Bellator 204 Does 319k Viewers

You know your killing it when their running physic ads during your broadcast.

The switch to a streaming platform suites Bellator hopefully they have some sort of video fight library.

Anybody know what a DAZN subscription runs you in the states?

They announced $9.99 in the US. Better than having Mousasi/MacDonald at PPV prices but equal to higher-tier streaming competition.

Fucking terrible. I am sceptical that Bellator will remain on that network for much longer. It's a poor stylistic fit now that Spike has been rebranded and retooled into Paramount, and the numbers are simply awful.

The fact is that Bellator should run a lot fewer shows, and stack them.

Fucking terrible. I am sceptical that Bellator will remain on that network for much longer. It's a poor stylistic fit now that Spike has been rebranded and retooled into Paramount, and the numbers are simply awful.

I like more cards and less stacked cards. I prefer watching on tv than online, but at least now that they are mostly going to DAZN it will be nice that we don't have to see these negative posts about the poor or declining ratings on Paramount Network.

They announced $9.99 in the US. Better than having Mousasi/MacDonald at PPV prices but equal to higher-tier streaming competition.
That’s not too bad think I might cancel fight pass and pick it up

Looks like its second lowest rating on Spike/Paramount in Bellator history and in total viewers it might be the lowest overall. 197 had fewer viewers on Paramount but had CMT viewers to boost the rating. So this might be the least viewed Bellator on Spike/Paramount.

Thats why taking that streaming money is smart move. Cause its not getting any better on cable and that streaming money is guaranteed no matter what they do.

Same for UFC on ESPn/ESPN +.

The question becomes what happens in three years if the streaming business isn't over paying?

Right now you have this mad rush of providers trying to become the next Netflix or whatever. I'm not sure the market is going to bare multiple niche streaming services. The content that would make one of these companies explode (ie:NFL) those companies will just do it themselves and cut the middle man out(ie:HBO or MLB).

You know your killing it when their running physic ads during your broadcast.

The switch to a streaming platform suites Bellator hopefully they have some sort of video fight library.

Anybody know what a DAZN subscription runs you in the states?

$10 but doesn't really offer much. Some boxing and Bellator basically. It isn't like parts of Europe where they get NFL, NBA, etc..

Now grant it the boxing will have some solid match ups and same with Bellator. But how many of these $5, $10, $15,$20 month add ons will the consumer continue to support.

I think its almost a giving it will switch to CMT and on CMT 300K is killling it.

They weren't simulatcasting events for no reason earlier this year.

Paramount network viewership is actually up from Spike. The problem is its attracting an non MMA audience.

UFC was on network TV, not cable
Its not a 1:1 comparison and even still - UFC numbers have been trending down since the start of last year

Don't waste your time with that guy in his opinion BAMMA and Cage Warriors are doing good viewers so that means bellator and UFC are just dead lmfao.

Anyone with eyes can see numbers are down right now.

$10 but doesn't really offer much. Some boxing and Bellator basically. It isn't like parts of Europe where they get NFL, NBA, etc..

Now grant it the boxing will have some solid match ups and same with Bellator. But how many of these $5, $10, $15,$20 month add ons will the consumer continue to support.

Bellator is enough for me to pay $10 I mean thats 6 months of DAZN for the price of 1 UFC PPV.

The WW GP is worth my money lol and I'll definitely catch some of the boxing events as well.

As far as additional content anything they add is a bonus I'm getting DAZN specifically for bellator.

I like more cards and less stacked cards. I prefer watching on tv than online, but at least now that they are mostly going to DAZN it will be nice that we don't have to see these negative posts about the poor or declining ratings on Paramount Network.

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

QONVIyz.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

The question becomes what happens in three years if the streaming business isn't over paying?

Right now you have this mad rush of providers trying to become the next Netflix or whatever. I'm not sure the market is going to bare multiple niche streaming services. The content that would make one of these companies explode (ie:NFL) those companies will just do it themselves and cut the middle man out(ie:HBO or MLB).

Thats a big question. I really dont know if this DAZN is gonna work out. Its like the new kid on the block throwing tons of money around, we've seen how that ends. Affliction overpaying like crazy for guys, gone. PBC, overpaying for fights, they are still around but basically are dead.

