Badass little girl brutally knocked out male pro muay thai fighter.

• Thread starter Deleted member 363827
  • Start date
Why is this odd? Until puberty boys and girl have similar strength so she is just a skilled kid. The fact that she beat a boy means nothing until puberty.

This.
And the thread title is misleading.

Why is this odd? Until puberty boys and girl have similar strength so she is just a skilled kid. The fact that she beat a boy means nothing until puberty.

This. She is probably the stronger one.

This.
And the thread title is misleading.

But it is still a fact right? :icon_lol: They are pros man!
You can't really blame them, they are doing it to put food on the table.
I remember seeing Buakaw K1 promo about him starting muay thai so his sister
can get better education, these guys don't get good opportunities like us...

And this is a main event by the way...at Asawindam stadium.
She has already become quite a star in Thailand.
Hope she get success in the Olympic or as an action movie star in the future.

thats fucked up. Adults get a choice to give themselves brain damage. Children - uh no...

Full contact fighting at a developmental age for the brain is not wise. Should at least have headgear.

thats fucked up. Adults get a choice to give themselves brain damage. Children - uh no...

Compared to boxers, muay thai fighters don't really get brain damage that much.
They normally got tired of prize fighting and retired in their 20s anyway.
And they don't actually aim to brutally knock out each other like in mma or boxing,
they prefer to kick each other limbs to score point...fighters who have tendency
to brutally knock out their opponents will fight abroad for $$$

I personally don't like seeing kids this young fighting full contact. Someone posted another vid where the kid KO'd the other with a brutal left kick. I felt like I did something illegal just by watching it.

All that and I'm going to Thailand in a month, and was hoping to catch some fights while I'm in Bangkok, hope these kids aren't on the card.

Full contact fighting at a developmental age for the brain is not wise. Should at least have headgear.

It is interesting that people still believe that this is the case...headgear doesn't
prevent you from getting brain damage, they prevent you from cut...

This is the reason why they will keep headgear for woman amateur boxing, but
no headgear for man boxing in the next olympic, people think brain damage
is related to headgear.

I don't expect my thread to go to the route of children prize fighting this fast,
culture shock I suppose...

Pretty astounding technique from kids so young. Their clinch fighting is top notch, which is something I don't usually see in the younger ages.

I get that fighting is a financial gateway and part of cultural identity for Thailand. Let them fight, it's a hard life, but there's a lot of honesty to it (at least for the fighters, leave being a bastard up to the promoters). I just wish they'd enforce a shinguard and head gear policy. That wouldn't of helped that kid, that knee to the body was perfectly timed. He'll be alright though; the prospect of a kid catching some shin to the head is a bit unnerving though.

I personally don't like seeing kids this young fighting full contact. Someone posted another vid where the kid KO'd the other with a brutal left kick. I felt like I did something illegal just by watching it.

All that and I'm going to Thailand in a month, and was hoping to catch some fights while I'm in Bangkok, hope these kids aren't on the card.

Go to Raja or Lumpini, they have age limit for their fighters. But you might get a hugfest,
...well that might convince you that muay thai is not that brutal :icon_lol:.

Go to Raja or Lumpini, they have age limit for their fighters. But you might get a hugfest,
...well that might convince you that muay thai is not that brutal :icon_lol:.

dont think there have a age limit but a weight limit for sure. goes hand in hand, though.

It's better than going into prostitution or whatever it's a differenct culture I agree that children shouldn't fight that soon at least under full rules but it's different over there and she could have it a lot worse than being a really good fighter and making money. She is really good and will probaby have a decent carreer at boxing and in 20 years when she's probably retired she will be a trainer or whatever and have it a lot better than most of the other girls she grew up with.

It is interesting that people still believe that this is the case...headgear doesn't
prevent you from getting brain damage, they prevent you from cut...

This is the reason why they will keep headgear for woman amateur boxing, but
no headgear for man boxing in the next olympic, people think brain damage
is related to headgear.

Yeah, I saw the studies posted in the Boxing forum - would be pretty eye opening for some people.

I'm not a doctor so I'm not attempting to speak out of any place of authority. Headgear just seems like a good idea for kids because of accidental cuts from head clashes, shins, punches, etc. Scar tissue is a bitch and at a younger age that's going to significantly affect you later in your career; seems like an unnecessary risk for young fighters.

For the Olympics though, yeah, scrap headgear. It's pointless. Scrap the rule system, the four judges, the scoring criteria, and the 'remote controls' they log 'points' into as well. The more shit that gets overhauled the better, in my opinion.

This. It's better than being a child prostitute or working for drug dealers. Kids don't have opportunities in Thailand. Most of those kids are orphans and fighting is the ONLY way that they can make money legally. Don't judge. If you want to make a difference, adopt a kid from Thailand. Complaining about it on Sherdog isn't gonna keep that poor girl from having to make some tough decisions in her life before too much longer. :icon_sad:

the only good thing about this video were the sick tunes that started at 4:26.

Back