Social Black social worker facilitating White child parental visit is accused of kidnapping

I explained this wrong and I'm sorry for that.

The Police could've verified her documents and allowed her to continue travel. Now, the job creator is getting sued and that will cost people jobs. There was a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it. They chose the wrong way and now someone's gotta pay.

I still don't understand this as it wasn't necessary to alert the police as someone with some kind of authority verified the credentials of this woman and she was back on the plane 45 minutes later. What do you think the police could have done better and for what purpose should they have been called? I just don't see how escalating the issue up another level when it's not necessary is "the right way."

Again, I'd be cool with the airline offering up some free flights or upgrades, but false imprisonment? Talk about trumped up bullshit charges. This just feels like it's being escalated above and beyond any reasonable need for satisfaction.

I still don't understand this as it wasn't necessary to alert the police as someone with some kind of authority verified the credentials of this woman and she was back on the plane 45 minutes later. What do you think the police could have done better and for what purpose should they have been called? I just don't see how escalating the issue up another level when it's not necessary is "the right way."

Again, I'd be cool with the airline offering up some free flights or upgrades, but false imprisonment? Talk about trumped up bullshit charges. This just feels like it's being escalated above and beyond any reasonable need for satisfaction.

Insert MF he’s right ya know MeMe

This happened back in October of 2019.

- Shannon Murphy, a social worker for Riverside county California had taken a 1 year old White child to visit his father in Arkansas. The child's mother lives in California. Court ordered parental visitation rights.

- For her flight back to Ontario Airport in California, she was transiting through Dallas Fort Worth Airport.

- She was flying American Airlines. She was inside the aircraft with the child when a passenger told crew members she (Shannon Murphy) was kidnapping the child.

While on the plane, another passenger told the flight attendant that Murphy had kidnapped the child, according to the lawsuit.

Airline workers told Murphy to get off the plane or “physical force would be used to make [her] comply,” according to the lawsuit.

- The Crew pull the social worker off the plane and seperate her from the 1 year old boy.

- Before she was pulled off the plane, she explained to the crew she was a social worker and tried showing her State I.D. and documentation showing the Court order for parental visitation rights and the child's birth certificate. But according to the article the crew didn't bother to look at it, instead they just pulled her off the flight.

Murphy said she had paperwork with her, including her work ID, the child's birth certificate, and a signed copy of the court order for the trip. She tried to show it to the airline employees on the plane, but they insisted she come with them, she said. They eventually checked the paperwork and said there had been a mistake, according to Murphy.

-
About 40 mins later, the Airport said there was a mistake and let get back on the flight with the kid. She apologized to the other passengers for the delay. Other passengers expressed their support for her.

- One of the AA flight attendants said she was with the company for 21 years and never seen anything like this. She apologized to the social worker.

- Social worker is suing AA for Civil Rights violations and false imprisonement. According to the lawsuit, there was a kidnapping in NYC but the child in that case was a 5 year old Hispanic with black hair. This child was 1 year old, had fair skin , blonde hair and blue eyes.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article244299222.html

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/national/article244299222.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/black-social-worker-suing-american-193343442.html

---------

There was a case in 2018 where a woman called the police on a Black guy babysitting / transporting the kids of his White friends. He was pulled over by cops .

It seems some people think anytime the race of the kids and parents does not match up, it is perfectly fine to accuse or suspect the adult of kidnapping. When people see an adult accompanying kids of a different race, the adult is assumed to be unrelated, so some think he/she is kidnapping. Ofcourse adults accompany unrelated kids all the time, but when the races are the same everyone assumes they are related. Either make it a law that all visibly unrelated adult-child groups need to prove they are not kidnapping or stop harassing people with no evidence / proof. These folks, like the passenger on the plane who accused the social worker of kidnapping, need to be charged.
So now she kinda knows how it feels when social services overreact when called in by a third party..

Good lesson learned hopefully

People were just looking out for your kid. Honestly, you should be grateful. They would have done the same thing if some guy was abducting your kid.

Honestly I'd be happy to know the people at my kid's school were watching out for her in that situation

I get you, and feel the same way at times, but there were those instances where it was very obvious what was going on. School faculty don't apologize for much too often and felt compelled to do so on a couple occasions.

Is what it is, like I said she damn near grown now, horror show bout over.

No one was hurt, so who cares?

The woman was hurt, obviously.

However, if we're going to be talking about bias towards blacks, there are real systemic issues like in policing, sentencing, red lining, and ignorant prejudices in the medical profession that hurt a lot of black people in America.

Back