News Bellator 300 : Nurmagomedov vs. Primus ; October 7 San Diego

TorontoTO

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Bellator will be holding its 300 event and Usman Nurmagomedov will be defending his lightweight title on the card.

Multiple sources informed BJPENN.com that Nurmagomedov will defend his title against Brent Primus, which also serves as the semifinals of the Bellator lightweight grand prix at Bellator 300. The event is set to go down on October 7 in San Diego, California. One source said this event could see multiple title fights on the card as it could be the final event in Bellator history. It’s also unclear if this fight will be the main event of the historic and potential final Bellator event.

Usman Nurmagomedov (17-0) is coming off first-round submission over Benson Henderson to defend his lightweight title for the first time, the fight also served as the quarter-finals of the grand prix. To win the title, Nurmagomedov scored a decision win over Patricky Pitbull back at Bellator 288.

In his Bellator career, Nurmagomedov is 6-0 and also holds notable wins over Chris Gonzalez and Mike Hamel. The 25-year-old fought for UAE Warriors and Gorilla Fighting Championship before signing with Bellator.

Brent Primus (12-3) picked up a decision win over Mansour Baranoui back in May at Bellator 296 in the quarter-finals of the grand prix. The victory got him back into the win column after he suffered a second-round TKO loss to Alexander Shabily. Prior to that, he beat Benson Henderson by decision after losing a controversial split decision to Islam Mamedov.

Primus is the former Bellator lightweight champion and looks to reclaim his title in October. In Bellator, Primus is 10-3 and won the belt back in 2017 with a win over Michael Chandler. Yet, he lost the belt in a rematch to Chandler by decision. In his career, Primus does hold notable wins over Tim Wilde, Derek Anderson, and Gleristone Santos.

The other semifinal matchup is Patricky Pitbull vs. Alexander Shabily, but with the future of Bellator unclear, it’s uncertain when or if that fight will happen.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/usm...t-title-at-bellator-300-against-brent-primus/

Wonder if Usman will just use his striking here or if he'll at least test himself against Primus' BJJ for a bit.

Been watching Bellator for over 10 years, will be sad day if this is there last event
Should go all out, have both the LW semis and the finals in the same night, do Bader/Linton/Nemkov/Whoever else you want HW tournament, Amosov vs. Jason Jackson, Cyborg vs. Zingano, Pico vs. X for the FW Interim title, Patchy vs. Sergio, rematch of Kyoji vs. Shinryu, and lastly Carmouche vs. MacFarlane

Been watching Bellator for over 10 years, will be sad day if this is there last event
It's funny cause there is still NOTHING pointing to PFL buying Bellator definitively other than some random scrubs on Twitter spamming bullshit. But Bellator is dying, bro.

I'll just join the party. What does it matter, bro? PFL is definitely gonna buy Bellator, bro. This whole card is pointless and they should just close up shop right now, bro. Screw the last card, bro.

It's funny cause there is still NOTHING pointing to PFL buying Bellator definitively other than some random scrubs on Twitter spamming bullshit. But Bellator is dying, bro.
I do agree I find it bizarre that no major mma media is reporting besides randoms on Twitter

I do agree I find it bizarre that no major mma media is reporting besides randoms on Twitter
If PFL doesn't announce anything today at their event, I am assuming its bunk since when the fuck are they gonna announce it?

If PFL doesn't announce anything today at their event, I am assuming its bunk since when the fuck are they gonna announce it?

When a deal is done? You cant announce something if its not done, maybe timing wise it doesnt work out and say they did buy it in Sept or whatever they'd hold a press conference. Doesnt have to line up with them running an event though that would make it easier I agree but not a must.

When a deal is done? You cant announce something if its not done, maybe timing wise it doesnt work out and say they did buy it in Sept or whatever they'd hold a press conference. Doesnt have to line up with them running an event though that would make it easier I agree but not a must.
Donn Davis said they would announce something big in August. I am assuming this announcement will occur during one of the events

That's cause there's nothing to report. These are all confidential matters amongst the people involved. Like Coker said, Viacom is the one handling everything so how would information get out? It's just people speculating on twitter and clout chasing a report they hope comes to fruition so they can be the first to say they reported it. That's how mma "journalism" works. It's hilarious people are actually believing randoms on twitter. Some dude on here a few months ago said they were gonna announce the Bellator purchase at their Saudi event in June. How did that turn out?

