Bisping Sets New Record: No fighter in UFC history has suffered more knockdowns than Michael Bisping

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score

Bisping (30-9) has been knocked down four times in his last three fights, and even during his winning streak towards his title shot vs. Luke Rockhold, the 38-year-old was dropped by C.B. Dollaway and Anderson Silva. Incredibly, Gastelum is only the third person to finish Bisping via strikes. Bisping was memorably KO’d by Dan Henderson at UFC 100, then Vitor Belfort scored a second-round TKO with a head kick and punches in 2013.

As an aside, the three-week turnaround represents the quickest of Bisping’s career, and both fights ended with him going unconscious, once by submission and once by knockout.

Bisping (30-9) has been knocked down four times in his last three fights, and even during his winning streak towards his title shot vs. Luke Rockhold, the 38-year-old was dropped by C.B. Dollaway and Anderson Silva. Incredibly, Gastelum is only the third person to finish Bisping via strikes. Bisping was memorably KO’d by Dan Henderson at UFC 100, then Vitor Belfort scored a second-round TKO with a head kick and punches in 2013.

As an aside, the three-week turnaround represents the quickest of Bisping’s career, and both fights ended with him going unconscious, once by submission and once by knockout.

Has anyone had more fights ????

Do knockdown vs fight ratio and he won’t even be close

also no one has more UFC fights than Bisping.

Pretty good considering he's only lost via TKO/KO 3 times.

And his knockdowns are quite a f*cking thing to see.

*TRT Vitor kicking his eye out of his skull

*H-Bomb detonating off his jaw

*Anderson nearly decapitating him with a flying knee

*Fatselum twisting his head around like an owl

I don't think I've seen anyone take the type of shots he has, and still continue to want to fight.

He is one tough mo-fo with an unbreakable spirit, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Good.

It'll be hilarious when someone throws that back at him when he next starts talkin mad shit.

Hilarious.

Travis Browne will have that record in no time, provided he can still sign fight contracts in a year.

He didn't get knocked down by Akiyama but Akiyama sure did rung his fkin bell.

Hendo shattered that chin
He was never the same after that
Kang nearly stopped him a few months after that KO then so did Wanderlei
His recovery was good and his cardio was good, helped him if the other fighter blew out trying to finish him

Stupid head coach Parilo made it even worse by making focus solely on his boxing and not his kickboxing or wrestling which was good
Which isn't the best of gameplans when your fighter hasn't got the best of chins
I have no idea why he stopped wrestling when Bisping has pretty solid wrestling and that's how he used to win by mixing it up a lot
That gameplan against Gastleum was awful even though we only saw it for a bit
Same with Hendo 2

I'd love to see travis browne pump those numbers up a little bit, but then again i'd like to see him cut from the ufc aswell.

PqZdOWq1whVki0iXJb-6QBtOHbq4cXj6cOoPouUanDh71pHyaFYKWaIoHjnlXX6dkzwUNox1Ww=w533-h276-nc

His recovery was good and his cardio was good, helped him if the other fighter blew out trying to finish him

Stupid head coach Parilo made it even worse by making focus solely on his boxing and not his kickboxing or wrestling which was good
Which isn't the best of gameplans when your fighter hasn't got the best of chins
I have no idea why he stopped wrestling when Bisping has pretty solid wrestling and that's how he used to win by mixing it up a lot
Same with Hendo 2

This.

His last few fights he focused soley on his boxing despite not having particularly good boxing. Better than Rockhold's but he leaves himself wide open to counters.

Same with Hendo 2

I dont disagree that it would be good for him to mix his striking up with takedowns but when has he ever used it that way? I cant remember the last time he shot for a TD.

Back