black farmers were sold fake crop seeds to drive them into bankruptcy

You don't have to believe the accused, you know.

I believe I've noticed you adopt this sensibility in other matters...
Did you expect literally any other answer?

Ift they conducted an internal investigation and found the allegations were 100% true, what do you think they would have said?
It hasn't been proven the company purposefully switched the seeds in order to sell black farmers a subpar product, and no matter how far fetched it all sounds, people are already claiming racism without due process and a thorough investigation.

If it's found to be racism, it'll change my perspective a bit since this is 2018 and wouldn't have believed a large corporation was trying to "eradicate black farmers" in America

Last edited:
If the farmers really got ripped off by the company this is really pathetic.

I do find it hard to imagine the company would do it however, it would ruin their reputation.

I think people should wait for more news to come out before judging.

It hasn't been proven the company purposefully switched the seeds in order to sell black farmers a subpar product, and no matter how far fetched it all sounds, people are already claiming racism without due process and a thorough investigation.

If it is found to be racism, it'll change my perspective a bit though since this is 2018 and wouldn't have believed people were trying to weed out black farmers in America... even though I realize racism comes from all skin colors in all cultures

Or...... Follow close here......

They just got ripped off. Because thats a thing that happens. Alot.

Hopefully those that did that, will reap what they sow!

Bro they clearly don't know how to farm....I mean they are coming up with 5, 6, 7 bushels of soybeans while whites are coming up with 60 - 100.

This is capatalism at its finest....Only the best survive!

MAGA!

What we need is less regulations that get in the way of businesses making profits. That way the market can sort all of this out.

For me the reason it seems far fetched isn't that there aren't people shitty enough to do it. The issue for me is that it seems odd that anyone selling seeds would be stupid enough to think they wouldn't get caught. They would have known how easy it is to test this stuff right?

I don't believe anyone thinks this was the companies idea, (despite people skillfully shooting down that silly idea).

This would have been at point of delivery or sale. Some individual or small group were swapping grain so they could sell the proper stuff and pocket the difference.

My bet is they felt less bad about ripping off black farmers, thus established a pattern and thus we are discussing it now.

This do not sound like racism, probably they bought from a hack "distributor" that sold at a much lower price and they never figured the reason. It has nothing to do with the seed co.

Lawyer is just playing the race card and its disgusting.

Or...... Follow close here......

They just got ripped off. Because thats a thing that happens. Alot.
President of Black Farmers and Agriculturalists Association is claiming the company deliberately targeted them because they're black and the seeds are being used by the company to annihilate the remaining black farmers.

He's claiming banks, distributors and large corporations are discriminating to eradicate the remaining black farmers. That's what I meant by far fetched.

False accusations also happen a lot.

If they did in fact get shit seeds, I'm going to assume it was a mistake until proven otherwise.

I am puzzled as to why their insurance company isn't the one sueing. I would have a hard time believing they didn't purchase crop insurance. Am I to beleive that a $1 million+ operation doesn't insure its crop?

I am also puzzled why they are sueing Stine instead of the seed distributor. If this were all true, how would Stine know who were sold each bag of seed by the distributor. They could be making subpar product but they would be unable to selectively distrubute the product to certain customers. Any demonstration or arguement of selective distribution points the finger at the distributor. The only thing Stine has over the distributor is deeper pockets

Last edited:
I can believe the scam. The racism seems like a reach though. Were there white farmers who were sold real seeds from these guys?

I'm sort of leaning the other way on this. It isnt surprising to me that there are some racist farmers that try to keep black people out of their indusry, but sorting or making less productive millions of dollars of seeds to do so is pretty insane unless the method of doing that is easier than i imagine. A lot of farming is automated now, so that is a possibility.

Edit: maybe they are collecting seeds from some hybrid that makes crappy seeds?

Last edited:
This article made me think.

The replaced seeds were not certified Stine seeds so how subpar or different are they? I am assuming the specific type of seeds will need to be combined with a preferred range of chemical products for optimal results. If the seeds are simply different but not subpar then I am guessing it will affect the output (probably drastically). This was done by the distributor so maybe this person thought it wouln't be that drastic of a difference in yield and simply fucked up bad and got caught.

This leads to the question of what were the motives of the distributor? Was it simply just a racist who targeted black farmers or he thought they were easy marks (which is technically racist based) and made the substitution. Was he involved in a 3rd party scheme to cripple local black farmers and steal their farms or was he just trying to make a quick buck?

It would be stupid if his aim was to completely cripple their yield suddenly so it leads me to believe he fucked up with his substitution.

Definitely sounds fishy . . . the distributor must have an ulterior motive for screwing over these farmers.

Reminds me of what various banks are doing with those in the firearms business now by refusing to process credit card payments, etc.

Anyone heard from Farmer Brown, I know he was in the seed selling business.

Back