Media Belal Muhammad appreciation thread.

Rorschachxx

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Belal imo is a true fighters fighter.

• He stepped in on one months notice in his UFC debut against Alan Jouban. Belal was knocked down visciously a few times in the first and second round. Somehow he survived and went on to put a beating on Jouban almost finishing him in the third, in what would've been a comeback we'd still be talking about today. Both Fighters earned the FOTN Bonus. Here is the crazy thing, Belal trained for Jouban through the entirety of Ramadan. Fasting from sunrise to sunset.
  • He stepped in on one weeks notice against Randy Brown, who he dismantled with leg kicks and beat unanimously.
  • Many of the opponents he faced where replacements themselves, sometimes completely different in style from the original matchup. Belal still fought and beat most of them (Luque being the only one who he lost to).
  • Belal is noted for fighting and training during Ramadan, something few other fighters are willing to do. He has literally competed while fasting.
  • While he isn't noted as a finisher, Belal can scrap and puts on fun fights where he can really grind on people and beat them up.
  • Shortly after losing to Geoff Neal by decision, him and Geoff connected and trained together, something you'd love to see more of.
  • He is stepping in to fight #3 ranked Leon Edwards in a main-event (yet again a short-notice fight).
  • His Twitter is fucking hilarious:

I'll be honest, I think Leon is a step ahead in all aspects of the game, but I'm rooting hard for Belal to win or atleast fight a great fight and open up opportunities for the future.

WAR BELAL

1FDA.gif

I'm hoppin on dat bandwagon

I should go watch one of his fights first though

Which one's a good one?

I'm hoppin on dat bandwagon

I should go watch one of his fights first though

Which one's a good one?
Though he lost, watch his debut against Jouban. He is a way better fighter nowadays, but that fight was entertaining as hell. Also in his last fight against Lima, he showed imo his best performance so far. Takashi Sato was his last finish, also a really solid performance from beginning to end.

I’m a fan.
I like how he is neither an elite striker nor grappler yet poses threats to both elite strikers and grapplers alike.
Somewhat of a dark horse, there are top ten guys he can definitely beat, but Leon isn’t one of them.

yes, I appreciate him and his fighting very much

Solid for taking this but he's a very basic fighter. It's actually crazy he's ranked but that speaks more towards this current era of WW and the fighters he's beaten

He's basically a WW Elias Theodorou with a taper fade buzz cut and gas tank

Yes, respect to Belal.

That video reminded me how much I miss the gym. The noise, the smell, the people. GYM’s are still closed in my neck of the woods, which is so sad and illogical.

I love my kettlebells, pull-up bars and road work, but goddam I miss the good ol’ banging and clanging.

Solid for taking this but he's a very basic fighter. It's actually crazy he's ranked but that speaks more towards this current era of WW and the fighters he's beaten

He's basically a WW Elias Theodorou with a taper fade buzz cut and gas tank
I think I referred to him as the welterweight Brad Tavares in another thread recently and I feel like both comparisons are apt.

I’m definitely a fan though. The way he’s branded himself is hilarious and frankly, Remember the Name is a pretty unique nickname.

Solid fighter with no real elite attributes

Guys shredded and always brings it, but that Luque KO still lingers in my mind.

This will decide if he's a potential contender or journeyman.

Belal is cool and all but Leon Edwards really shouldn't have taken this fight. (imo)

Belal is cool and all but Leon Edwards really shouldn't have taken this fight. (imo)
Really? I think Leon needs activity. He's been out for too long. Though I still believe beating Belal is not going to get him a titleshot (unless on some weird failed negotiation shit, or someone pulls out).

Back