Media Best angle - definitive proof.

I think anyone who has ever been choked out before knows that when you come to you aren't aware enough to stand straight up and protest.

Not sure if Robbie was out or not. Herb had the best vantage point.
If Robbie plans on taking another year off, before fighting again, they need to let Askren move on to fight someone else.

That gif starts to late, it doesnt show Robbie's arm/hand dropping from behind Ben's head.
Did it "drop" or did he put it down?
That wasn't a comfortable position to keep his arm, and it certainly wasn't going to help him unless he had planned on doing some hair pulling.

Ref mistake. Herb could have easily have stopped it when Askren was in trouble. He gave Askren the benefit of the doubt. Allowed him to recover. He didn't award that same courtesy to Robbie. He is no longer Robbie. He is now Robbed.

That gif starts to late, it doesnt show Robbie's arm/hand dropping from behind Ben's head.

Gif starts after it went limp

Irrelevant.

Gif starts from before Herb gets in closer to make his assessment and based on what we can clearly observe from a distance, Herb being in a much better position should not have blown this call and it is absolutely a blown call.

Also notice how Ben releases pressure when Herb steps in his face, then lets go 2 seconds later.

Robbie woke up while ben was holding his neck before letting go.

Askren was lucky to even get that far in the fight. I thought herb could have called it for a TKO & I wouldn't have questioned his decision.
Lawler got unlucky twice that nice I reckon.

Regardless of him “looking out” before this, this moment is all that matters. Herb goes to check him and Lawler responds appropriately, but Herb had already decided to stop it. You lift the arm to see if the guy is still there, and he was. Why would you stop it?

If you think he was out for a moment and came back and that justifies it, then you have to give Robbie the victory from the slam and punches. Askren went face down and limp and wasn’t defending at all.

It was a bad stoppage, not sure how it’s even arguable.

I don’t think Robbie was out but I do feel the fight was over soon after

The only angle that matters is that which most closely emulates Herb Dean's viewpoint, which this definitely does not

I think anyone who has ever been choked out before knows that when you come to you aren't aware enough to stand straight up and protest.

I've been choked out hundreds of times.

Totally disagree with you. I've had my training partners ease off and I've gotten up and asked them if I tapped. Everyone is different and each situation is different.

Robbie's arm fell like dead weight from the top of Askren's head to the mat and it landed with a thud. This would be consistent with losing control in a choke, even if its only momentarily.

Regardless of him “looking out” before this, this moment is all that matters. Herb goes to check him and Lawler responds appropriately, but Herb had already decided to stop it. You lift the arm to see if the guy is still there, and he was. Why would you stop it?

If you think he was out for a moment and came back and that justifies it, then you have to give Robbie the victory from the slam and punches. Askren went face down and limp and wasn’t defending at all.

11/10

Fuck over turning it, just rebook the match so we can see Askren get his head smashed off again.

Irrelevant.

Gif starts from before Herb gets in closer to make his assessment and based on what we can clearly observe from a distance, Herb being in a much better position should not have blown this call and it is absolutely a blown call.

It is relevant, because you are calling something proof without showing the entire sequence

It is relevant, because you are calling something proof without showing the entire sequence

Proof:

1- Robbie was not “out” when the fight was stopped.
2- Herb blew his own assessment. He picked up Robbie’s arm to which Robbie responded appropriately, even giving a thumbs-up and yet Herb still stopped it.

Whether or not Robbie went out for a moment before is impossible to know and irrelevant because when Herb jumps in to make his assessment, Robbie responded appropriately, Herb however did not.

Horrible reffing

FatDisfiguredIceblueredtopzebra-size_restricted.gif

1- Before Herb drops to his knees, Robbie is moving the “limp” arm. How can his arm be limp yet moving at the same time?

2- When Herb picks his arm up, the arm does not drop back to the ground but rather it remains elevated and Robbie even gives a thumbs-up before returning his hand to the canvas.

3- Robbie is immediately alert, aware, composed and justifiably pissed off AF after Herb intervenes.

I am totally unbiased in this.

You will find quotes from me speculating that Askren is a contender for WW GOAT and you will also find quotes from me stating my love and appreciation for Robbie - The type of man who makes this the greatest show in the world.

You will not find quotes from me predicting the result of this fight or claiming one superior over the other.

What’s right is right and Robbie doesn’t deserve to have an L on his record for this. IMO this is one of the very few instances where the result should actually be overturned to a No-Contest.
It was a bad call but you should show the whole sequence the problem is Lawler prior to when the gif starts was reaching at Askrens head, his arm then drops limo to the ground, that's when Herb Dean runs in and this happens, but Lawler shown enough then to be allowed to work. It was the initial arm drop that caused the reaction

It was a bad call but you should show the whole sequence the problem is Lawler prior to when the gif starts was reaching at Askrens head, his arm then drops limo to the ground, that's when Herb Dean runs in and this happens, but Lawler shown enough then to be allowed to work. It was the initial arm drop that caused the reaction

We all saw what appeared to be the arm dropping limp but that is only one view which offers an incomplete assessment of the situation.

In this gif, before Herb moves in, Robbie is already moving the arm in question. Herb picks the arm up anyway and Robbie moves it some more and even gives a thumbs-up to which Herb responds to by stopping the fight.

I realize that from Herb’s vantage point he may have not seen the thumbs up but isn’t it his job to get in the appropriate position to be able to properly assess the situation?

<PlusJuan>

Back