• A Nightmare on Elm Street

• The Texas Chain Saw Massacre

• Jacob's Ladder

• Carrie

• Poltergeist

• The Ring

• Other (specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have to go with The Shining. It transcends the genre as one of the greatest films of all time. The Excorcist gets a close second, and whatever is third is pretty far behind.

the shining is probably the best, but 28 days/weeks later will always be my favorite horror movie/series.

The Exorcist scared me so much on my first viewing of it.

This thread has been done about 500 times. Its almost always the same result. The Shining, The Exorcist, and The Thing will soak up the lions share of votes.

SuspiriaItaly.jpg

Suspiria is a work of art.

i reallly love 28 days later.

I really loved Sinister it was a great horror movie (voted for TCM though that was a super creepy flick, very uneasy setting through out the beginning)

Dawn Of The Dead (1978)
The Thing (1982)
Halloween (1978)
What We Do In The Shadows
The Shining
The Exorcist
Nosferatu
Shaun Of The Dead

Just watched the first half of The Witch during lunch. Holy fucking shit this movie sucks.

Top 10 for me goes something like:

1. The Ring
2. The Exorcist
3. Secret Window
4. Pet Sematary
5. Dawn of the Dead (2004)
6. The Uninvited (2009)
7. Ravenous
8. Mama
9. The Conjuring
10. Cabin in the Woods (2012)

Honorable Mentions: Cabin Fever (2003), Sinister, Devil, The Visit, Darkness (Anna Paquin), The Thing, Suspiria, Psycho, Evil Dead (2), 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Martyrs, The House of the Devil (2009)

You forgot this. @BisexualMMA @splendica

The best movie for me on the list is Saw, but I don't consider Saw as a true horror movie like others on the list (except Get Out). So The Exorcist gets my vote.

The best movie for me on the list is Saw, but I don't consider Saw as a true horror movie like others on the list (except Get Out). So The Exorcist gets my vote.

Saw turned horrorish for me at the pig head scene. The last 15 minutes is what made the movie great for me. But it's definitely borderline horror, like Silence of the Lambs maybe.

The Exorcist is in the lead thus far, followed by The Shining and The Thing.

Back