Rumored Ben Askren Out Of Retirement Set To Box Jake Paul

Even if Ben gets KO'd, he makes a shit ton of money. It isn't an embarrassment to any sport, it is an embarrassment to the people who pay to watch this crap.

Good on Ben, in the event he gets smashed but collects a huge payday. And if he wins, good on him for putting a YouTuber out.

I dunno man, if he lost to this kid, to me it's not even worth the money especially when he was almost 20 fights undefeated at one point. It's like stop while you're ahead, you know? But he's got a family and all that so I see your point.

I mean Askren is pretty bad on the feet. Makes more sense than a conor fight. He's also retired so it's not like he's wasting any time with his mma career anymore.

Ben is getting knocked out.. IFAIK he hardly trained striking when he was fighting which was very evident from his fights. Jake Paul may be a YouTuber but he has power and Ben has almost 0 technique.

On paper Paul has to win but I expect this to be closer than what people will give Askren credit for. I don't believe he really bothered to train his striking all that much, if he takes it seriously and spends his time on nothing but boxing, he'll at least go to a decision with Jake Paul.

What the hell is up with Askren stumbling and bumbling all of his words there? He's generally pretty articulate and charismatic when he speaks, but that was rough to watch. I hope for his sake it was just nerves or something, and not the CTE kicking in.

Either way, it's a shitshow of a fight, but I'll be cheering hard for Ben to KO Youtube guy. Can't imagine it actually happens though, I'm sure Paul has a lineup of way more famous guys than Askren willing to jump in the ring with him for a few million bucks.

This shit show will happen as unfortunate as it is. Ben will get his pro boxing license and they'll fight on a Triller promoted card in March. On a positive note, if there is one, it's an easy money making opportunity for boxing fans (Jake Paul by KO/TKO in round 1, no later than round 2) and it'll do good ratings.

Couldn't all these people challenge one another at hopscotch or something ?

Paulie Malignaggi will have his popcorn ready for this.

Obviously, Ben will lose. Hopefully for him, the payout will be worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaybeHawk
Back