Bald Goof: Jon Jones would have beat Francis Ngannou 'exactly' like he did Ciryl Gane

This reminds me of the time when Dana Scumbag White claimed Randy was the best HW in the world after Randy beat Tim Sylvia.

<36>
To be fair, he won the HW championship that fight. This is far more egregious.

Its easy to make those claims now that uncle D has banned Ngannou.
lets not pretend that jones wouldnt choke out nganou

he got offerd the biggest pay in UFC HW history
dodge a lost against jones who stayed

dude he has the belt
if he stayed jones and him will eventually have fought

we live in a world that the one who stayed ducked
and the one who left for the b promotion didnt

wonder if jones left
idiots would still accuse him of ducking no matter what lmao

dude he has the belt

wonder if jones left
> Jones doesn't pick up the phone for 10 years.
> Suddenly picks up and there's a dial tone.
"Huh, guess Frank didn't want to talk to me after all"

dude he has the belt

wonder if jones left
Ngannou tried to get the Jones fight for a long time. Jones went to HW the minute Francis left. Jon is on video saying Francis was a much more dangerous fight than Cyril.

Not sure what narrative you're running with my dude but it appears to be one omitting everything that occurred.

There is no doubt in my mind Francis was not ducking Jon. He waited for him for a good while.

Dana's in 'spin' mode

tornado.gif

Nice excuse for shitty striking.

Again, retreating, off balance, slipping sloppy punches, he throws a low kick and immediately gets KO'd.

Awful, awful fighter. Lol @ you excusing him. How fucking embarrassing.
Tyson Fury got caught by Ngannou as well.

Disagree with the bald goof. Styles make fights and mmath is worth a turd. There is no guarantee that Jones would have disposed of Ngannou easily. We will never know what would have happened.

Of course there's no guarantee. It's fiction. And from a promoter.

That being said, if you're just be honest/analytical, Jones is an incredibly safe bet in MMA terms. Francis has one trick, knock you out viciously from big winding punches. He has no grappling that could compete with Jones. You said "styles make fights" and this is a stylistic nightmare for Francis, not Jones.

Frank's most impressive win(s) that wasn't against someone almost/at 40 or on the decline of their career was Gane -- a kickboxer with 10 MMA fights and zero grappling. He outgrappled him. Rozenstruik was a kickboxer with notable wins over 2019 Overeem (9 years removed from his last title win in Strikeforce) and 2019 Arlovski who was 2-9 in his last 11 and 13 years removed from his last title fight, a loss to Tim fucking Sylvia in 2006.

You can love or hate whoever you want, idc. But if someone handed me a bag of money to bet on that fight it's ALL going on Jones by submission. Frank's only chances were that Jones was getting old/high mileage or a flash KO if he could keep it standing.

Frank and his team are incredibly intelligent. They got the fuck out before someone like Aspinall, etc. could come in and take Frank down and make him look helpless for 25 minutes or until he gives up his neck to try to stand up. Now he's fighting fake boxing matches against big names because he looks like an African terminator. Smart smart smart.

That "just a very good striker" easily took Francis down.

This is wild to me. People completely overlooking that a kickboxer turned mediocre MMA fighter nearly ended Frank's title run on the first defense and outfought him for 2 rounds... then seeing Jones show us how a truly great fighter would handle that situation they go into complete denial mode.

Tyson Fury got caught by Ngannou as well.

Yeah, in a fake exhibition match that Tyson may have been drunk for or at the very least wasn't even trying to box. I can't believe people took that fight seriously, it's still baffling to me. Did you watch Floyd/Conor and come away with wow! Conor can box with the best in the world competitively! or did you know it's a show not a real fight? Did you watch the Tyson/Frank fight? Do you remember the part where Tyson shot a double leg and Frank hooked up a guillotine with boxing gloves just like the Jake Paul / Nate Diaz fight? Weird, I don't remember that happening in Tyson/Wilder. Almost as if the stakes were different. Almost as if one had a script and one was an actual fucking fight. Oh, and it ended in a controversial decision victory for Tyson so both men could walk into another avenue to make money without notoriety loss? Wow! What an amazing, improbable turn of events!

It reminded me of when professional wrestlers win the title based on someone distracting the referee during an opportune time for them to cheat. Yeah, somebody won, but nobody lost and the next match is the next cash cow.

3d285-16725919970650-1920.jpg

Remember this epic battle of two MMA titans? Or do you remember it as a freak show fight that wasn't serious?

Last edited:
Everyone is so confident of that except for Jones. He literally waited until Francis was gone before he moved to HW. The same damn week Francis was gone, suddenly Jones returns at HW.

If everyone was so damn sure of it, why the hell didn't Jones push for that fight? Why would he settle for a vacant title against a guy that couldn't beat the former champ?

