Media Belal Muhammad jokes about cutting 44 lbs. in 11 days for Gilbert Burns fight (needs to cut 19 lbs.)

Yes, Belal is going to grapple fuck Gilbett Burns :rolleyes:

All Belal will be looking to do is crotch sniff. He isn't throwing down with anyone. Burns should piece him up on the feet, because he knows what Belal wants. Stale fucking feet.

Muhammad, 34, did not have a fight scheduled prior to agreeing to this matchup but still felt confident enough to reach out to the UFC and request a spot on the card once the co-main event fell apart. He said he usually weighs 177 pounds at this point in a regular fight camp and currently weighs about 190 pounds, meaning he will need to cut 19 pounds before the fight.

Muhammad and his nutritionist, Ian Larios, told ESPN initially Muhammad would need to cut 44 pounds before later clarifying it was a joke.

"I've got a couple experiences [with drastic weight cuts]," Muhammad told ESPN. "To me, it's not about the weight. It's about getting to fight night and throwing down."

Built in excuse if he loses. Smart. I Hope Burns crushes him tbh

This. He's obviously lying.

I don't believe that for a second, he's got a pre-baked excuse to lose and nothing else.

UFC welterweight Belal Muhammad said he intends to cut 44 pounds in the next 11 days for a short-notice fight against Gilbert Burns at UFC 288 on May 6.

"I've got a couple experiences [with drastic weight cuts]," Muhammad told ESPN. "To me, it's not about the weight. It's about getting to fight night and throwing down."

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id...ntends-cut-44-lbs-11-days-gilbert-burns-fight

giphy.webp
You didn’t bother reading the whole thing, did you?

"He said he usually weighs 177 pounds at this point in a regular fight camp and currently weighs about 190 pounds, meaning he will need to cut 19 pounds before the fight.

Muhammad and his nutritionist, Ian Larios, told ESPN initially Muhammad would need to cut 44 pounds before later clarifying it was a joke."

And this is who y'all want to face Edwards.

A man that has to cut 40+ pounds just to fight.

Na.

Colby is natural.

He is pretty much in Bobby Green's shoes, when he took a short notice fight with Islam. 20 pounds to cut in 12 days, will be done. Not that uncommon. 2 pounds a day pretty much. He is going to cut down like 10 pounds first week and then the rest the last few days via sauna.

I don’t believe Belal is 215lbs, he’s playing mind games with Burns. It’s impossible to cut 45lbs in 11 days without drastically impacting your performance.

UFC welterweight Belal Muhammad said he intends to cut 44 pounds in the next 11 days for a short-notice fight against Gilbert Burns at UFC 288 on May 6.

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id...ntends-cut-44-lbs-11-days-gilbert-burns-fight

giphy.webp

giphy.webp
Here's what I think of the headline..............
giphy.gif

Back