Bellator 201: MacFarlane vs. Lara 6/29 7:30PM Prelim/9PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

So those that follow prospects closely, are any of the big 4 at risk of being upset today?

Jamal Pogues (203.7) vs. Jordan Young (204.8)
Andy Murad (170.8) vs. Ed Ruth (170.7)
Joey Davis (170.6) vs. Craig Plaskett (168.2)
Tyrell Fortune (244.8) vs. Giovanni Sarran (251.8)
I Know Jamal and I am not sure about this fight for him. He really should be at 185, but so should Jordan. Jamal is a good grappler (Brown belt under Joe Stevenson) and Jordan mainly winds by subs. Jamal is the primary training partner of Dominic Reyes also.

I Know Jamal and I am not sure about this fight for him. He really should be at 185, but so should Jordan. Jamal is a good grappler (Brown belt under Joe Stevenson) and Jordan mainly winds by subs. Jamal is the primary training partner of Dominic Reyes also.

Thanks for the background, always makes for a more entertaining viewing knowing about the opponent. Best of luck to your former teammate.

Letourneau is on the main card because she is a UFC veteran who is far more well known than any of these wrestling prospects on the undercard and her fight against Williams is likely a title eliminator where the winner gets to challenge for the flyweight title against the winner of Macfarlane vs Lara also on tonight's card. Bellator has made a decent push of their women's flyweight division, even beating the UFC to crown an inaugural champion. If you're just against WMMA, then sure you're not going to like it. Aside from that it makes perfect sense that she is on the main card.

So those that follow prospects closely, are any of the big 4 at risk of being upset today?

The risk of upset is for Ruth, Murad is way more experimented and maybe the first time at WW for Ruth can have an impact on his gas tank... that aside all the other prospects should win

Thanks for the background, always makes for a more entertaining viewing knowing about the opponent. Best of luck to your former teammate.
I always root for the hometown kids, its strange to see them all on big stages knowing that I used to train with them when they were just starting, before I realized I was to old and broke to make a ammy fight lol.

There's some good stuff in here, @Meathead Jock, so when it comes time for the fights to begin, would you mind if I added a few things and edited the title to make this the official discussion thread for the event? As in, move to the heavies, stickied, and get it put on the main page?

giphy.gif

Wood roleplay 'Cortez conquers America' with

<{jackyeah}>

There's some good stuff in here, @Meathead Jock, so when it comes time for the fights to begin, would you mind if I added a few things and edited the title to make this the official discussion thread for the event? As in, move to the heavies, stickied, and get it put on the main page?

Please do good sir.

somewhere Michael Chandler hoping this event will not get more than 250k views

Main card isn’t exciting to me. The prelims have some good prospects though. I’m still confused as to why Ruth is on the prelims when Coker is talking about putting him in the 170lb tournament if he wins. Either way, Ruth could be the next big thing at 170 if he keeps developing the way he has.

Yea old training partner when I had delusions of fighting. Solid kid bust his ass but he is still real young as a pro and maturing. Lots of potential if he keeps his head on straight. I just hate seeing him get matched against a undefeated guy lol.
He beat 9-0 Kyle Noblitt in his last fight, so he could still play the spoiler here.

Someone please message me if the prelims start earlier than 4pm PST, im leaving work early to get home to watch them.

Jamal beat Noblitt, so he's the one with the best chances of causing an upset, still lean towards Young but not counting Jamal out.

Tyrell could lose by virtue of him usually looking underwhelming against meh competition. Davis and Ruth should get easy wins.

I like that level of dedication!
To be fair I kinda just want to leave work early too haha. I like these prelims tho, they look pretty good. Its like when they buried older gracie and older machida on an undercard I went to.

This main card is hilarious. Da zone is going to be racking up people buying subscription next yr with cards like this <JagsKiddingMe>

fortune, ruth and davis on prelims starting at 7pm EST, looks good

Dang under the needle at the moment but Will catch on my shitty small cell.
Dont know why I thought this was tomorrow!

Back