Bellator 185: Mousasi vs. Shlemenko Friday Oct 20 - 7p.m.ET

Melendez on Alvarez is another example.

Between MMA & Boxing, this happens a lot. It's not that crazy
Just rewatched that too. the camera was always on the other side so we don't know for sure when his eye closed; but he was hit by several hard shots on that side. Plus they showed he took a clean elbow to the eye; that is far more likely to cause swelling than a punch. I was talking about a punch only; elbows, knees, or headbutts causing massive swelling in one shot I have seen many times.

DAMN!
Gay guard dick riders are in full effect delusion tonight.....

"He's lucky he landed that one big punch, which was unorthodox mind you...and thrown from the knee....
so he didn't see it coming...so if your keeping score at home, moose only had one good eye and he still won....because if he had 2 eyes whoo doggy he would have lit schlemenko up in this hypothetical alternate universe where storm didn't light moose up with his "one" lucky punch....which shouldn't even count because he only landed a shot like that once......but could he have done it twice?.....never mind all the other punches....could he have landed that ONE big shot AGAIN.....i think not because then that would be two big shot and this whole argument wouldn't make any sense"

<YeahOKJen>
<JagsKiddingMe>
<{hfved}>

<JerryWWF>
<{nope}>

Last edited:
Shlemenko is a fucking badass. No one beats up Mousasi on the feet over the course of rounds. Machida edged him out, Hall landed one big one. But no one owns him like that. Amazing. His takedown & jiujitsu defense have gotten much better too.

Moose is also a fucking warrior, fighting with one goddamn eye and arguably winning the 2nd. It's one thing to fight when you are dominating like he usually does, but Moose also has the grit to stay in it when the shit hits the fan.

The result is whatever. The scoring / rounds system in fighting is flawed, this is not breaking news. I can't even blame the judges for this one, there is an argument for 1 & 2 Moose. I gave 1 to Shlemenko, but I can still see the argument. Sometimes the person who wins the most rounds didn't win the fight. It's far from a perfect system.

These motherfuckers need to do a rematch & finish this anyway. That fight was fucking awesome.

yeah this is accurate

This.

Still could’ve ended up being a controversial decision but the 2 extra rounds very likely would’ve produced a more decisive result.

I wonder if this will be the card that makes Bellator finally draw the line and start making all main events 5 rounds.

This card already got screwed with the two comain events getting cancelled due to injuries, and Moussasi/Storm was the only fight people actually cared about. Then it goes to a very controversial decision. If the fight were 5 rounds, we probably would have seen a more clear decision or even a finish.

Also, did anybody else notice Mauro repeatedly calling it a "split decision" after it was announced as a unanimous decision?
<TheWire1>
....Subconscience slip or what?

DAMN!
Gay guard dick riders are in full effect delusion tonight.....

"He's lucky he landed that one big punch, which was unorthodox mind you...and thrown from the knee....
so he didn't see it coming...so if your keeping score at home, moose only had one good eye and he still won....because if he had 2 eyes whoo doggy he would have lit schlemenko up in this hypothetical alternate universe where storm didn't light moose up with his "one" lucky punch....which shouldn't even count because he only landed a shot like that once......but could he have done it twice?.....never mind all the other punches....could he have landed that ONE big shot AGAIN.....i think not because then that would be two big shot and this whole argument wouldn't make any sense"

<YeahOKJen>
<JagsKiddingMe>
<{hfved}>

<JerryWWF>
<{nope}>
Geez man

Guy gets caught with an unorthodox punch thrown from his opponents ankles, blinding him in one eye, he goes on to dominate R1, squeak by R2, earn a controversial decision ... and he's a can...? I thought you World Wide MMA types were better edumacated.
/ thread

Moose is still a great Top 10-5 Middleweight. Some were saying he's the best Middleweight in the world right now, though. Hopefully their brakes have been pumped a bit.

I wonder if this will be the card that makes Bellator finally draw the line and start making all main events 5 rounds.

Doubt it. In all likelihood they wanted Moose to win so I doubt they dwell on the complaints too much

Yeah you could make that argument. It's more plausible than 29-28 for moose. Rd1 storm blasts him standing making moose panic wrestle. Moose does take his back but doesn't do shit with it the whole time. Rd2 all storm. Rd3 all storm.

Can't believe he got robbed like that..

<36>

Lmao are you drunk?

Moose lost the fight, but on the scoring system he won the fight marginally. Moose took the third round off, thinking he had won the first 2 rounds. Storm beat the brakes of Mousasi in the third. Mousasi must have the best chin in MMA now.

Shitty luck to get eyes totally shut like that. Moose should rematch him and I think he puts him away early as well, rear naked choke probably or gnp.

Typical curse

Well known fighter going to another org and loses/almost loses

I remember when Dana used to tweet a smiley face after the defeat

Ok just watched the full fight.

First of all I was impressed by Shlemenko, I thought Gegard would finish him under 3 minutes.

But let's be honest here, Mousasi clearly won that fight 29-28, you're out of your mind if you think Shlemenko was robbed. I think people didn't expect him to do that good against Mousasi.

If anything this shows us that Bellator ain't no fucking joke.

Ok just watched the full fight.

First of all I was impressed by Shlemenko, I thought Gegard would finish him under 3 minutes.

But let's be honest here, Mousasi clearly won that fight 29-28, you're out of your mind if you think Shlemenko was robbed. I think people didn't expect him to do that good against Mousasi.

If anything this shows us that Bellator ain't no fucking joke.

or that you might have overestimated Moose a bit.

Lol, Moose got fucked up, tho Shlemenko is a complete zero on the ground

Back