Dana just trying to play damage control after Francis embarrassed him. Francis believed in himself and now he's achieving everything he ever dreamed of and living his best life.

Francis almost definitely won't beat Joshua, but damn I hope he gets another knockdown at the very least. Prove he belongs there and shut the haters up forever - it's no fluke, Ngannou is actually that good.

Francis by TKO (broken hand) at touch of gloves

Everyone is so confident of that except for Jones. He literally waited until Francis was gone before he moved to HW. The same damn week Francis was gone, suddenly Jones returns at HW.

If everyone was so damn sure of it, why the hell didn't Jones push for that fight? Why would he settle for a vacant title against a guy that couldn't beat the former champ?

Dana just trying to play damage control after Francis embarrassed him. Francis believed in himself and now he's achieving everything he ever dreamed of and living his best life.

Francis almost definitely won't beat Joshua, but damn I hope he gets another knockdown at the very least. Prove he belongs there and shut the haters up forever - it's no fluke, Ngannou is actually that good.

You realize you just fabricated your entire vision of reality, right? I've been noting and commenting on this completely fictitious version of reality for a bit. I wrote this once in response to someone saying Jones had been "ducking Francis for 3 years" in July 2023.

This is such a casual, inaccurate take. "Ducked Ngannou for 3 years"

Pre march 2021: Francis wasn't the champ?? Why would they fight?
March 2021: Francis wins the UFC HW title. It's only been 2 years since, so automatically makes no sense to say ducking Francis for 3 years.
October 2021: Francis vs. Ciryl announced.
January 23 2022: Francis fights Ciryl.
January 26 2022: Francis announces he won't return until a knee surgery, so he is targeting 2023.
March 2022: Francis has the surgery. 9 month recovery. Targeted return 2023.
January 2023: Francis leaves the UFC.

So from March 2021-October 2021, Jones v. Francis could have been negotiated and done, but he fought Ciryl instead. And for some reason that is 100% Jones' fault, and not Frank, who chose to fight a kickboxer with like 10 pro fights instead.

Francis actively avoided ever being able to fight Jones. There was one opportunity and Jones' asking price, allegedly, was too high. Francis fought the only guy in the HW division he could, damn near lost a grappling match to a kickboxer, and got the fuck out of dodge. he didn't stay to fight Jones in the UFC for eight million. He literally had beat next to nobody (geriatric Stipe) and wanted a huge payday before Jones ended his currency. Viewing this as Jones ducking Francis when Jones would be the betting favorite and have the stylistic advantage in almost every way is a huge stretch. Frank made the absolute correct decision avoiding Jones because losing to Jones would relegate him to a mid-card position in the UFC, no boxer would ever fuck with him and he would go down for what he is -- a one trick pony HW. He kept himself from getting openly exposed by dipping and doing this WWE boxing bit and good on him, get the fucking bag. But don't try to tell me he was sitting around waiting for a superior fighter with a stylistic advantage and betting favorite and just got bored and left. He fought the guy he had a stylistic advantage on, won, and blew the joint.

Lastly, If you actually believe that Francis is not fighting scripted boxing matches you are hilariously misguided. You're gobbling up Frank's knockdown of Tyson Fury in an exhibition boxing match where Tyson Fury shot a double leg and Frank countered with a guillotine attempt. And you're taking that as serious boxing data. Bro. Fuck.

it's a great storyline, but it's a money making WWE storyline and has nothing to do with a real fight.

This is the first, and only, fight that I wanted to happen just to see one of the combatants get beat up.

Ngannou tried to get the Jones fight for a long time. Jones went to HW the minute Francis left. Jon is on video saying Francis was a much more dangerous fight than Cyril.

Jones gained all that weight in a "minute"? It's well documented that he was working toward heavyweight for years before he actually fought there.

Besides, the fact that Jones took a fight against the #1 HW in the UFC pretty much the instant Ngannou left, to me, says that Ngannou was the problem, not Jones. You can't fight if your opponent isn't willing to negotiate, and it's clear that Ngannou wasn't - not realistically, anyway. If Jones was the problem, why was it Ngannou who left?

Jones gained all that weight in a "minute"? It's well documented that he was working toward heavyweight for years before he actually fought there.

Besides, the fact that Jones took a fight against the #1 HW in the UFC pretty much the instant Ngannou left, to me, says that Ngannou was the problem, not Jones. You can't fight if your opponent isn't willing to negotiate, and it's clear that Ngannou wasn't - not realistically, anyway. If Jones was the problem, why was it Ngannou who left?
Did Jon not move to HW immediately upon Francis leaving? It wasn't years. It was within months.

If Francis was the problem, why was he waiting and waiting and waiting and jon also went as far as saying he wouldn't fight Francis for less than X million.

Francis wanted to do the same thing Conor did and they wouldn't let him so he peaced out and is making the money they couldn't guarantee him.

Back