Basketball or Hockey - Which is more boring to watch?

Which is more boring to watch?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know which is more boring, they are both very boring in their own ways. Hockey became such a weak sport in terms of less hitting and fighting.

While Basketball is a joke defensively. There is no hard defensive plays anymore, it's so easy to score points. When you have teams scoring 160 points in a game that's ridiculous.

Tough choice but I'd say hockey for me.

r1233948_2_1296x729_16-9.jpg

Connor_McDavid_2-FEB-2022.jpg

They both suck compared to what they used to be

I know it's nothing compared to 1985-1995. That has to be the best 10 years of hockey and basketball in the history of both sports. It's gotten worse and worse ever since.

That product they put out there back then is priceless.

Last edited:
The entertainment world has become way faster than what these sports can offer me today.

Heck I can barely sit through MMA highlights anymore.

Basketball is boring as hell, and this is coming from a big baseball fan.
The only "new" thing I've noticed from basketball the past couple of years is that people are shooting from farther away. That and I'm assuming they just took traveling out of the rule book.

Last edited:
The last 2 minutes of a basketball game are unwatchable, foul, free throws, foul, free throws etc. Takes 30 minutes to finish a game, the only reason or way to watch is if you have money on the game.

I don't watch hockey, but the product the NBA puts out is a shell of its former self. Basically glorified And1 tapes.

Lol at “shells”.
Hockey is so much LESS boring.
BBall is unwatchable IMO.
The flopping, the thuggery, the fake drama and drama queens. No thanks.
Not to mention, down by 20 and taking timeouts with 9 seconds on the clock.
Please.

Last edited:
Either can be boring but also either can be action packed depending on the game

Basketball too much scoring and poimts mean nothing while.hockey it is hard to.score.goals so.if game is close it is exitimg through out for nutral

Last edited:
I used to watch a lot of NBA, but now i barely watch...even during the playoffs. They basically got rid of the traveling and carrying calls so you can dribble whenever you feel like it.

NHL, i love watching the playoffs...regular season i'll catch a few games a week, but NHL playoffs is always exciting

unpopular opinion: I think the NBA is currently entering a new phase and this current crop of youth that will hit their prime in 3 -5 years, matching up with the timeline of old stale stars like Bron, KD and Steph going through their retirement phase, is going to bring the league back to the high peaks it reached in the 90s and early 00's.

Mind you, I'm not predicting it will be a defensive turn, it will still be ridiculous, obscene offense but I think NBA is going in the right direction, regarding entertainment and talent level.

I wouldn't be surprised if this summers NBA playoffs rank higher ratings-wise than any season over the past 5-10 years

Back