Ice Hockey or American Football - Which sport is tougher and more physically demanding to your body?

Which sport is tougher and more physically demanding to your body?

• Total voters
Probably depends on position. Gotta be rough being a NFL RB. I assume it's easier in a skill position or as a kicker.

Physical demands, both are wicked, not sure but football may have it.
Not hating on hockey, those MFers are tough as hell, but seeing NFL players drop like flies every week of the season...it's just different.
A major aspect that makes football have more career-ending injuries is friction or traction when the brutal hits take place. In football, wearing cleats on an astroturf surface a foot can get planted and locked in place, then when rocked by a higher located force tendons, ligaments, or bone damage can occur. With hockey, skates on ice don't lock the foot in place the same way, allowing a body to get knocked away and move from that higher or sideways force.

Lmao @ comparing glorified figure skating with football.

The NHL has 82 game regular seasons with team rosters that are like half the size of an NFL teams, and somehow its still much more common to see players having super long careers and playing into their late 30s and 40s.

If you tried to pull that schedule with American football there would be deaths and serious injuries regularly.

I went football. Although to be fair I’ve never seen a guy murder someone with their football cleats. Thanks a bunch internet

Back