Media Bisping & Smith say Chris Weidman should fight Sean Strickland next

Sean isn't fighting 3 rounders, he's a draw and a Co or Mainevent fighter at this point in time
Co-main events are typically 3 rounds.

I do think Strickland wins this, but he has a history of boring fights and isn’t the killer that his interviews and social-media posts make him out to be. Again, the idea of an unranked Weidman fighting any top guy is ridiculous, but if it were to happen, I don’t think it would be the blowout people seem to think it would.

Co-main events are typically 3 rounds.

I do think Strickland wins this, but he has a history of boring fights and isn’t the killer that his interviews and social-media posts make him out to be. Again, the idea of an unranked Weidman fighting any top guy is ridiculous, but if it were to happen, I don’t think it would be the blowout people seem to think it would.

Brad Tavares isn't a killer either and dominated him.

"CTE can only be diagnosed after death through brain tissue analysis."

I'm not saying that I'm more qualified than a doctor.

I'm just saying that sometimes there are easily identifiable indicators.

Good idea because it would tell us whether Chris Weidman is a real contender or not. If you think hes full of shit this would prove it if you think he isn't this would prove it.

Opposed to doing the Arlovski thing where they kept feeding him lower tier fighters for years getting an inflated ranking and then getting destroyed by a top fighter when hes in his 40s.

I agree

Also, I believe:
Tony should fight Arman
Shogun should come out of retirement and fight Jiri
Marlon Moraes should be signed by UFC again... put him against Volk

Sounds good. He deserves a proper beating after that last fight.

I mean, I reckon, Sean would be like a -200 to -250 favorite. Not that hard for Chris to grind out a 3 round decision.
I mean I think Sean probably wins, but within the elite of the division, I think Strickland has the best style for Weidman to beat.

And I agree that Weidman isn't doing anything significant, I do think Weidman can hold Strickland down, his control is much better than DDP. DDP is very much about, using explosive power to get you down and then beating your ass, he doesn't really try to hold you down.

I think Weidman's path to victory is some kind of nasty split or 29-28 at best. All the finishing equity is on Strickland, even though I think this fight goes the distance a lot.

Strickland starts slow, he's a pressure forward boxing guy which I think is good for Weidman's style, and Strickland isn't very explosive at all.
I swear to god we found Chris Weidman's Sherdog account.

Don't do it Chris, Sean will batter you.

this is all hendo's fault. It's amazing Bisping's head is even still on his body. Bad takes are to be expected

IMG_0177.gif

I still believe in teh Chris. he did have some bad luck in some of his loses. Some were shitty performances, I admit.
But the leg break was also a freak accident. It takes a lot of time to recover from it.

Back