PBP Bellator 295: Stots vs. Mix, Sat. 4/22, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins the interim bantamweight belt and grand prix?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really want to know how mix would fair against the top Bantamweights in the UFC, but I suspect bellator will do everything they possibly can to keep him locked down.

I think we cannot overlook how he's looked sorta clumsy standing in the past vs guys like Horiguchi and struggled to find the takedown. So certain kinds of fighters like Umar I think could give him trouble, realistically he's a top 5 dude in the UFC. Similar to Eblen and probably Usman and Patricio for all these years.

Bellator delivered imho.

Thanks for the banter everyone. Have a good night. See you around the boards.

98369-3378875.png

lol at getting a brutal KO then putting your black belt around your neck makes no sense. lol

Still don't beat Joaquim Silva KO'ing somebody and then yelling "Jiu Jutsu! Jiu Jutsu!" all postfight:D

I think we cannot overlook how he's looked sorta clumsy standing in the past vs guys like Horiguchi and struggled to find the takedown. So certain kinds of fighters like Umar I think could give him trouble, realistically he's a top 5 dude in the UFC. Similar to Eblen and probably Usman and Patricio for all these years.
Patchy is huge so naturally he’s gonna be slower. Horiguchi is small, and he’s fast for a flyweight let alone a bantamweight

Edit: Also archuleta had really quick feet too. I know it’s a shittier patchy but that movement gave him problems

makes no sense lol

great win though
It makes no sense to you, someone with zero training. He earned the black belt at some point recently. His teacher waited to award it to him at this special occasion. He didn't get awarded the black belt for this fight, he got awarded the black belt for literally years and years of work.

Lol I never really noticed what a bad poster you are until the Power Slap nonsense made it impossible to miss.

I think ppl forget how good Henry is, & also underestimate him because of his height. He is 36 now but also his mind is brighter than ever from coaching, & he's been working a lot with Mouse & Figgy the last cpl years.

Straight up I would take Cejudo but if I could get Mix at +120 or better I'd bang that line.
Mix is legit LW size tho.

Here he is with Islam

Cpizy45SzK9

This card needed a KO like that after that larceny that was the Macfarlane split decision. See ya all next time and thanks for the banter.

Most guys look a little clumsy against horriguchi striking, to be fair. Horriguchi is an odd style to prepare for, but yeah. Mix's striking is definitely still a work in progress. I will say that stylistically, I think he's one of the best fighters suited to deal with Merab. It's a shame we likely won't ever see all these good fights with him against UFC guys, though.

He's the best on the ground, getting better on the feet isn't a good sign for his opponents.

There's not a lot of challenges for Mix at 135lbs besides beating the winner of Patricio vs Pettis...which I think he will do. After that he can maybe run it back with Archuleta? I don't have the 135lb division fully scoped out in Bellator but besides Sarvarjon Khamidov and Jaylon Bates I don't really know of any really standout prospects and Bates showed us he's not ready for a big step up in his last fight. Maybe they could co promote with ONE or something, I'm not really interested in Patchy moving up, think their 145ers will be too good and careers in Bellator turn into novelty acts really quick when the guys start bouncing around.

Honestly I wouldn't hate Mix just leaving to prove himself in the UFC. Who knows if it'll happen and it feels like Bellator both offers good money and plays serious hardball logistically to make sure their top guys don't leave

Patchy is huge so naturally he’s gonna be slower. Horiguchi is small, and he’s fast for a flyweight let alone a bantamweight

Edit: Also archuleta had really quick feet too. I know it’s a shittier patchy but that movement gave him problems
Horiguchi also has his whole karate style where he stays on the outside and darts in and out. Makes him look like a cheetah

Back