Media Best angle - definitive proof.

OP: "definitive proof"
goes on to prove nothing...

<GOT1>

A thumbs up, on camera ... is pretty much the only definitive proof of Robbie answering the ref. Herb also wasn't looking, as he looked upward.

Definitive proof Robbie was not out and Herb wasn't looking.

OP: "definitive proof"
goes on to prove nothing...
You can't show a proof to a blind person. It is there for you to see, if you choose not to then it's your problem but you can't say that black is white.

i couldn’t possibly have more of an opposite opinion with this angle as opposed to the original. It doesn’t even look like the same fight.

Proof:

1- Robbie was not “out” when the fight was stopped.
2- Herb blew his own assessment. He picked up Robbie’s arm to which Robbie responded appropriately, even giving a thumbs-up and yet Herb still stopped it.

Whether or not Robbie went out for a moment before is impossible to know and irrelevant because when Herb jumps in to make his assessment, Robbie responded appropriately, Herb however did not.

you cant say that the information that happened before herb kneeled is irrelevant. it clearly is.;

You’re right, he doesn’t have replay like we do but he does have his protocols.

Arm appears to go limp - that by itself is not enough to stop the fight. The refs job in that moment is to establish whether or not the fighter is conscious. Herb does that by checking Robbie’s arm to which Robbie showed the appropriate response.

If Herb wasn’t going to take the arm check into consideration then what he do it for?

Might as well of just stopped the fight at the sight of the arm appearing to go limp - sarcasm

I can’t just chalk it down to “Herb made a mistake” ... Ref mistakes are robbing us of incredible fights and robbing the fighters of $$$ and legacy.

It’s happening way too often and I’m sick of it. Best fight on the card and it was over before it began.

***Not to mention, do you think Robbie can afford or deserves a setback like this?
No he can't afford a loss like that. We can agree on that for sure

What do you mean? Herb grabbed his arm and Robbie kept it up and gave him the thumbs up. How is that not herbs fault. There's no in the moment bullshit. It's black or white. He failed to properly do his job and it costed someone a shit ton of money in the process. Herb was wrong here .it sucks but we're humans and make mistakes .this was just a super bad mistake on his part

Admittedly, I don't know much about the bulldog choke. Honestly, first time i've seen it. That choke looked tight though. In a nut shell, Robbie was fading. After his arm initially went limp I think we all thought robbie was out. It's unfortunate that the ref grabbed his arm and didn't realize he was still hanging on by a thread. Really-that sucks. I wanted the fight to continue as well. I think seeing the initial arm drop probably clouded his judgement. I didn't really see a definitive thumbs up, and herb may have not realized robbie was somewhat signaling he was ok. I'd liked to have seen robbie move a little more. Just saying at the time, herb truly thought he was out. Things happened that made it look that way.

This reminds me of the chiesa/lee fight. It's one of the few times i've seen something like this happen. The other was that georgian guy who went out right at the bell-that was maybe 6months ago. In the chiesa fight, he was hanging on by a thread and if memory serves me correct-he went out briefly and kind of went limp.

Here's my final question though, do you think robbie would have went out completely had herb not stepped in? I say this more out of curiosity and definitely am not saying that's justification for stopping. As previously mentioned, I don't know much about the ole school-yard bulldog choke, but taking a guess I'd say robbie would have went out cold.

You’re right, he doesn’t have replay like we do but he does have his protocols.

Arm appears to go limp - that by itself is not enough to stop the fight. The refs job in that moment is to establish whether or not the fighter is conscious. Herb does that by checking Robbie’s arm to which Robbie showed the appropriate response.

If Herb wasn’t going to take the arm check into consideration then what he do it for?

Might as well of just stopped the fight at the sight of the arm appearing to go limp - sarcasm

I can’t just chalk it down to “Herb made a mistake” ... Ref mistakes are robbing us of incredible fights and robbing the fighters of $$$ and legacy.

It’s happening way too often and I’m sick of it. Best fight on the card and it was over before it began.

***Not to mention, do you think Robbie can afford or deserves a setback like this?
In the link below, Ben gives his thoughts on it (starts around 3 min mark). Of course he's a little biased.

Back