Beterbiev vs Bivol June 1st in Saudi ESPN+

Who wins ?

• Total voters
That's fights official. I've bet against beterbiev before even though I like him. I felt very clever saying gvosydk will fold like bute. I feel bivol isn't as good as that version of gvosydk skills wise but I'm guessing he has a bigger heart. Matching who is better in what department bivol is a better boxing, quicker and Better feet. Bivol was able to stay focus in a bigger fight vs Canelo.

I also think with beterbiev winning all his matches by knockout that any rounds that remotely close won't go to him. Maybe I'm over rating bivol but I see him winning a close decision.

Also this being in Saudi doesn't that mean lots of Russians will be there. Or will the Saudi favour the Muslim. Even though he's the wrong kind of Muslim to them.

That's fights official. I've bet against beterbiev before even though I like him. I felt very clever saying gvosydk will fold like bute. I feel bivol isn't as good as that version of gvosydk skills wise but I'm guessing he has a bigger heart. Matching who is better in what department bivol is a better boxing, quicker and Better feet. Bivol was able to stay focus in a bigger fight vs Canelo.

I also think with beterbiev winning all his matches by knockout that any rounds that remotely close won't go to him. Maybe I'm over rating bivol but I see him winning a close decision.

Also this being in Saudi doesn't that mean lots of Russians will be there. Or will the Saudi favour the Muslim. Even though he's the wrong kind of Muslim to them.
Why is he the wrong kind of Muslim? As far as i know Beterbiev is a Sunni muslim. Saudi is a Sunni country.

I doubt the location will favor anyone tbh. It's gonna be high profile folks who don't know anything about boxing and the intl boxing community.

I'm picking Beterbiev, Rd 9 KO

Why is he the wrong kind of Muslim? As far as i know Beterbiev is a Sunni muslim. Saudi is a Sunni country.

I doubt the location will favor anyone tbh. It's gonna be high profile folks who don't know anything about boxing and the intl boxing community.

well now I know I didn't know it all lined up.

You guys sure we won't see a repeat of Canelo vs Bivol in the main event. Beterbiev isn't fast enough and Bivol hits hard enough for Beterbiev's momentum to be halted somewhere.

That Wilder vs Zhang fight is...something entirely. I dunno how Zhang is gonna win this one though because he's an open target and is way too slow to act as an actively moving target for Wilder's still deadly right hand that can ohko.

So, they've sparred in the past. Artur said to Bivol, "You know," which could mean that he handled him in sparring. One of the commentators believes he might've hurt or chinned him there. It would certainly explain why Bivol has been avoiding this fight for so long. Interesting.

You guys sure we won't see a repeat of Canelo vs Bivol in the main event. Beterbiev isn't fast enough and Bivol hits hard enough for Beterbiev's momentum to be halted somewhere.
All of Artur's opponents have thought the same thing. That he's too slow. Yarde also said it to him. Look at how it worked out for them. They got mowed down. Bivol hits hard enough to halt Artur's momentum? I doubt it. We'll find out soon enough.

That Wilder vs Zhang fight is...something entirely. I dunno how Zhang is gonna win this one though because he's an open target and is way too slow to act as an actively moving target for Wilder's still deadly right hand that can ohko.
Bivol does not hit hard enough to keep Beterbiev off him, not a shred of evidence for that claim. Bivol hasn’t stopped anyone in 6 years. Meanwhile Beterbiev has fought, hurt, and KO’d numerous slick boxers AND punchers. If Bivol beats Beterbiev he’s gonna have to dance for 12 rds and pitch a shut out. Beterbiev by KO 9.

All of Artur's opponents have thought the same thing. That he's too slow. Yarde also said it to him. Look at how it worked out for them. They got mowed down. Bivol hits hard enough to halt Artur's momentum? I doubt it. We'll find out soon enough.
he is pretty slow, but his timing is so damned good that it doesnt matter. he knows how to hit the right shot at the right time.

he is pretty slow, but his timing is so damned good that it doesnt matter. he knows how to hit the right shot at the right time.
He's been in there with a lot of fast guys: Yarde, Gvozdyk, Browne, Usyk (in the ams), and dozens of other boxers that all have plenty of hand & foot speed. He's never had trouble landing on them. It's his timing and footwork that allows him to get into position to land his shots. He was able to get inside consistently on Gvozdyk and Callum Smith and they're a lot rangier than Bivol.

Bivol does not hit hard enough to keep Beterbiev off him, not a shred of evidence for that claim. Bivol hasn’t stopped anyone in 6 years. Meanwhile Beterbiev has fought, hurt, and KO’d numerous slick boxers AND punchers. If Bivol beats Beterbiev he’s gonna have to dance for 12 rds and pitch a shut out. Beterbiev by KO 9.
I agree. Bivol struggled to hurt Lyndon Arthur. He finally managed to drop him with a body shot but couldn't finish even though he tried to end it. I think the size & strength difference will really show on fight night. Bivol isn't big enough or durable enough to take the type of punishment that's about to come his way. I've got Artur by KO late (somewhere between rounds 9-11).

Lol no he doesn’t.
Even if Bivol did have the power, which he doesn't, his style is counterproductive. That said there will be times in the fight where he'll have to pick his spots and throw with spite. If he can't get Artur's respect at all then it'll be a short night for him.

Saudites and Emirates doesn't care about boxing at all. They wants to promote country in international scene and get more high profile guests and attention in Western media....therefore financing for events. I don't think that they will attempt to impact judges cards etc...

Even if Bivol did have the power, which he doesn't, his style is counterproductive. That said there will be times in the fight where he'll have to pick his spots and throw with spite. If he can't get Artur's respect at all then it'll be a short night for him.
Agreed - and I don’t think Bivol pulls it off tbh.

Will matter how " old " they now are.
Bivol doesn't provide even half of power prime Gvozyk etc might provide. While he might provide damn a lot of micro movements in long rows and Bet is old.
From other point Bet is crazy game opponent... his approach to fight isn't head hunt. It is to wear down opponent to make him slower and then achieve stoppage and doesn't matter will this happen after 1 or 10 punches...

Yes people treating that like a good fight for Zhang but looking at the Parker fight all Wilder needs to do to win is not get knocked out. And unlike Parker Wilder can get KDs and 10-8s even if Zhang is durable enough to survive.

Zhang needs to one shot Wilder to win(which to this point no one has ever done). All other roads lead to Wilders victory.

I'm kind of surprised how many are just writing Bivol off.

Wilder/Zhang..... I like Wilder. I never thought he was more than he was. Big punchers always tend to flop at the elite level it seems, but even worse for Wilder is that he just looked completely shot against Parker. It wasn't just that he got outboxed, he couldn't seem to get into any rhythm at all. If a guy reliant on power can't let his hands go, he can't win.

I'm kind of surprised how many are just writing Bivol off.

I've said this exact thing many times to the point i've just stopped. I'm not saying Bivol will win, in fact he might get destroyed, but the fact that so many people are basically saying it's a guarantee that Bivol gets creamed is tad confusing to me.

Back