Bellator 172: Thomson vs. Pitbull (7pm ET Prelims-9pm Main Card) Discussion - Fedor vs Mitrione off.

Cheers, heres to hoping Fedor can pull this off.

Going to be sad if Fedor loses to Matt "Meathead" Mitrione.

This Bellator card is garbage in the prospects department. What happened to the days of having vets mixed with upcoming talent? Fedor and Mitrione are two old guys, same with Thomson, Pitbull, Kongo, Oli, Koscheck and everyone else! Not even one prospect to get excited about going forward. Say whatever you want, I know Fedor is fighting but this is garbage. Even after the Tito card it was the same shit. There was NOTHING to look forward to when the card was done. Think about that card and tell me who you're looking forward to seeing aside from Daley? NOBODY. Bellator needs to get eyeballs on the prospects. Idk why they're wasting their time with this chicks' fight and Koscheck and some random. What a joke. At least have the vets fight the prospects. When you have the vets fighting bums what's the point?

Piccolotti can primus was on this card but fell through due to injury

Carlos Eduardo Rocha, now there's a blast from the past.

Still appreciating his BJJ from the Ellenberger fight.

EllenbergerRocha2.gif

Crazy that he's only fought 3 times since then and they were all losses.

Tokov vs France should be on the Main Card...... Who the fuck is Mayo (?) at least she is pretty (?)
Good card overall....considering how bad Bellator 171 was...
Going with Matt, The Punk, Koscheck and Kongo....

I wish to Christ Fedor would use his sambo and ground game.

I think the last time he actually did was the Hunt fight a decade ago.

Yeah I want to see some of that legendary GnP. I hope he goes back to that style and finishes Mitrione on the ground.

EllenbergerRocha2.gif

Yeah. This was my go to guy who i'd always say was a terrible cut but then he ended up losing. :(

Even though Fedor's camp was short, he looked really sharp in training. I've seen some bits of training footage from that camp and he's still fast and crisp.
Matchtv will air a documentary film about Fedor's preparation for this fight. And once it's out I'll share it.

from the faceoff. Mitrione doesn't even fit in the picture. Big size difference.

Fedor_vs_Mitrione.jpg

Should be timestamped at about 25 minutes. They say Fedor only had a 3 week camp and only did some jogging really. Is the least prepared he's ever been and didn't have his headcoach.

EllenbergerRocha2.gif

this what I think of when I see Carlos Eduardo Rocha thanks for the gif

this a good looking bellator card. especially compared to their last few events.

Going to be sad if Fedor loses to Matt "Meathead" Mitrione.

Not nearly as sad as him essentially getting KO'd by Maldonado, Mitrione is a pretty tough top 15 HW (probably would be top 10 had Browne not poked him in the eye). It would still be sad since watching Fedor lose is always sad, but it wouldn't be the worst moment in his career imo.

from the faceoff. Mitrione doesn't even fit in the picture. Big size difference.

Fedor_vs_Mitrione.jpg

I really hope Fedor goes in with a grapple heavy gameplan, I feel like he could obliterate Mitrione on the ground.

Fedor_vs_Mitrione.jpg

Size for sure matters but the best fighters are closer to 230-240ish like Fedor is anyways. In the stand up it can def get him in trouble though. I always say if your 205+ and great you can beat anybody. Everyone at HW has power and after a while the weight brings diminishing returns and the smaller guy typically gets the advantage later in the fight.

Idk why I'm babbling about this shit though cuz I got Mitrione though lol. Still a 50/50 fight for me.

Back