Media Best angle - definitive proof.

Wise1

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
FatDisfiguredIceblueredtopzebra-size_restricted.gif

1- Before Herb drops to his knees, Robbie is moving the “limp” arm. How can his arm be limp yet moving at the same time?

2- When Herb picks his arm up, the arm does not drop back to the ground but rather it remains elevated and Robbie even gives a thumbs-up before returning his hand to the canvas.

3- Robbie is immediately alert, aware, composed and justifiably pissed off AF after Herb intervenes.

I am totally unbiased in this.

You will find quotes from me speculating that Askren is a contender for WW GOAT and you will also find quotes from me stating my love and appreciation for Robbie - The type of man who makes this the greatest show in the world.

You will not find quotes from me predicting the result of this fight or claiming one superior over the other.

What’s right is right and Robbie doesn’t deserve to have an L on his record for this. IMO this is one of the very few instances where the result should actually be overturned to a No-Contest.

watch the weasle's video on it

Last edited:
Agreed. Thumbs up means I'm OK ref.

I can totally understand folk thinking he was "out" on first viewing but once you have all the information and angles it does seem very clear cut.

Yeah Robbie was fine imho. I'd like to see a rematch.

Robbie vs Usman

Askren vs Colby.

Winner vs winner.

Yeah he immediately gets up after too.

In a compromised position like that its not always easy to move how u want.

OP: "definitive proof"
goes on to prove nothing...

That gif starts to late, it doesnt show Robbie's arm/hand dropping from behind Ben's head.

FatDisfiguredIceblueredtopzebra-size_restricted.gif

1- Before Herb drops to his knees, Robbie is moving the “limp” arm. How can his arm be limp yet moving at the same time?

2- When Herb picks his arm up, the arm does not drop back to the ground but rather it remains elevated and Robbie even gives a thumbs up before returning his hand to the canvas.

3- Robbie is immediately alert, aware, composed and justifiably pissed off AF after Herb intervenes.

I am totally unbiased in this.

You will find quotes from me speculating that Askren is a contender for WW GOAT and you will also find quotes from me stating my love and appreciation for Robbie - The type of man who make this the greatest show in the world.

You will not find a quote from me predicting the result of this fight or claiming one superior over the other.

What’s right is right and Robbie doesn’t deserve to have an L on his record for this. IMO this is one of the very few instances where the result should actually be overturned to a No-Contest.

Great post.

I am also wanting to see other angles of when it looked like Askren went limp for a second (then woken up my another strike) during the GNP

Answer me this fanboys . How do you fall asleep and wake up with the pressure being applied ? Wouldnt he you know, stay sleeping?

Robbie was definitely conscious right before the stoppage.

The way his arm dropped very much gave the impression he was out though.

However, and I'm not a grappler here so maybe jujitsu bros can shed some light, even if he could come back to consciousness that quickly after being choked, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that he could do so whilst still in the choke that apparently put him out.

Back