BELLATOR 106: CHANDLER VS ALVAREZ II 7PM ET Prelims/9PM ET MAIN CARD DISCUSSION

But the original ultimate fighter hitting nothing but air was "Fight of the decade stuff"??? STFU and stop hatting.

Why in God's name are people assuming I am fans or support fighters like Forrest Griffin or Diego Sanchez?

The UFC isn't a compilation of perfect fighters, but fighters like Diego and Forrest in 2013 are mid-level guys at best, not world champions. That's exactly what Chandler and Alvarez are.

And Gil Melendez, while getting in a brawl, actually has really good technique and keeps his chin tucked which is why he beat the hell out of Diego and barely got marked up.

I don't see how they have good judges. Most people probably scored this fight for Chandler although Alvares getting the nod was far from outrageous.

Jones legitimately beat Gustaffson so I don't understand the problem there either.

A good example of bad UFC judging would be Shields-Maia.

The problem I'm referring to is the farce that I see thrown about when it comes to UFC judges, where you have to 'take the belt' from the champ. Boxing said the same shit for years, when really it was just how they handwaved shit ass judging.

but as the guy said, its the athletic commission that gives them those turds, and really thats what im bitching about... but sad truth is if this were the ufc we'd see auto W's via top control and takedowns for Chandler and auto win via takedowns and wallnstall for King Mo... and it's sad, sucks the suspense right out of it - why else would people automatically assume Chandler or King Mo won when they got beaten up bad but had lots of takedowns (especially flashy ones like Chandler) dat wrestling-centric judging rearing it's ugly head.

i like bellator the way it is. yeah the talent pool isn't amazing but the guys bring it every time.

He's trolling. Funny thing is literally all of the UFC best fights this year have been brawls with way less technique :icon_lol:

Yea, Gus n Jones and JDS n Cain were just brawls lacking the technique of an eddie alvarez or michael chandler. No one gets put on his back and stays there like Eddie. such technical wizardry displayed from his back, while getting beat to death by a winded bloody mess of a man

Eddie began picking him apart on the feet, so Chandler went for the TD's. As bullrushing as Chandler fights, its amazing he doesnt gas in the 2nd. I thought Chandler won. I was rooting for Eddie, but I thought he lost. Weird.

Best outcome for everyone, really. The fans got an epic fight. Bellator/Viacom gets to schedule a rubber match. Eddie gets to show that he's still worth looking at (keep the UFC's interest). Chandler gets a chance to avenge his first loss in what will likely be Bellator's most anticipated fight ever (and most likely be the headliner for their PPV).

I actually think they should keep Chandler away from Alvarez until Alvarez' contract is up (I think it's 1 defense, 2 at most). Because if they fight once more and Chandler loses, then what? Eddie leaves, and they have the embarrassment of knowing the guy who will probably win the belt now (Chandler) lost twice to the guy going to the UFC.

Too much risk. Just wait til Eddie's gone, Chandler will get the belt back, they'll be 1-1. No shame in that. Use the time to let Chandler destroy a couple of other guys who can't hang with him, give him some more highlight footage for his promos.

This fight was sponsored by the CSAC....they have the same exact judges as the UFC. This wasnt a fight on an Indian reservation with random judges that Bellator picked out.

Chandler all the way... I was surprised it was 'split'.

I thought it would be UD 48x47.

If I was Alvarez I would be very pissed with Bjorn and would let him know. Shaking your head like that after a hard fought battle, winning the belt after months of hard work and sacrifice. Thats bullshit and I wouldnt give two shits if he was the boss or not.

Eddie is a good boxer, and this fight wasn't all that sloppy. Why are people calling it sloppy? It looked as though Chandler was not in the same shape he was v Hawn. Could some internet machismo machine post a picture of Chandler in the Hawn fight and this fight? There was a real difference. Could be his body is just changing from being older. IDK.

The problem I'm referring to is the farce that I see thrown about when it comes to UFC judges, where you have to 'take the belt' from the champ. Boxing said the same shit for years, when really it was just how they handwaved shit ass judging.

but as the guy said, its the athletic commission that gives them those turds, and really thats what im bitching about... but sad truth is if this were the ufc we'd see auto W's via top control and takedowns for Chandler and auto win via takedowns and wallnstall for King Mo... and it's sad, sucks the suspense right out of it.

i like bellator the way it is. yeah the talent pool isn't amazing but the guys bring it every time.

So you're saying the judges are scoring differently depending on the event they're at that night.

"Alright Mo, just absorb a ton of shots, throw a telegraphed over hand right every once and a while, and then complain about the decision loss the next day"

Wow this guy was really good with his prediction!

Yea, Gus n Jones and JDS n Cain were just brawls lacking the technique of an eddie alvarez or michael chandler. No one gets put on his back and stays there like Eddie. such technical wizardry displayed from his back, while getting beat to death by a winded bloody mess of a man

JDS & Cain 3 was your fight of the year? You criticize this fight but that fight is in your top 3? I can't believe it. :icon_lol:

Gus & Jones had drama but it wasn't that great. Gus was half dead in the 4th and moving around like a Zombie. He could barely move. Technique in that fight definitely didn't outshine Chandler vs Alvarez. You got to me kidding me.

If I was Alvarez I would be very pissed with Bjorn and would let him know. Shaking your head like that after a hard fought battle, winning the belt after months of hard work and sacrifice. Thats bullshit and I wouldnt give two shits if he was the boss or not.

I think that's just the reaction Alvarez wanted to see, honestly.

ibzHn9vh8ZzTto.gif

When Chandler turns it looks like they start hardcore making out. lol

JDS & Cain 3 was your fight of the year? :icon_lol:

Gus & Jones had drama but it wasn't that great. Gus was half dead in the 4th and moving around like a Zombie. Technique in that fight definitely didn't outshine Chandler vs Alvarez. You got to me kidding me.

5 rd LHW fights compared to a LW fight. It's fair to say Chandler was dead on his feet at times also.

I never said fight of the year for anything. You said the best UFC fights were less technical than this Chandler Alvarez fight. I was showing you how wrong and silly you are. You're welcome.

I always see people complain that takedowns get to much credit. This fight the judges went with the superior striking in rounds 1, 3, and 5.

Im curious though why Bjorn even kept Alvarez if he didn't want him to beat Chandler.

Maybe he was just trying to stick it to the UFC to be a dick.

Back