BJ Penn moved up in Weight and beat the #1 P4P fighter

That’s the thing about Penn though. He wouldn’t be him if he fought safe and smart. He had this “I don’t give a fuck. I’ll fight anyone” attitude and he actually did do it. He wasn’t just all talk.
Ali´s infamous Dare2BeGreat...

BJ was a beast in his prime. If he fought with the same mentality as guys like DJ or GSP and never took risks with his career, he would have had one of the longest title runs ever at LW, but that wasn’t his style.

He also liked to eat lots of cheeseburgers and shit though

Penn was known for being a fatty

These other 2 division champs beat bums lol Big Tim? Bisping? little Eddie?

Even Hendo beat Wand when he was past his prime. He had lost to Hunt, Arona and almost got his headkicked off my Cro Cop just 5 months before the fight. Hendo beat damaged goods.

BJ beat prime Hughes ranked #1 p4p. During his prime, BJ was on another level compared to everyone else.
Just because what penn did was impressive does not denigrate the acconplishments of the others. Also Hughes avenged the loss,and penn never got the ww belt again.

BJ in his prime was special. He was one of the first fighters to have more than one strength in his arsenal(Boxing/JiuJitsu). His boxing in his prime was unreal. The milage eventually caught up with him taking so many fights against upperclassmen. But thats what everyone remembers him for. Never backing down from anyone and thus he lived by his motto JUST SCRAP

2gy5ah2.gif
5_medium.gif

PennHughes1.gif
bj-penn-gif-5.gif
giphy.gif

I'll just leave this here for those who seem to have forgotten about Matrix Penn
There was absolutely nothing matrix shown from BJ in any of those gifs

Conor's win was amazing but he beat a guy who is actually smaller than him.

Gsp's win over Bisping was good but doesn't compare
Being taller doesnt mean bigger

Take it from Wonderboy who trained with Alvarez for his fight against Conor. Alvarez was significantly bigger then Conor

http://www.punditarena.com/mma/vwhelan/startling-claim-eddie-alvarez/

“He’s a big dude man. I didn’t realize how big he was. We trained last night and he must be walking around like what–180? That’s only like, 5-pounds less than I am.”

Alvarez out weighed Conor on fight night by a large margin and had a significant bone density and muscular advantage over Conor. Conor dominated due to his superior skill and Bobby Fischer fight IQ

Impressive, you manage to turn a thread about BJ Penn into a Conor blow job.
I guess the "BJ" in BJ Penn got you confused...

https://i.imgur.com/VIhxlgE.png[/imh]

[Quote="Kvolcom"]These other 2 division champs beat bums lol Big Tim? Bisping? little Eddie? [/quote]

When OP himself ^^^ brings up Conor and makes the thread about 2 belt accomplishments, he opens up the discussion to that

OP was shitting on every one who has won 2 belts just to prop up BJ. But you won't say anything about that. Its obvious why. BJ fans still are the absolute worst.

Penn was lightning in his prime but also a guy with very low fight IQ. When his physical skills diminished nothing he had going for him was enough to help.

Another thing people don’t realize about BJ. He got thrown to the wolves. He fought (and destroyed) the #3 LW in the world in his 3rd MMA Fight. Think he fought for the title in his 4th or 5th fight ever. He had no amateur experience or prior stand-up experience.

Even Hendo beat Wand when he was past his prime. He had lost to Hunt, Arona and almost got his headkicked off my Cro Cop just 5 months before the fight. Hendo beat damaged goods.

BJ beat prime Hughes ranked #1 p4p. During his prime, BJ was on another level compared to everyone else.
BJ was a true warrior he didnt cut extreme weight and fight smaller people like these punks do now. He moved up in weight. Lightweights now make me want to puke cause they walk around at 180 to 190 pounds.
Small guys should fight at lightweight not guys bigger than Dana White.

I think the UFC should keep cm punk around and have BJ Penn go out on a win....cm punk vs bj Penn. The fight all the fans want to see.

Let's not get carried away with the "dat look in his eye"-colored glasses.

He also got robbed agaisnt Lyoto fucking Machida. Dude was a beast, only new fans don't understand how great he was in his prime.

Fat Machida who was less than two years and five fights into his career. I'm not saying it wasn't impressive for a lightweight but let's not pretend like Machida was even close to what he became later.

He also got robbed agaisnt Lyoto fucking Machida. Dude was a beast, only new fans don't understand how great he was in his prime.
At HW! Machida had to lay and pray to win that one.

giphy.gif

Back