• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Bellator 135: Warren vs. Galvao 2 6:30PM ET Prelims/9PM ET MAIN CARD DISCUSSION

chael-sonnen-squels-o.gif

This fight continued, and Chael was screaming like hell. He wound up getting out of it too.

Joe was lying on his back doing nothing in no position to get out of a vicious kneebar and then screamed out like someone getting shot in Commando. But yeah Big John messed up lulz

It's pretty black and white. I understand some fights there was a grey area to debate. This isn't one of them.

Warren wasn't getting out of that leg lock and should be thanking McCarthy he can walk on his own tonight.

Here's the thing you guys are acting like all refs everywhere take a scream as a verbal tap and the truth is a lot of refs don't. I've seen fighters almost get subbed. let out a scream or thrash wildly and actually get out and go on to win the fight, this happened to some very high level guys and they were just lucky that had a ref who would let that go on. My thoughts are if we want a real sport it has to be made clear to every commission and ref what is and what is not a tap.

Everyone advocating the verbal tap must concede that Weidman is not undefeated.

remind me what fight and what happened?

either way, the verbal tap rule is subjective. You're allowed to scream during a fight and not lose instantly. It's the referees discretion for the sake of safety.

scream doesn't end the fight. it has to actually be noticed and stopped by the ref. Like I say with Palhares, his opponent can be tapping with both hands and screaming while his corner is throwing in the towel and a doctor is trying to bust into the cage. it isn't over unless the ref notices it and chooses to stop the fight.
You can't have it both ways. If a verbal tap is a legit way to win a fight, then Araujo was robbed against Weidman.

Did you see Joe's arms impeded? He could tap just fine, he just didn't want to.

Referees have a lot of leeway. And a guy with BJM's experience knows very quickly whether or not a guy is in a position to tap or not. He knew Warren was perfectly able to tap if he wanted to. If his arms had been trapped, then of course BJM would be much more justified in making a judgment call that scream constitutes a tap.

You're trying to make this black and white which is wrong. It's not. Like I said, refs have a lot of latitude when it comes to making judgment calls, and then should use that to allow fights to continue when a guy shows he's in pain yet is perfectly able to tap.

It is black and white. You scream in pain the fight is over. You scream in pain the grappling match is over. Everyone that has ever competed knows this. Joe Warren knows this. If he didn't want to lose he shouldn't have screamed in pain.

You get armbarred and your arm breaks, the fight is over whether you tap or not.

Its not like Warren made a little grunt he screamed in pain at the top of his lungs.

Did you see Joe's arms impeded? He could tap just fine, he just didn't want to.

Referees have a lot of leeway. And a guy with BJM's experience knows very quickly whether or not a guy is in a position to tap or not. He knew Warren was perfectly able to tap if he wanted to. If his arms had been trapped, then of course BJM would be much more justified in making a judgment call that scream constitutes a tap.

You're trying to make this black and white which is wrong. It's not. Like I said, refs have a lot of latitude when it comes to making judgment calls, and then should use that to allow fights to continue when a guy shows he's in pain yet is perfectly able to tap.

He was on the verge of imminent permanent damage, he didn't wanna tap in the adrenaline of the fight but it is the ref job to protect the fighters, even from themselves.

Here's the thing you guys are acting like all refs everywhere take a scream as a verbal tap and the truth is a lot of refs don't. I've seen fighters almost get subbed. let out a scream or thrash wildly and actually get out and go on to win the fight, this happened to some very high level guys and they were just lucky that had a ref who would let that go on. My thoughts are if we want a real sport it has to be made clear to every commission and ref what is and what is not a tap.

It's a rule, and warren knew about it. This isn't like that time Kim Winslow stopped a fight because she was concerned for the fighters safety in an armbar and he hadn't tapped or screamed. Should judges not give 10-8s anywhere because there doesn't seem to be a universal understanding of what constitutes one?

It is black and white. You scream in pain the fight is over. You scream in pain the grappling match is over. Everyone that has ever competed knows this. Joe Warren knows this. If he didn't want to lose he shouldn't have screamed in pain.

You get armbarred and your arm breaks, the fight is over whether you tap or not.

Its not like Warren made a little grunt he screamed in pain at the top of his lungs.

This, it's only not black and white to that idiot because he disagrees with the rules.

chael-sonnen-squels-o.gif

This fight continued, and Chael was screaming like hell. He wound up getting out of it too.

That fight should have been stopped 200%, not that it matters since Cahel got submitted again kater in that fight.

And as long a we're talking about Sonnen, remember his first fight with Filho?

Joe was lying on his back doing nothing in no position to get out of a vicious kneebar and then screamed out like someone getting shot in Commando. But yeah Big John messed up lulz

It was TOTALLY the 'schlub chatacter gets killed in an 80's movie' scream. lmfao

Legit win, I don't get all the complaining. And I'm a big Warren fan believe it or not.

Why? He screamed in pain. That should be a loss if that's all it takes.

see my post, no it isn't all it takes. That is reason a ref can stop a fight. it doesn't stop the fight though, that is up to the ref

scream doesn't end the fight. it has to actually be noticed and stopped by the ref. Like I say with Palhares, his opponent can be tapping with both hands and screaming while his corner is throwing in the towel and a doctor is trying to bust into the cage. it isn't over unless the ref notices it and chooses to stop the fight.

Back