Locked BLACK PANTHER Thread V.2 (First Critics' Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
4tNldlv.gif

I mean is anybody surprised?

I could have told you this movie was going to get this reaction the second it was announced

Its the best movie ever obviously and I cant wait to see it

This REALLY makes me hope that Thanos wrecks Wakanda.

“Black panther is the best MCU movie ever... I’m not even being biased” - Geeks of Color

<puh-lease75>

The only reason I'm not immediately dismissing all of these hysterical tweets as hyperbolic shilling is Ryan Coogler.

“Black panther is the best MCU movie ever... I’m not even being biased” - Geeks of Color

<puh-lease75>

I'll be shocked if its better than Guardians but I hope its at least better than Dr Strange

I'll be shocked if its better than Guardians but I hope its at least better than Dr Strange

I liked Doctor Strange when I saw it, and the wife in particular really enjoyed it, but on reflection I’d consider it one of their weaker entries.

I am tired of superhero movies. Will watch on blu ray if it still has above 7 on IMDB when blu ray comes out. For those who would like to cry racism - haven't watched Thor 3 yet for the same reason and probably will wait on Infinity war as well.

Has there ever been a Disney Marvel film that didn't recieve 'overwhelmingly positive' reactions from critics-only viewings just days before a world-wide release?

Can't recall a single one that all critics said 'this movie is complete shit, don't waste your time and money, don't fall for the tens-of-millions marketing budget trying to trick you into see it.'

I liked Doctor Strange when I saw it, and the wife in particular really enjoyed it, but on reflection I’d consider it one of their weaker entries.

I still like Dr. S, they really nailed it with the performances and Tilda is simply amazing I wanted more with her, I could get a movie just with her story and be happy.

<DisgustingHHH>

I didn't trust these generic twitter movie critics since Starwars Last Jedi. I will wait for the handful of people who actually stood their ground and gave us their honest opinions.

The only reason I'm not immediately dismissing all of these hysterical tweets as hyperbolic shilling is Ryan Coogler.

It looks like they let Coolger do his thing which is good, because I liked Creed and Fruitvale Station a lot so I'm looking forward to him knowing how to Direct Jordan and also a talented cast over all. Andy Serkis and Chadwick Boseman are already great to begin with. I'm not going to lie though these early reactions are a bit cringey.

Will wait for @Dragonlordxxxxx ’s review. Like many I was concerned about him potentially being a Disney shill, but he opened up a can whoop-honesty on that fucking turd of a film, The Last Jedi, confirming he has integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back