Crime Tennessee Teacher Accused of Sexually Assaulting and Stalking 12-year-old May Have Harmed Nearly 2 Dozen Other Minors

Before the late 90s, it just wasn't as taboo. But that was also coming off an era in which girls got married a lot younger too. You had girls getting married at 16, 17, 18, depending on where they lived. So sex at 14, 15 with older guys wasn't as weird because those guys might marry said girl.

In the modern era, marriage isn't happening as young. The average age of marriage for girls has moved from 20 to 26. So, our perception of when it's appropriate for girls to enter sexual relationships with mature partners has shifted older as well.
These days if you're over 25 and date a girl who se 18-19 that's seen as inappropriate. I do get it, feels like as we expect young folks to invest in their education into their late teens and early to mid 20s in a way we didn't even just a few decades ago there's a sort of infantilization that accompanies it. A 19 yr old at the turn of the 20th century could very well be someone who was in the workforce for a few years and on the road to marriage, today they are still full time students and would not be expected to marry for another half decade at least.

Inb4 all the morons who claim it’s no big deal, because they wanted to bang their teachers in school .
Moron checking in.
giphy.gif

Look at the rap industry. Look at predator lists and registered sex offenders. When I searched for statutory rape statistics, they simply weren’t there. But I found some cultural articles discussing r kelly and similar situations and the pressures facing black girls who are raped not to turn in their black abuser.

http://www.rolereboot.org/culture-a...abuse-code-silence-black-community/index.html

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/we-must-examine-rapist-culture
Wait, are you asking me to look at the rap industry and R. Kelly as a stand in for modern black street culture and the sexual experiences of young black girls?

Wow. I know that people really have no idea what goes on in black America but I didn't anticipate something so absurd.

Screw statistics which show that the rate of exposure to sexual harm before 18 is pretty much the same in white, black and Hispanic communities. Asians being decidedly less. Let's look at rappers and R. Kelly.

Meanwhile:
Elvis, Ted Nugent, Steven Tyler, Jerry Lee Lewis, Jerry Seinfeld, Chad Michael Murray, Joel Madden, etc.

Retiring really hasn't been good for you if you're now claiming that rapping and R. Kelly are a good window in black street culture. Are you going to tell me that rockers and country music singers are good window in white rural life? Holy shit.

Wait, are you asking me to look at the rap industry and R. Kelly as a stand in for modern black street culture and the sexual experiences of young black girls?

Wow. I know that people really have no idea what goes on in black America but I didn't anticipate something so absurd.

Screw statistics which show that the rate of exposure to sexual harm before 18 is pretty much the same in white, black and Hispanic communities. Asians being decidedly less. Let's look at rappers and R. Kelly.

Meanwhile:
Elvis, Ted Nugent, Steven Tyler, Jerry Lee Lewis, Jerry Seinfeld, Chad Michael Murray, Joel Madden, etc.

Retiring really hasn't been good for you if you're now claiming that rapping and R. Kelly are a good window in black street culture. Are you going to tell me that rockers and country music singers are good window in white rural life? Holy shit.

And the articles I posted? The one that says that 60% of black girls who are sexually assaulted are victims of black men. I wish I could find the article that I used in one of my masters papers about sexual assault/abuse that focused on the different kinds. The article discussed this issue and posited that black girls hit puberty at a younger age and become targets of men grooming them for sexual abuse. Not the violent type of rape, but sex with underaged girls. I worked in a adolescent psych hospital for two years before I became a cop and the teenage female ward girls would always talk about how many bloods/crips they slept with and all bragged about how many older men they had been with. It’s a street culture thing imo. I am not saying all black men are some sort of predator, but the street culture seems to live their young girls

And the articles I posted? The one that says that 60% of black girls who are sexually assaulted are victims of black men. I wish I could find the article that I used in one of my masters papers about sexual assault/abuse that focused on the different kinds. The article discussed this issue and posited that black girls hit puberty at a younger age and become targets of men grooming them for sexual abuse. Not the violent type of rape, but sex with underaged girls. I worked in a adolescent psych hospital for two years before I became a cop and the teenage female ward girls would always talk about how many bloods/crips they slept with and all bragged about how many older men they had been with. It’s a street culture thing imo. I am not saying all black men are some sort of predator, but the street culture seems to live their young girls
Huh??? Don't you think it's extremely likely that people are going to be sexually assaulted by the same race of people they live around? It would be sort of weird if that WASN'T the case.

Huh??? Don't you think it's extremely likely that people are going to be sexually assaulted by the same race of people they live around? It would be sort of weird if that WASN'T the case.

Most serious crimes-rapes, murders, shootings-happen intra-racial. Assaults and batteries are mixed, but mostly go one way in big cities. All I am saying is that in street culture, men in the 20s n 30s will pretty much fuck anything over the age of 12.

Most serious crimes-rapes, murders, shootings-happen intra-racial. Assaults and batteries are mixed, but mostly go one way in big cities. All I am saying is that in street culture, men in the 20s n 30s will pretty much fuck anything over the age of 12.
And you think that street culture is limited to blacks? Because it most definitely isn't. I also feel like you're not taking into account that blacks are more likely to live in segregated communities than other races. If you live in a neighborhood where nearly everyone is black and you get assaulted, well yeah the perpetrator is probably going to be black.

And you think that street culture is limited to blacks? Because it most definitely isn't. I also feel like you're not taking into account that blacks are more likely to live in segregated communities than other races. If you live in a neighborhood where nearly everyone is black and you get assaulted, well yeah the perpetrator is probably going to be black.

I get that. But I am saying street culture in general but I saw it mostly with black people and when the sex offender registry for the state would be sent to us, there were always a shit ton of 20-30 yr old males on the list for stat rape and it would list the victim age and they were usually 12-15(16 is age of consent in my state).

Back