And if you think about it, PFL buying Bellator and dissolving it makes ZERO sense. If PFL was making a shit ton of money, sure. I can see it. But they need to raise capital to do this. So they're gonna buy a bigger brand, that makes more money, that has better talent and more international appeal, and dissolve and let majority of the fighters go anyway? Why buy it then? To get Usman Nurmagomedov? Amosov? Eblen? So you're gonna pay hundreds of millions for 3 or 4 fighters? Makes no sense. I can't see anybody giving them hundreds of millions to dissolve a successful entity and merge into an unsuccessful one and let all of the talent go. You bought it for no reason. You spent hundreds of millions to drop the brand and name value, and then take the top 10-15 fighters and let everyone else go? Totally makes zero sense. PFL is a sham and anyone believing this is gullible as fuck!

In fairness those same randoms were talking about PFL's interest in Bellator, while the major media was silent. We know that turned out to be true.

You also had people like Helwani saying PFL was out of the picture, while at the same time Josh and Big John were talking about what their sources said PFL had planned for the roster.

If it wasn't for some random's comments regarding Donn Davis speaking at that event, we likely wouldn't even know they were on the verge of a sale at this point.

Another solid fight.
Donn Davis said they would announce something big in August. I am assuming this announcement will occur during one of the events
I honestly think he's just riding the wave of publicity from rumors PFL buying Bellator and their announcement will just be them now airing on CBSSports or something.

Should go all out, have both the LW semis and the finals in the same night, do Bader/Linton/Nemkov/Whoever else you want HW tournament, Amosov vs. Jason Jackson, Cyborg vs. Zingano, Pico vs. X for the FW Interim title, Patchy vs. Sergio, rematch of Kyoji vs. Shinryu, and lastly Carmouche vs. MacFarlane
Not sure if Bellator is gonna do a mega card for 300. Neither 100 or 200 were very good cards as Rafael Carvalho and Ben Saunders headlined those lmao. They do have a lot of title fights left to do though. I think Cyborg vs Zingano was rumored for 300. If they go out, I sure hope it'll be a massively stacked card.

Bold prediction: There will be at least one PFL vs Bellator crossover fight (IF rumors are true).

That's cause there's nothing to report. These are all confidential matters amongst the people involved. Like Coker said, Viacom is the one handling everything so how would information get out? It's just people speculating on twitter and clout chasing a report they hope comes to fruition so they can be the first to say they reported it. That's how mma "journalism" works. It's hilarious people are actually believing randoms on twitter. Some dude on here a few months ago said they were gonna announce the Bellator purchase at their Saudi event in June. How did that turn out?

And if you think about it, PFL buying Bellator and dissolving it makes ZERO sense. If PFL was making a shit ton of money, sure. I can see it. But they need to raise capital to do this. So they're gonna buy a bigger brand, that makes more money, that has better talent and more international appeal, and dissolve and let majority of the fighters go anyway? Why buy it then? To get Usman Nurmagomedov? Amosov? Eblen? So you're gonna pay hundreds of millions for 3 or 4 fighters? Makes no sense. I can't see anybody giving them hundreds of millions to dissolve a successful entity and merge into an unsuccessful one and let all of the talent go. You bought it for no reason. You spent hundreds of millions to drop the brand and name value, and then take the top 10-15 fighters and let everyone else go? Totally makes zero sense. PFL is a sham and anyone believing this is gullible as fuck!

So this thread from @Hellowhosthat, who is a respectable poster here, means nothing in your eyes?

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/pfl-are-actually-buying-bellator.4301918/

In fairness those same randoms were talking about PFL's interest in Bellator, while the major media was silent. We know that turned out to be true.

You also had people like Helwani saying PFL was out of the picture, while at the same time Josh and Big John were talking about what their sources said PFL had planned for the roster.

If it wasn't for some random's comments regarding Donn Davis speaking at that event, we likely wouldn't even know they were on the verge of a sale at this point.

It's fake news.

I think if PFL ends up buying Bellator(sounds pretty much a done deal) this will be some massive announcement probably just before a PFL event. It will be handled more or less like a press conference would be my guess. No way Davis lets this opportunity go by with out some big "hey look at me" press conference, nor should he.

Back