I dont know if DAZN is gonna be the next big thing. Maybe it will be but I could def see in a few years this thing not going well. But if you are Bellator you take the money being offered and you deal with it down the road if it goes south.

What’s worse for fans, imo, is less mma

That's fair. I'm just stretched overly thin on streaming services personally. I like other things besides combat sports so I cant keep throwing $10 at every promotion that starts a service. That's just me though.

That's fair. I'm just stretched overly thin on streaming services personally. I like other things besides combat sports so I cant keep throwing $10 at every promotion that starts a service. That's just me though.
I feel you. I’ve read that they are offering some of the better soccer leagues in the world as long as other boxing matches

I’m definitely going to get that free month. If they offer good overall content and the service isn’t clunky, I’d pay 10 for it.

Bellator is enough for me to pay $10 I mean thats 6 months of DAZN for the price of 1 UFC PPV.

The WW GP is worth my money lol and I'll definitely catch some of the boxing events as well.

As far as additional content anything they add is a bonus I'm getting DAZN specifically for bellator.

Don't get me wrong I know us fans will order it. But we aren't that big of the percentage of the pie.

The problem is if your only drawing 400K or whatever for an event how many of them do you really think are going to pay for DAZN now? The UFC has content running around the clock it seems and attracts millions of unique viewers through out the month with there various content and they work there ass off to get 300K to order a $60 PPV. Yes, DAZN is much cheaper but Bellator for many fans of MMA is just this nice little side show that once in awhile puts on a card that they tune in for. Otherwise the typical UFC fan doesn't go out of their way for a Bellator event.

If DAZN end up watering down your current free content by the better fighters being more times than not regulated to DAZN events you now are shrinking your audience even further. Maybe to the point fans just move on. Look what just a name change of the channel did to the ratings.

It will be interesting to see how it all work out 3 years down the road. Great for Bellator's bottom line short term but it will be interesting if there able to grow the product at all.

Don't get me wrong I know us fans will order it. But we aren't that big of the percentage of the pie.

The problem is if your only drawing 400K or whatever for an event how many of them do you really think are going to pay for DAZN now? The UFC has content running around the clock it seems and attracts millions of unique viewers through out the month with there various content and they work there ass off to get 300K to order a $60 PPV. Yes, DAZN is much cheaper but Bellator for many fans of MMA is just this nice little side show that once in awhile puts on a card that they tune in for. Otherwise the typical UFC fan doesn't go out of their way for a Bellator event.

If DAZN end up watering down your current free content by the better fighters being more times than not regulated to DAZN events you now are shrinking your audience even further. Maybe to the point fans just move on. Look what just a name change of the channel did to the ratings.

It will be interesting to see how it all work out 3 years down the road. Great for Bellator's bottom line short term but it will be interesting if there able to grow the product at all.

I think SOME OF the lower viewership is still tape delay (aside from obvious down viewers in usa)and I think some people will want it just for being able to tune in live especially the UK and surrounding areas where it's been inconsistent for coverage. The US will be the hardest market to crack and really get a following but the rest of the world they have excellent packages and I expect a good amount of success from that alone.DAZN isn't going to fail or succeed simply because of the US market.

I've heard the possibility Of Bellator allowing DAZN access to its fight library as well as possible unique shoulder programming for Bellator on DAZN.

It would be spectacular if DAZN did well in the states but realistically they are more focused globally and it matches with the moves bellator is making to become more recognized in Europe and abroad.

DAZN and bellator are still shifting and evolving they aren't finished product so it's hard to tell how much success will come until we get more settling down and a better idea of long-term goals.

Like I said I'm not sold that US fans will buy DAZN outside of hardcore combat sports fans unless they get more sports and original content but I can see the bigger picture in how attractive and great DAZN is outside the US.

Gotta have a slow period so they can stack those HW and WW tournament cards

I think not only Bellator, but all MMA organizations are on a decline when it comes down to viewership.
This is why the Fertittas bailed the fuck out.

I got bad news, the DAZN deal isn't going to end Bellator tape delays either. The Tel Aviv card coming up on Thursday November 15th is not going to be streamed live on DAZN that Thursday like we hoped. It will be tape delayed and simulcast on Friday same time as the Paramount Network broadcast according to the The MMA Report podcast.

Back