News Bellator 300 : Nurmagomedov vs. Primus ; October 7 San Diego

Coker is getting a Saudi deal done
Can we put the PFL rumors to rest now? Gallagher literally said there’s a Belfast event in February next year and Coker confirmed they have events coming up. There’s another Japan event at the end of the year as well. I’m not saying PFL won’t buy them in the future. But it is not done now. You guys gotta stop believing these crusty Twitter scrubs living in their mom’s basements.

Makes more sense now. They are doing what UFC did before selling. Creating big cards to show their value and potential to interested buyers

Can we put the PFL rumors to rest now? Gallagher literally said there’s a Belfast event in February next year and Coker confirmed they have events coming up. There’s another Japan event at the end of the year as well. I’m not saying PFL won’t buy them in the future. But it is not done now. You guys gotta stop believing these crusty Twitter scrubs living in their mom’s basements.
I think it would be a bit premature to put PFL rumors to rest right now.

"We'll see what happens." Pretty much means Bellator is still on the market. Coker didn't deny Bellator being bought in that interview with Jimmy Smith. He only denied Bellator 300 being the last event. Also, It's hard to ignore Ray Sefo's post-event conference where he basically said PFL is in the process of a Bellator purchase. Patricky's statement should also be taken in consideration considering the Pitbull bros' relationship with Coker. Dana White, one of the biggest figures in the sport, also suggested credibility in the rumors at a press conference. Basically, the rumors certainly aren't limited to basement dwellers on Twitter.

From what I can gather, perhaps there are no plans to shutter Bellator in the meantime. Maybe the PFL could run Bellator much like Zuffa-era Strikeforce in 2011-2013. Even if Bellator is being bought, Bellator 300 could be an attempt to show PFL that they're worth keeping around instead of straight-up absorbing the roster into the PFL.

I think it would be a bit premature to put PFL rumors to rest right now.

"We'll see what happens." Pretty much means Bellator is still on the market. Coker didn't deny Bellator being bought in that interview with Jimmy Smith. He only denied Bellator 300 being the last event. Also, It's hard to ignore Ray Sefo's post-event conference where he basically said PFL is in the process of a Bellator purchase. Patricky's statement should also be taken in consideration considering the Pitbull bros' relationship with Coker. Dana White, one of the biggest figures in the sport, also suggested credibility in the rumors at a press conference. Basically, the rumors certainly aren't limited to basement dwellers on Twitter.

From what I can gather, perhaps there are no plans to shutter Bellator in the meantime. Maybe the PFL could run Bellator much like Zuffa-era Strikeforce in 2011-2013. Even if Bellator is being bought, Bellator 300 could be an attempt to show PFL that they're worth keeping around instead of straight-up absorbing the roster into the PFL.
You’re giving PFL way too much credence. They are not running shit here. They are one of several potential buyers and they have no say in anything because they’re broke. They have not purchased Bellator. Coker is saying it here. Nobody has bought Bellator. What you should take from this whole situation is that anything is still in play. Are they still talking to ppl? Yes. But Sefo is full of shit. He said talks are still ongoing. That means nothing. If you want to believe something bad enough you’ll start to convince yourselves like most ppl have on here.

You’re giving PFL way too much credence. They are not running shit here. They are one of several potential buyers and they have no say in anything because they’re broke. They have not purchased Bellator. Coker is saying it here. Nobody has bought Bellator. What you should take from this whole situation is that anything is still in play. Are they still talking to ppl? Yes. But Sefo is full of shit. He said talks are still ongoing. That means nothing. If you want to believe something bad enough you’ll start to convince yourselves like most ppl have on here.

I actively hope they don't buy Bellator, PFL is an absolute shit show and it also gives me one less major promotion to bet on.

Still think it's happening.

If PFL cant secure financing to buy bellator the potential deal will fall apart. It sounds like that could be a possibility.

"It ends here" welp, I guess its happening. This will be their final event.

