Bisping Already Trying To Discredit The Inevitable

Look, we all all know how this fight is going to go. GSP is going to take Bisping down at will, and make him mildly uncomfortable for five straight rounds, leading to a 50-45, 50-45, 50-45 unanimous decision victory. It's going to happen. I know it. You know. Bisping knows it.

At the most recent presser, Bisping was already complaining about GSP's future victory.

Almost as if he was channeling his future post fight interview, Bisping was heard saying:

"When you take someone down, you're avoiding a fight!"

"Stand and fight like a man!"

"Look, we know what you're going to do. You're going to double jab and take me down."

It's already over.

Bisping will KO GSP

George is gonna be in with a much bigger guy though alot of Bispings advantage regarding ring rust has been negated due to his own inactivity. I'm hoping they knock each other out and won't pay to see it.

GSP will never recapture what he was like athletically in his youth. This is why I wish he would have never come out of retirement. I've always been a GSP fan and that's why its going to hurt if he looks like shit and gets destroyed. He could have rode off into the sunset, 25-2, avenged both losses, left as champion. He had the ultimate career and retirement and now here he is wanting more. I wish he would have never come back.

I wished the same, alas the competition in him has made him come back. The thing with GSP is, he is intelligent/tactical in his decision making.

I honestly believe he wouldn't come back unless all his T's are crossed and I's dotted.

Because he's very good at scrambling back up and he has very strong cardio.

This is going to be a battle of cardio IMO and GSP who never had cardio quite as strong as Bisping is going to get outworked on route to a late tko.

Also it's one thing to bring up Bisping take down defense, he wasn't dumping people on their head the second they clinched like Jones or having people shoot from 6 feet out terrified of his power.

Also GSP packed on more muscle I see him getting tired quick sort of like when cung le fought bisping all the extra muscle just made him more tired I think and bisping is devestating when he's fighting a tired foe he absolutely brutalized le I just rewatched that fight yesterday holy shit his face was messed up

BUt GSP in his dark place with aliens in his butthole said he was going to finish Bisping not hump him.

BUt GSP in his dark place with aliens in his butthole said he was going to finish Bisping not hump him.

If there is one thing these two have in common, it's confidence in their finishing ability in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

I can't remember the direct quote, although my quote was off a bit. It was something like:

"You're going to jab a few times, go for the double, and put everyone to sleep"

Something like that. Can't remember if he said "get the double", or "go for the double", but the "put everyone to sleep" part, is essentially conceding that it's going to happen, and he definitely said that.

I'm obviously reading too much into it for fun, but I do believe Bisping is consciously trying to soften the blow of his inevitable unanimous decision defeat. He's desperately trying to goad GSP into not using his wrestling, and already discrediting the style as trying to "avoid a real fight", or not fighting "like a man". It's like he's already lost that way to GSP, and trying to hype up a rematch or something.

I once read an article by Jack Slack, about the effectiveness of GSP's striking. In it, he explained how Georges doesn't have a jab, he has 6 jabs, and he uses all these variations of the jab wonderfully well to see up his take downs. I've give the link below, its a solid breakdown. I'm just not sure Georges' has that kind of skill anymore.

GSP's 6 Jabs

The Springing Jab
The Staggered Jab
The Level-Change Jab
The Safety Lead
The Shortened Right Straight
The Superman Jab

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/jack-slack-an-almost-complete-georges-st-pierre-striking-primer

Sonnen has horrible passing and likes to stay in guard...This is why Bisping had less trouble getting up. GSP moves/passes/smothers/mounts...The main reason GSP has a black belt is for his control and passing game. What he lacks in locking down submissions he makes up for in that area of BJJ.

In that...He outshines both Chael and Kenndy who shared the same issues fighting Bisping.

Yea its been a while since I looked but I'm pretty sure Georges has the most guard passes in UFC history. The only other person I've seen pass guard as easily as Georges does is Khabib.

I'm just not sure Georges' has that kind of skill anymore.

It's really the only wildcard in this fight, that makes it somewhat interesting. 5 years is a LONG time, so who knows what GSP will look like.

