PBP Bellator 301: Amosov vs. Jackson

Amosov usually looks much better. Hopefully he can bounce back in the future.

I’m confident he’ll bounce back.

Every Dog has its day. Jackson’s day was today. Well earned . Well deserved.

But Amozov will be back.

Good for Jackson.

He's notorious for being one of the toughest guys in the gym.

The only thing Amasov did well was land the calf kicks about 5 times. Should have been. Spamming it, surprised he didn't especially with Mike Brown in his corner.

Isn't Jackson a TUF reject? Maybe Amosov didn't take him seriously and spent more time getting half his body tattooed than at the gym training.

i wish bellator didnt divide up the commentating team, just do it like UFC, and get rid of big john too. mauro would bounce off way better on that chick and other guy. thompson.

Man
When did Jackson become this good
He was super keyed into Amasov's striking from the get-go
Whenever Amasov extended on his punches Jackson was ready with that uppercut
He must have scouted the fuck out of Amasov
Jackson hasn't finished a single fight in his entire Bellator career and now he's KO'ing the champ

In my opinion, I feel like guys fight at their best when they are the underdog with nothing to lose. He fought like he had noithing to lose so he just let everything go. Easily easily easily his best performance to date.

He’s gonna be a problem if he keeps fighting this way. Part of me feels like this is a flash in the pan though. I predict that he’ll never look this good again. Or……This boosts his confidence and he switched to another gear where he’s truly elite.

Time will tell.

I'd say it's because he's a very suffocating and methodical. Similar to Islam.

Ah, it’s a style preference. I’m a grappling nerd so I love it. But I understand your perspective.

Jackson might dog the hell out of most of UFC's top ranked WW's.
I've never been high on Amosov myself but Jackson showed how good he was here not how bad Amosov is. Jackson is a problem for anybody.
Don’t get me wrong Jackson is a fine fighter who I think would probably do well in the UFC and hover in the bottom half of the top 15 after tonight. It’s more of people saying outlandish things about Amosov before he’d beaten anyone resembling an elite fighter.

I mean there were people on the dog saying Amosov runs through Usman, Colby, Leon etc. lol

Isn't Jackson a TUF reject? Maybe Amosov didn't take him seriously and spent more time getting half his body tattooed than at the gym training.
Checking his record he is also a DWCS reject (injury loss), but he seems legit, and i had no idea he trains with Shavkat Rakhmonov, its not like he would be UFC's champion, but he would do just fine there too imo.

Weight, height and reach have a big role. Jackson is the first opponent with similar weight during the fight night...

Fitting end for Bellator. Last card and their 27-0 champ not only loses but gets destroyed by Jason fucking Jackson. Only way this ending could have been "more Bellator" is if the fight ended with a weird DQ/NC.

So are ''animated'' AV's no longer a thing <Ellaria01> ? No more funny hype hehe <Wink>
Not funny at all, actually really cringe and annoying. That’s why you’re ignored, but somehow with new layout I gotta ignore you again.

Pavlovich lost, but yet you are still here???

Im sorry to say I missed this event! And i was really looking forward to it. I'll try to watch them this evening.

Any specific ground wars or bangers I should watch?

Any specific ground wars or bangers I should watch?

I thought nearly the whole card was worth the watch easily. Course I'm a addict so take that as you will. Only a few bouts dragged on if I rightly recall. I'm just waking up (and baking) so the brain fuzz is heavy.

Man
When did Jackson become this good
He was super keyed into Amasov's striking from the get-go
Whenever Amasov extended on his punches Jackson was ready with that uppercut
He must have scouted the fuck out of Amasov
Jackson hasn't finished a single fight in his entire Bellator career and now he's KO'ing the champ

He's been good for quite a while, beat Douglas Lima as impressively as Amasov did. Based on their Bellator fights I don't think there was any evidence that Amasov was a better striker than Jackson Jackson, it was going to be a competitive fight if Amasov couldn't get it to the ground. The unbeaten streak definitely elevated him in our minds.

Back