Bellator 172: Thomson vs. Pitbull (7pm ET Prelims-9pm Main Card) Discussion - Fedor vs Mitrione off.

I dont really understand why they didn't do Kongo vs Fedor and then had Fedor fight Matt, Kongo is for a belt (right?), and would mean more.

Man. Have a bad feeling Fedor is about to get stiff knocked out.

I dont really understand why they didn't do Kongo vs Fedor and then had Fedor fight Matt, Kongo is for a belt (right?), and would mean more.

Well they could have easily just made Fedor/Mitrione for the belt. Yeah Kongo has a better claim to it than Fedor but you could put any two of Fedor/Kongo/Mitrione/Lashley/Rampage together for the belt and it'd be reasonable. Then you can start mixing in others and go with the more deserving guys but it's time to start the damn division again. Ayala has to be in the mix somewhat too because the win over Kharitonov.

Apologies if this information has already been posted but where can we watch in the UK? Anyone know?

Should be timestamped at about 25 minutes. They say Fedor only had a 3 week camp and only did some jogging really. Is the least prepared he's ever been and didn't have his headcoach.

They don't know what they're talking about. Peter worked with Peter Teijsse (who will be cornering Fedor as well) and I've seen some footage from his training camp, and it looked like they worked hard. Plus, Peter mentioned that they have a gameplan and that they also worked on his wrestling.

From where is this dark cloud of fear for him lately?Every fckin' thread,forum.C'mon Fedor,you wild bear,my last active legend.In the name of Pride.No alternative,no calculation.Pride or die.

from the faceoff. Mitrione doesn't even fit in the picture. Big size difference.

Fedor_vs_Mitrione.jpg
Hoping Fedor can pull it off! Scared about how he will fare on his feet with Matt! Mitrione has some pretty nice striking tbh.

Should be timestamped at about 25 minutes. They say Fedor only had a 3 week camp and only did some jogging really. Is the least prepared he's ever been and didn't have his headcoach.

Oh Fedor, come on :(

Not so sure Fedor would have the advantage on the ground. He completely forgot how to, in the Bigfoot fight. He has only gotten older, and trained much less, since then.

I live in California and there is a two hour tape delay on spike for the west coast. Does anyone know where I can live stream this fight? I will still tune into the tape delay via spik but I need to watch Fedor live. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I live in California and there is a two hour tape delay on spike for the west coast. Does anyone know where I can live stream this fight? I will still tune into the tape delay via spik but I need to watch Fedor live. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Get DirecTV or find one of the money unauthorized streams that will be available.

Crazy that Fedor is the underdog. Hope he can pull it out via brutal KO!!!

I'm slightly leaning towards Fedor. Mitrione's two Bellator performances haven't been top notch, he nearly got finished in his first fight against an unknown guy in Seumanutafa, and then had a back-and-forth affair against Oli. The defense he has shown is subpar, and his attack is sloppy, so Fedor could definitely catch him.

While the Maldonado fight was the worse he has looked, he still showed speed in there, so I'm thinking he catches Matt with an overhand and then submits him.

Now, if Fedor only training for a few weeks is true, then Mitrione via murder. It's anyone's fight imo.

I am not a fan of Mitrione, but I think he should be a favourite and with the odds close to even I put $50 on him. Fedor's only advantage at this point in time is hand speed. He still has that in his favour. But Mitrione is more mobile and has more power. I don't think this will ever hit the ground unless someone is injured. Fedor could for sure knock him out, but I think Mitrone stays on the outside enough to avoid this and either gets the decision or KOs Fedor. Hard to believe I'm betting on Mitrione as I don't like him at all, but that's my take.

Back