Bellator 135: Warren vs. Galvao 2 6:30PM ET Prelims/9PM ET MAIN CARD DISCUSSION

chael-sonnen-squels-o.gif

This fight continued, and Chael was screaming like hell. He wound up getting out of it too.

He was grabbing the fence.. The two cancelled each other out.

You can't have it both ways. If a verbal tap is a legit way to win a fight, then Araujo was robbed against Weidman.

It's MMA, people get robbed, it sucks but it happened. Galvao didn't get robbed tonight, though

see my post, no it isn't all it takes. That is reason a ref can stop a fight. it doesn't stop the fight though, that is up to the ref
So the guy who reffed the Weidman fight was incompetent. Therefore, it was a robbery.

That fight should have been stopped 200%, not that it matters since Cahel got submitted again kater in that fight.

And as long a we're talking about Sonnen, remember his first fight with Filho?

According to Steve Mazzegatti, Chael screamed against Lambert too, but he thought it was funny and never thought about stopping it. Not very consistently applied.

Huh? What fight? Not disagreeing with you. I am actually curious haha

remind me what fight and what happened?

either way, the verbal tap rule is subjective. You're allowed to scream during a fight and not lose instantly. It's the referees discretion for the sake of safety.

30lfoyq.gif

He's referring to his fight with Araujo.

Who gives a shit if he has a loss? It literally changes nothing about his status as number 1.

Plus, Weidman was actually trying to escape, while Warren was just chilling in that kneebar, looking clueless.

Actually if he had a loss like that so early in his career he most likely would have experienced a completely different career arc. He probably does not get signed by the UFC after only his fourth fight, he defiantly doesn't get a title shot after going 10-0, maybe he ends up in bellator verbally tapping for the rest of his prime. In a sport where most high level fighters only fight twice a year a single loss can set you back a very long time.

Also if no one gives a shit how come whenever someone brings up Jones DQ literally 75% of the heavy board goes into some mass induced hallucination and pretends it does not really count.

I dont really like the scream rule. Some guys can be in pain but want to continue and not stop. Thats what tapping in for.

If you want to stop you tap or go to sleep.

Not taking the win from Galvao, Warren was in deep and was in trouble but i just dont know about that rule. We have tapping for a reason.

Sombody has to make a gif of somebody dying in an Indiana Jones movie with it cutting to Warren screaming..

Please stop trying to derail what should be a glorious thread celebrating yet another hilarious Joe Warren loss with your ramblings of Weidman and Chael.

So the guy who reffed the Weidman fight was incompetent. Therefore, it was a robbery.

It's a judgment call, like intelligently defending yourself. The difference is that the ref probably saw that weidman was escaping, Warren was locked in so bad that Galvao is actually looking back at him to see if hes going to tap before he starts cranking. if joe was in any position to escape wouldn't he have been doing something while Galvao was pausing to look at him?

Alex_White___vs.___Roy_Babcock.gif

Dude is clearly unconscious, and not intelligently defending himself. Does that magically stop a fight? no, it doesn't because the Ref has to make the judgment call. That's why they confer with the doctor for cuts and eyepokes, the doctor can't stop the fight, it's solely up to the referee.

I dont really like the scream rule. Some guys can be in pain but want to continue and not stop. Thats what tapping in for.

If you want to stop you tap or go to sleep.

Not taking the win from Galvao, Warren was in deep and was in trouble but i just dont know about that rule. We have tapping for a reason.
Agreed.

AustinHart-665x385.jpg

According to Steve Mazzegatti, Chael screamed against Lambert too, but he thought it was funny and never thought about stopping it. Not very consistently applied.

Refs are incompetent, what else is new?

Actually if he had a loss like that so early in his career he most likely would have experienced a completely different career arc. He probably does not get signed by the UFC after only his fourth fight, he defiantly doesn't get a title shot after going 10-0, maybe he ends up in bellator verbally tapping for the rest of his prime. In a sport where most high level fighters only fight twice a year a single loss can set you back a very long time.

I guess he got lucky, then

Yeah, that would be a huge butterfly effect.

30lfoyq.gif

He's referring to his fight with Araujo.

oooo i never seen that actually. yeah i dont think that one should be stopped. weidman made the decision to hurt himself while escaping. like i said, its not a rule that you cant scream. its a judement call by the ref to decide to protect a fighter from his own grit.

anyone notice how Joe's face on the poster for the fight is the exact same as his face when the fight ended?

Back