Law Biden admin puts popular Chinese drone maker DJI on investment blocklist.

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
- The Biden administration has put Chinee company DJI, the market leader for consumer drones, on an investment blocklist.
- American citizens are now barred from investing in the company
- DJI is now included in a list called "Chinese Military Industrial Complex Companies"
- Previously DJI was in the Commerce department's Entity List, which prevented US companies from selling ti components.
- But unlike products from Huawei, DJI products are not barred for sale in the US.

The latest moves are part of an effort by US President Joe Biden to sanction China for repression of Uyghurs and other ethnic minorities in the Xinjiang region. Others that will be added to the list include cloud computing firms and facial recognition companies that operate in Xinjiang.

https://www.engadget.com/us-government-china-dji-investment-blocklist-103514525.html

----

Just ban DJI alltogether, for aiding and abetting the repression in Xianjing. There's other drone makers.

Whoa I thought China Joe was a Chinese owned puppet?
you can thank Trump for pushing the narrative

aside from that, does this really mean anything if you can still buy their products and easily dominate the drone and soon cinema markets? A DJI sponsorship is about as good as an Apple one these days

and china joe is still a thing, deal with it. He's been in bed with china for decades, this erases none of that.

you can thank Trump for pushing the narrative

aside from that, does this really mean anything if you can still buy their products and easily dominate the drone and soon cinema markets? A DJI sponsorship is about as good as an Apple one these days

and china joe is still a thing, deal with it. He's been in bed with china for decades, this erases none of that.

How is "china joe" a thing ? What exactly has he done , since he became president, that indicates he is acting in a manner that points to him / his son being bought and paid for by China?

Yes, for all Nike products made in China. Been boycotting Nike for 30 years now.

shouldn't Biden be banning them until they get out of China.

I think Biden is doing stupid little gestures like this and the olympics to make it look like he is retaliating against china...but he really isn't.

I think Biden is doing stupid little gestures like this and the olympics to make it look like he is retaliating against china...but he really isn't.[/QUOTE]

you get it

Don't care for Biden but I can get behind anything that is a fuck you to China.

Bought one of these drones yesterday, a present for myself.

I think Biden is doing stupid little gestures like this and the olympics to make it look like he is retaliating against china...but he really isn't.
The problem with banning Nike outright unless they pull out would require Biden to ban Apple, Honeywell, Ford, General Motors, Tesla, Boeing and a shit ton of American companies; because all of them make and or sell in China.

He is retaliating, but you can't expect him to take such drastic steps as wholesale banning of American companies , because he will be up against Republicans, Democrats, WallStreet, Chamber of Commerce, Corporate America etc..Biden can't take them all on. People would be bitching at him for putting Americans out of work, by banning business with China.

Uyghur rights groups are happy than Biden is diplomatically boycotting, so clearly it isn't nothing. Rights groups lobbied the Biden admin for the boycott.

Last edited:
5y14va.jpg

“DJI is a privately held company, not a state-owned enterprise. DJI was founded in 2006 by Frank Wang during his time studying at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. The company is now headquartered in Shenzhen, known as China’s Silicon Valley for the many global tech firms based there.” Wang and his founding colleagues operate the company. “DJI did not receive any Chinese government investments, but American venture capital firms invested more than $100 million.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back