Bader #1 LHW in the world?

Without a doubt. Once a fighter leaves the UFC they become the best in the world.

Bader is top 3 or 4.

DC didnt leave LHW he's still the champ and will be back.

I'd put him up there with Glover and Gus in the top 4 thats not including Jones.

Bader is #1 with DC and Jones out of the title picture

Bader is definitely a better fighter at this point in his career compared to when he fought Jones. He may well be the best active LHW around now.
Jones will still finish Bader. Bader always looks good lower competition but when h faces the elite he folds. Baders best wins are over Davis who many thought won both fights

Gus would be a -300 fav against Bader so no, he is not #1 LHW.

Nah, I still have to give healthy Gus a higher spot.

1. Jones
2. DC
3. Rumble
4. Gus
5. Bader

they both lost. Gus had a better performance but Ryan was much less developed when he fought Bones. Obviously Bones was greener than too but Ryan got choked out by the ghost of Tito the same year. He wasnt near the fighter hes been the last few years

I personally like Gus as a talent more but Bader does have a better rap sheet and I laugh when people want to crown Gus by default despite his lack of anything, including ACTIVITY, except what he’s “almost” done over the last 5 years.

cmaROi.gif

The top three you listed either may never fight again, and if they do it wont be at LHW.
Bader may never compete at LHW either her got 2 more easy HW fights for the title, then has HW contenders Kongo and Cro cop and no one to fight at LHW.

If we remove DC (done at 205 unless he can fight Jones it seems) Jones (suspended for life?), and Rumble (retired, and if he comes back pictures seem to indicate it will be at heavyweight.

I'm not sure of anyone besides Gus that would be favored over him.

LHW has taken a big hit over a relatively short space of time. Jones and Rumble out of the picture, I guess DC now too. I would strongly favour Gus over him though, I think Glover would probably beat him again too.

No, but its cool to see Bader stick with the sport and continue to develop and improve. The guy is dedicated.

He lost to Jones, Rumble and Cormier. The first two obliterated Bader (ad Gus put up a MUCH better fight vs. Jones) and Cormier is a sure bet against Bader as well.

80% of the pro Gus comments are based on this close loses to Jones and DC. Sure it's an argument, but at the end he lost. If you just look at wins IMO Bader has the better resume, but its very close. Btw according to fightmatrix Bader has a small 2 point lead over Gus.

80% of the pro Gus comments are based on this close loses to Jones and DC. Sure it's an argument, but at the end he lost. If you just look at wins IMO Bader has the better resume, but its very close. Btw according to fightmatrix Bader has a small 2 point lead over Gus.

Yes, but the fact Gus fought so well against DC and Jones is really important. That's why you can't just rely on Fightmatrix (as much as I love data) but also the context of the fights.

"That was a HW fight silly, if DC is gone Bader is too. <JonesDXSuckIt>"

Winner, Winner. Chicken Dinner.

But why did I have to read through almost 2 pages of posts to get to this obvious answer?

Back