Rumored Ben Askren Out Of Retirement Set To Box Jake Paul

Jake paul smart move by fighting an mma fighter who is primarily a wrestler and grappler. I dont like this fight at all but I imagine I will watch it. Pulling for askren for more reasons than one also glad to see him hopefully get a big payday after all the hip issues he has had and one thing about Ben is he can sell a fight so the lead up will be entertaining

has Askren not embarrassed himself enough?
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

YyslyNA.jpg

Jake Paul by brutal KO

has Askren not embarrassed himself enough?
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

YyslyNA.jpg

Jake Paul by brutal KO
You should also check out his Beat The Streets charity (freestyle) wrestling match against Jordan Burroughs. Burroughs literally ran him off the mat, Ben never scored a single point, and he teched him with ease.

*Edit
giphy.gif

Based on what I've seen from both, Jake Paul will probably knock him out early.

All these guys he’s calling out are a couple of weight classes smaller. He’s been boxing for a while now, why not call out a LHW MMA fighter, someone his own size.
The only fighter I know of that he called out his size is Bisping and he's retired. If one of these cherry picks goes wrong it'll be that one.

Walk in the park for Askren. You're all on crack if u think Jake Paul has a shot.

Depends on how much Askren puts into it. If he goes all-in, I can't see how some guy (aka. Jake Pual) can hang. Askren only has to put a high pace on him, possibly take some shots all the while (assuming Paul is a superior boxer to him)... once Paul realizes he's in with a shark (determination wise, heart wise) and that he is a minnow in those areas... it's a wrap.

Askren's gameplan should be clinching and dirty boxing ONLY. Make it ugly, get him tired.

It would be funny if he called out Anthony Jonson, that would be a fair fight.

Askren can't be bothered to train punches, but he improved loads. There is not enough of footage of Jake to make informed guestimate. But likely Jakes takes it. They should go for 7 minute mma round afterwards.

Ben is tough. Maybe he can take punishment and just hold and it and when an ugly embarrassing boxing match.
mid Ben loses this he will have the 2 most embarrassing defeats in prizefighting.

I’m an askren fan though.

The idea of Askren boxing anyone is bizarre.

I think that most of you, no offence, didn't watch the whole Jake vs Nate fight. You just watched the highlights.

Jake can't box for shit, and he's a civilian. Even if he has been training for 3 years, he's still a civilian. Even if he was wrestling in highschool, you guessed it, a civilian.

Askren is a pro fighter. Yes, his boxing is shit, but it's shit when he's fighting other pro-fighters.

He has the fortitude of a pro fighter, the bone density of a pro fighter, the stamina of a pro fighter. He fought for a living.

I'll be honest, it won't look pretty. Like Askren won't become an attractive striker all of a sudden. It won't be a boxing masterclass. But he will absolutely win.

KO'ing someone like Nate Robinson means nothing, never mind the fact that he looked like crap while doing it.

If he had won a 1-1 in basketball vs Nate then I'd be impressed :) But in boxing... it means nothing.

Askren can barely throw a punch and he's been doing this for about a decade. He's shockingly inept when it comes to striking. Tons of guys who have been training for around 3 years are absolutely better boxers than Askren (perhaps even most decently athletic people). I don't know if that includes Paul, but you overlook just how terrible Askren's boxing is.

Askren can barely throw a punch and he's been doing this for about a decade. He's shockingly inept when it comes to striking. Tons of guys who have been training for around 3 years are absolutely better boxers than Askren (perhaps even most decently athletic people). I don't know if that includes Paul, but you overlook just how terrible Askren's boxing is.

I agree, it's as terrible as it gets. And with that extremely terrible striking he will beat Jake Paul, terribly.

He will beat that civilian up with the weirdest looking punches known to man.

You'll see like 30 seconds to a minute of awkward brawling, followed by Askren slowly and awkwardly beating Jake Paul. It shall be awkward.

Back