Movies BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE (First Teaser Trailer)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: March 20, 2024

First Teaser Trailer for BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE Starring Michael Keaton, Winona Ryder and Jenna Ortega [Updated]

G8kztRq.jpeg

R9QnKw9.jpeg

Last edited:
Was Alec Baldwin supposed to be part of this before the shooting accident?

Original looked more dirty in more than one sense, but seems WAY more loyal attempt than most crap modern reboots we get

7.5/10

Michael Keaton used the F word in the original Beetlejuice. It was a PG rated movie.

I am still trying to recover from that.
I was gonna say you’ll grow out of it but that ship has sailed. Scarred for life you are.

OK I get that some f words are allowed in PG 13 movies, but Beetlejuice was PG

PG

As a kid when I heard that I quickly understood that was not supposed to happen.

Bold PG rating.

The camera zoomed in on him grabbing his crotch while he said it, IIRC.

He also grabbed at Geena Davis' crotch. And frequented a whore house.

Man, I loved the original when I was a kid. Even liked the animated series that followed it. But this, do we really need this? On a positive note, Burton is directing and you know damn well Keaton won't be sleepwalking through this, that's for sure. But I'm really expecting our titular character to be somewhat watered down in the sequel; along with the dark humor. With how woke things are there is no chance Beetlejuice is as overtly perverted or smarmy as he was in the original.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong? I sure hope so.

Man, I loved the original when I was a kid. Even liked the animated series that followed it. But this, do we really need this? On a positive note, Burton is directing and you know damn well Keaton won't be sleepwalking through this, that's for sure. But I'm really expecting our titular character to be somewhat watered down in the sequel; along with the dark humor. With how woke things are there is no chance Beetlejuice is as overtly perverted or smarmy as he was in the original.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong? I sure hope so.

I’m legitimately curious if Keaton is ever present in this movie or if they use the title character almost as sparingly as they did in the first one. While I felt it was sort of shocking how little screen time he had in the film, it actually felt sort of perfect. Definitely made his mark and dominated the film in spite of that. Keaton, as you said, is not going to phone this in so that’s a huge plus already. Great actor. I’d see it for the re-teaming of him and Burton alone.

The presence of O’Hara and Ryder just adds to it. Ortega is very good, too.

99% of sequels suck (or so it seems)

New movies suck

And Tim Burton hasn't done a film I cared for in I don't know how long

And yet I'm excited to see this and I will expect nothing going into it. I just hope it doesn't try to piggy back so much off the first film including using the same songs

I’m legitimately curious if Keaton is ever present in this movie or if they use the title character almost as sparingly as they did in the first one. While I felt it was sort of shocking how little screen time he had in the film, it actually felt sort of perfect. Definitely made his mark and dominated the film in spite of that. Keaton, as you said, is not going to phone this in so that’s a huge plus already. Great actor. I’d see it for the re-teaming of him and Burton alone.

The presence of O’Hara and Ryder just adds to it. Ortega is very good, too.

Keaton's gold, can always count on him. He was even great in The Flash, imagine if that film had actually had a script.

Already sick of Ortega.
<{clintugh}>
I've never seen anything she's in or hear sof her. It seems she's been in some shitty horror movie remakes and a kids show in the last few years. Maybe your taste in media is just dogshit if you're watching alot of jenny ortega content.

Keaton's gold, can always count on him. He was even great in The Flash, imagine if that film had actually had a script.

I recently rewatched 1989 Batman as part of a 35th anniversary event. Dude was ridiculously good in that movie and that film holds up really well. Between him and Jack and Burton and co.’s production design, as well as, of course, Elfmann’s score, that film is a classic.

I really do think the Keaton Batman movies just get better with age. Nolan might have had the single best Batman film but I really do think there’s a case for the Burton films as 2 and 3 among Batman movies. And they also have more rewatchability for me than The Dark Knight.

People say Burton hasn’t had a really good one in a while, but he’s made a lot of really solid films through the years. The two Batman movies. Beetlejuice, Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, Ed Wood (arguably his best), Sleepy Hollow, Scissorhands, Sweeney Tood, etc.

Do people actually pay to watch Hollywood ruin their favorite childhood movies? Just watch the original.

Back