I doubt very much that Bellator 300 will be the last event all because Scott Coker would have cancelled the 1 million tournament if he felt it would not be completed. Coker would not continue to say the winner of the tournament wins 1 million. Coker has never been a man that has cheated a fighter out of money they were going to earn he has always paid in full unlike Dana White. Thats why fighters that have worked with Coker will always support him. So I believe Bellator will go on I believe Coker will find a way to save the Org.

Coker is getting a Saudi deal done

I just might well be he's doing that. The Saudis have been spending unbelievable amounts of money getting into different sports I can see them jumping at the chance in getting in on the #2 MMA Org. Its probably the only way he can save the company.

I actively hope they don't buy Bellator, PFL is an absolute shit show and it also gives me one less major promotion to bet on.

Still think it's happening.
PFL is the worst of all the major promotions by far. Talent aside, their gimmick, production, and pacing are absolutely horrendous. Not to mention they cannot even turn a profit. I will admit they are starting to make some strides when it comes to signing top talent/prospects. But at what price? They are overpaying for guys and when you're already in the red how smart can that be? If you want to build an mma promotion you have to start from the bottom. They have a few ppl like Pergande, Powell, and Ditcheva but building talent takes years. Will they be patient? How about their investors? The Jake Pauls and Ngannous will crash you out.

PFL is the worst of all the major promotions by far. Talent aside, their gimmick, production, and pacing are absolutely horrendous. Not to mention they cannot even turn a profit. I will admit they are starting to make some strides when it comes to signing top talent/prospects. But at what price? They are overpaying for guys and when you're already in the red how smart can that be? If you want to build an mma promotion you have to start from the bottom. They have a few ppl like Pergande, Powell, and Ditcheva but building talent takes years. Will they be patient? How about their investors? The Jake Pauls and Ngannous will crash you out.

Yeah I think they'll probably drag Bellator down with them unfortunately. We've all seen this play out before.

I doubt very much that Bellator 300 will be the last event all because Scott Coker would have cancelled the 1 million tournament if he felt it would not be completed. Coker would not continue to say the winner of the tournament wins 1 million. Coker has never been a man that has cheated a fighter out of money they were going to earn he has always paid in full unlike Dana White. Thats why fighters that have worked with Coker will always support him. So I believe Bellator will go on I believe Coker will find a way to save the Org.

I just might well be he's doing that. The Saudis have been spending unbelievable amounts of money getting into different sports I can see them jumping at the chance in getting in on the #2 MMA Org. Its probably the only way he can save the company.

The Saudi money seems to be going to the PFL to allow them to buy Bellator unfortunately.

The Saudi money seems to be going to the PFL to allow them to buy Bellator unfortunately.

Thats what's been said but Coker has recently said he's already putting together the main event for Bellator 301, 302 and something possibly in the works for RIZIN's year end show. Then look at the 2024 PFL PPV's that will have multi million dollar payoffs for main and co-main event fighters which doesn't include the fighters percentage of PPV buys. Thats plenty of millions PFL will payout for the PPV alone. With all those millions put aside for the PPV's does the PFL have enough Saudi money to completely buy Bellator or will they only buy a small percentage? Going by what Coker said Bellator will be doing shows till end of year and that says PFL does not have the money for a complete buy. I doubt VIACOM will settle for a percentage buy of Bellator. VIACOM wants to get a full sale of Bellator so they just might sit and wait until someone completely buys Bellator.

they said the same thing about his last opponent but primus got it done.

Thats true but I dont think Mansour is Usman. Not that I thought Primus would win that but I just dont see him pulling this one off.

Thats true but I dont think Mansour is Usman. Not that I thought Primus would win that but I just dont see him pulling this one off.
primus is long in the tooth with a niche skill set but if he gets a submission win I won’t be surprised. Usman is good. Very good. Not taking a thing away from him

Typical Coker run org go all out for Bellator 300, but Bellator 200 no so much for whatever reasoning.

Back