But yeah, GSP's standup is grossly underrated. When he isn't taking you down, he's usually peppering your face with pinpoint precision jabs.

Well, you know, the grey's do have a thing with butthole scorpions.

giphy.gif

Salt...lots of it.
Not really. He was never top 10 and still isn't. He's a stain on the belt. But hey, that's not just my opinion. Bisping believes it too. That's why he's avoided all contenders for 17 months.

How on earth is Bisping, a primarily standup fighter with average TDD, a horrible match up for the Iron Blanket?

I think of it like this though

GSP has been gone four years. Cast aside the (pretty good) assumption that he would never come back if he wasn't in top fighting shape for a moment and just think about four years out of competition. He's coming back into the deep end and he's fighting in a weight class where we have no record of success to look at when it comes to Georges. He's never fought at MW and Bisping is certainly not a small MW. He's actually a former 205er.

So four years gone, hasn't fought a guy of Bis' size and factor in that Bisping has a good workrate standing and is very difficult to keep down when taken down. He's lost to Rashad and Chael but other than Chael in rd. 3, I recall the grappling in those fights being about Bis continually fighting back to his feet and preventing the wrestler from getting much offense.

Chael and Rashad are not as good mmartists as GSP is for sure but they are also substantially bigger than him and they had a hard time keeping Bisping grounded.

This is a five round fight so two of three rounds of superior grappling is not going to cut it for a win. GSP has to win a majority of the rounds because he is not going to stop Bisping. Hopefully he is capable of it but I think it's an uphill battle.

Tim Kennedy had no problem doing ot

That's true of all the wrestlers Bis lost to, Kennedy was the only one that really kind of manhandled him when it came to the grappling. Rough fight for Bis. Kennedy was also landing big shots standing too.

I remember in round 5 Kennedy was in top position again and Bisping shot Yves a really nasty look as if to say he's not doing shit and Lavigne stood the fight up. lol. Thought that was some slick ref manipulation by The Count.

Because he's very good at scrambling back up and he has very strong cardio.

This is going to be a battle of cardio IMO and GSP who never had cardio quite as strong as Bisping is going to get outworked on route to a late tko.

Also it's one thing to bring up Bisping take down defense, he wasn't dumping people on their head the second they clinched like Jones or having people shoot from 6 feet out terrified of his power.

GSP doesn't have Bisping-level cardio??? You mean GSP who has taken 8 fights the full 5 rounds and had gas in the tank vs Bisping who has taken a whopping 4 fights 5 rounds. I hope this was a joke.

Bisping is clearly larger than GSP. GSP is used to taking down LWs. I hate Bisping, but he'll win this one.

Well you had no one in title fights since Bisping thats my point. They all had to terminate each other out of title fights and are the elite of MW. Now Mousasi is gone.
To the public title fights are the epitome of a division and MW sucked bigtime in this regard since Bisping is "champ". Like I said in annother post. Ist exactly like Serra winning the title back then
and in a division of great fighters defending against top20 fighters for years. Its detrimental to public perception of a weightclass.

Watch the Diaz fight. Even there GSP had much much more trouble to implement his takedowns compared to his prime and often could not get it. And that against someone as bad at td defense as Nick.
The Diaz fight was not GSP in his prime. His prime was prior to multiple serious knee surgeries. He was far less the explosive athlete post surgery. Yet GSP still won every round vs. Diaz.

We don't know how GSP will look after the long layoff. He might be rusty or he might be healthier both physically and mentally. He was having concussion issues during the later part of his WW title reign. However, GSP is 36 and Bisping is 38 and I submit that Bisping has taken more overall damage in the cage including far more violent beatings than GSP and Bisping now has one bad eye. If GSP can swell up the good eye, Bisping is in a world of hurt. That is how Ali came back to beat Frazier in their "Thrilla in Manila" trilogy fight. Frazier was ahead and in control, but Ali eventually got Frazier's good eye to swell up and then Frazier was basically defenseless since he could not see well enough to fight at that level.

Back