Bellator 185: Mousasi vs. Shlemenko Friday Oct 20 - 7p.m.ET

Yeah you could make that argument. It's more plausible than 29-28 for moose. Rd1 storm blasts him standing making moose panic wrestle. Moose does take his back but doesn't do shit with it the whole time. Rd2 all storm. Rd3 all storm.

Can't believe he got robbed like that..

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed the panic wrestling

Scored it for Mousasi, but Shlemenko got the better of him, altogether.

That second round seemed like a toss-up, but I thought Mousasi won. And Shlemenko did very well in rd 3, but it wasn't close to being a 10-8.

Yeah you could make that argument. It's more plausible than 29-28 for moose. Rd1 storm blasts him standing making moose panic wrestle. Moose does take his back but doesn't do shit with it the whole time. Rd2 all storm. Rd3 all storm.

Can't believe he got robbed like that..
No its not. R1 was not close. R2 was not close. R1 was close. It was going to be 29-28 one way or the other.
Not a robbery. Can't believe he couldn't beat a guy with one eye.

Guy gets caught with an unorthodox punch thrown from his opponents ankles, blinding him in one eye, he goes on to dominate R1, squeak by R2, earn a controversial decision ... and he's a can...? I thought you World Wide MMA types were better edumacated.

Threads not in the worldwide right now.

Shlemenko is a fucking badass. No one beats up Mousasi on the feet over the course of rounds. Machida edged him out, Hall landed one big one. But no one owns him like that. Amazing. His takedown & jiujitsu defense have gotten much better too.

Moose is also a fucking warrior, fighting with one goddamn eye and arguably winning the 2nd. It's one thing to fight when you are dominating like he usually does, but Moose also has the grit to stay in it when the shit hits the fan.

The result is whatever. The scoring / rounds system in fighting is flawed, this is not breaking news. I can't even blame the judges for this one, there is an argument for 1 & 2 Moose. I gave 1 to Shlemenko, but I can still see the argument. Sometimes the person who wins the most rounds didn't win the fight. It's far from a perfect system.

These motherfuckers need to do a rematch & finish this anyway. That fight was fucking awesome.

8343da6107ea99917c8f13192262d41e.png

Shlemenko is a fucking badass. No one beats up Mousasi on the feet over the course of rounds. Machida edged him out, Hall landed one big one. But no one owns him like that. Amazing. His takedown & jiujitsu defense have gotten much better too.

Moose is also a fucking warrior, fighting with one goddamn eye and arguably winning the 2nd. It's one thing to fight when you are dominating like he usually does, but Moose also has the grit to stay in it when the shit hits the fan.

The result is whatever. The scoring / rounds system in fighting is flawed, this is not breaking news. I can't even blame the judges for this one, there is an argument for 1 & 2 Moose. I gave 1 to Shlemenko, but I can still see the argument. Sometimes the person who wins the most rounds didn't win the fight. It's far from a perfect system.

These motherfuckers need to do a rematch & finish this anyway. That fight was fucking awesome.

Bellator needs 5 round main events

Wtf

This is a fight where we really needed 5 rounds, I don't know why bellator doesn't have 5 round main events.

I got Moose the first two rounds but Schlemenmo really whoopes his ass in the final round.

Schlemenko really turned a lot of heads tonight. He brought his fucking A game for sure

overall this was an incredible shit card and I'm glad NBA season started

You don't think the owning was derived from the eye? If he doesn't land that looping over hand that closes that eye, he probably has a lot less success, eh? Lol

So I guess...

Shlemmy landed his big one too.

Mousasi had a poor injury affected UFC debut as well. So we'll see.

You don't think the owning was derived from the eye? If he doesn't land that looping over hand that closes that eye, he probably has a lot less success, eh? Lol

So I guess...

and has that ever happened before? I can't remember one punch ever closing someone's eye like that in boxing or MMA. Gegard was basically defenseless on the feet he couldn't see anything coming from that side.

So I guess...

I can't go off hypotheticals & 'probably'. What I saw was a kickboxer bash Mousasi's face in, he gets the credit for that. It wasn't a situation like GSP/Koscheck II where he blinded him in the 1st, then rode a jab all night. Shlemenko waded in & looked sharp & vicious as hell the whole time. Against a lesser opponent, Mousasi's rally in the 2nd would have been enough to turn the tide, but Shlemmy wasn't having that shit.

and has that ever happened before? I can't remember one punch ever closing someone's eye like that in boxing or MMA. Gegard was basically defenseless on the feet he couldn't see anything coming from that side.

Its definitely odd but anything can happen. It still helps explain how the fight unfolded.

I can't go off hypotheticals & 'probably'. What I saw was a kickboxer bash Mousasi's face in, he gets the credit for that. It wasn't a situation like GSP/Koscheck II where he blinded him in the 1st, then rode a jab all night. Shlemenko waded in & looked sharp & vicious as hell. Against a lesser opponent, Mousasi's rally in the 2nd would have been enough to turn the tide, but Shlemmy wasn't having that shit tonight.

Bash? C'mon... He landed one big punch which had a ridiculous, random, uncommon effect which explains the rest of the fight.

Back