Best UFC LW prospect?

look at the definition of a prospect. Its textbook definition is someone who will succeed in the future. You dont need X number of fights or less to be considered a prospect.

Relative to the top 10 level in MMA, being a contender and or a champion...Desmond Green will never be successful, he'll always be at best a fringe top 20 guy. Desmond doesn't even showcase the skills, talent or intelligence to ever be a top 10 caliber fighter which is obvious if you've followed his career.

Still going with Groovy...

giphy.gif

155 has some legit (Mentioned) fighters. But can we just get the title situation fixed first.

Relative to the top 10 level in MMA, being a contender and or a champion...Desmond Green will never be successful, he'll always be at best a fringe top 20 guy. Desmond doesn't even showcase the skills, talent or intelligence to ever be a top 10 caliber fighter which is obvious if you've followed his career.
yeah cause having wins over emmett and khabilov (robbery), showcases that he isnt anywhere near top level. I bet you havent even followed his career. Hes only really lost to Andre Harrison as of late. Hes still a prospect and should run through Prazares. Move along with your day kiddo.

Kevin Lee is legit, and, like Erick Silva, he's so young in his career still. 25 years old and a good amount of high-level experience under is belt already. He will continue to get better and better.

Thought Erick was 19?

UFC just signed Cage Warriors champion Chris Fishgold who's 14-1. He didn't look the best against on the Cage Warriors Unplugged card, but he smoked his last opponent. I heard he might be going down to FW though.

People are gonna hate on me but Sage Northcutt has massive potential. He looked really good in his last and seemed more like a killer. Also maybe not the best but I've also been impressed with Jared Gordon and Damir Hadzovic whose fighting tonight.

The best are Islam, Mairbek and Gregor

David Teymur or Makhachev. Nasrat Haqparast looked really good and he's 22 or 23, that's impressive. Northcutt is promising too, idk why he gets so much hate. Dude is huge to LW, has legit striking background and trains with a good team, should develop fast and his potential is up there with the best prospects at MMA.
I was also impressed with Haqrapast

Diakise still has tons of potential.

Nah Diakieses a bum. All flash no fundamentals.

Teymur
Islam
Mairbeck
Gregor
Gilbert Burns
Alex Hernandez
Magomed Mustafaev
Lando Vannata
Stevie Ray
Don Marge
Drakkar Klose

All better than Diakiese

Taisumov, Islam, and Gillespie are the well rounded ones that stand out for sure. Gregor and Islam are amazing on the ground while being good strikers too. Taisumov has arguably the best striking division along with some underrated wrestling. I could easily see Islam or Gillespie becoming champions, maybe not Mairbek due to visa issues.

Last year Kevin Lee made the jump from prospect to contender.

IMO the best prospect is Islam Makhachev. He possesses incredible grappling ability and improving striking, as evidenced in his last 2 fights.

tumblr_p2vq3uHL391rofocqo1_500.gif

Tons of prospects to choose from like Gillespie, Taisumov etc. Who do you think will go the furthest?
Been saying it since before he was in the UFC.. Gregor Gillespie, the answer to Khabib's dominance. But Islam Makhachev is on par with Gregor imo.

Plus, Jackson's is the place to be to fix fighter's holes. You really could not ask for a better camp for a young fighter.

<Dany07>

Jackson's jumped the shark a long time ago, their advantage was that they were the first gym to really study and game plan for their opponents. Now that everyone does that, they are completely mediocre because they don't have any top shelf coaches.

I mean, do you REALLY think a gym that is like 5-20 in recent UFC fights is the best gym for anyone, let alone a developing fighter?

Last year Kevin Lee made the jump from prospect to contender.

IMO the best prospect is Islam Makhachev. He possesses incredible grappling ability and improving striking, as evidenced in his last 2 fights.

tumblr_p2vq3uHL391rofocqo1_500.gif

Tons of prospects to choose from like Gillespie, Taisumov etc. Who do you think will go the furthest?

Great pick!

15-1, only 27 years old, Sambo champion, training with Khabib and the guys at AKA.

Last edited:
Makhachev for sure. Gillespie is up there too, but the guys already 31 years old where as makhachev is only 26 and has a greater upside I think.

That Alexander Hernandez who starched Dariush on two weeks notice looks promising, too

UFC is pretty bad at signing prospects unfortunately. There's no exciting Lightweight prospects in the UFC on my radar. Islam is okay, I've never been that impressed by him and Tibau is beyond washed up, that win means nothing.

How is Tibau beyond washed up?

His only loss since 2015 was against Tony Ferguson.

Back