, so that's a risky endeavor.

The overall skillset favors Burns, but it depends on how he fights.

I like to take underdogs but I wouldn't touch this one, I think it's fairly valued

Burns is way too explosive. Masvidal looked like a slug in his last two fights. What is more, looking explosive against Khamzat, who is known for his explosiveness himself, is a true feat (meaning that it's not like Burns looked explosive against CM Punk -- or in Masvidal's case, against Nate Diaz).

Also, I think everyone is forgetting that the last time Masvidal won a fight was in 2019. Meanwhile, since the beginning of 2020, Burns has won 5 fights.

If logic and feats aren't enough to think Burns is going to win, let's apply some good, old-fashioned MMA Math. Masvidal couldn't handle Wonderboy or Demian Maia (though Maia was a close fight), yet Burns dominated them. And other than Usman, those are really the only relatively recent opponents that they share.

I do think Burns takes it. But those are enticing odds to throw some money at for those who like to gamble.

Mas doesnt even have a punchers chance.

Burns needs a freak injury in the cage for Mas to win.

in fact there isnt a fighter in the top 20 that Mas realistically could beat
I agree masvidal is not the best. Long time fans have always known he's been getting lucky money and his winning streak he pulled off weren't going to last long. However, saying he can't take anyone in the top 20 is just trolling.

I see Burns beating up Masvidal against the cage till he wins a decision or gets Masvidal to the ground and finishes him.

Burn's has pretty good striking and with how good his BJJ is and having good wrestling he's going to have a massive advantage over Masvidal. Burns should be able to control where the fight takes place, the pace of the fight and will have the advantage of being able to mix it up offensively with striking and grappling which is something Masvidal won't do especially considering the style match up.

I agree I think Burns is going to win but Mas has a shot. Burns is going to humor Masvidal and play the stand up game for a little bit and in those moments Mas might be able to make something happen

Burns should win this fight easily. I wouldn’t even be surprised if Masvidal gets smushed like Magny.

But…. Burns is getting older so who knows

Yea, Jorge has been losing fights like this his whole career. Guys who have a strong base beat him. People have continued to say that Burns isn’t the wrestler that Colby and Usman are but that’s not the line you need to reach to be able to beat Jorge. And Gilbert’s takedowns and control game ARE good, he took down Woodley, controlled Wonderboy, etc.

And Jorge won’t be miles ahead standing either. If he starts to get the best of the exchanges, Gilbert has this option.

If nothing else, that is the definition of gambling.

Scary bet

Back