Bob (Mueller)'s 13 Russian Burgers: Russia Investigation v.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you drunk? You sound drunk.

Why were the indictments announced, in terms of punishment towards Russia?

C'mon now. You sounded so confident when you said it. Almost like you believed these Russians were going to be punished...

Well then, you should totally declare war, and drop some bombs on them.

Facebook ads are serious business.
Man you're simple, YES they should drop the sanctions on Russia like what 95% of congress voted for, but naturally Trump wont implement...because?

The Facebook ads worked on you, I have seen you spout numerous conspiracy theories they were pushing. So yeah, apparently it is serious.

200w.gif

Mod note: last thread got a bit off topic. Please post in here with regards to the subject at hand. Any general chat can go in the WR OT thread.

Update of the day:

Robert Mueller indicted 13 Russian nationals on charges of conspiracy to defraud the United States, wire fraud, bank fraud, and identity theft, in connection with their interference in national elections. One of the operations ran to a cost of more than 73 million rubles (1.25 million USD) per month. Full text: https://www.politico.com/story/2018...er-indictment-on-russian-election-case-415670

A US citizen also pleaded guilty to knowingly aiding them.
https://www.justice.gov/file/1035547/download

burger_king_01.jpg

Major events so far:
  • Manafort, Trump's campaign manager and transition committee member, indicted with Gates, a Trump staffer, on eleven counts arising from misconduct reaching into 2017 related to payments received through 2014 from the pro-russia faction of Ukraine's pre-war government. They have pleaded not guilty.
  • Although Manafort is heading to trial, Gates is engaged in negotiations.
  • George Papadopolous pleaded guilty to lying to federal investigators in 2017 about activities occuring 2016-17. Admits to meeting with various Russian officials regarding setting up meetings and "dirt" on Hillary while acting on behalf of the Trump campaign, something he previously denied.
  • Mike Flynn, Trump's National Security Advisor, has also pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI with respect to several meetings that he had with the Russian ambassador. Flynn was allegedly involved in other business involving Turkey, but has not yet been charged with respect to that behavior.
  • Steve Bannon was interviewed for roughly 20 hours by Mueller's team. Bannon has refused to answer congressional inquiries
  • Sessions was privately interviewed by Mueller's team. Sessions is currently head of the DoJ.
  • 13 Russian indictment for activity starting in 2014 and continuing through 2017. US citizen pleaded guilty for agreeing to help them.

Dumb Talking Points:

The office of special counsel is a separate section. The FBI has literally thousands of employees and lots of different offices and departments.

No. He said there was nothing about that in the indictment. There has already been a guilty plea with respect to at least one American outside of the Trump campaign, and at least one trump campaign staffer admitted to meeting with representatives of the russian government in his guilty plea and information, and lying about it.

"Now, there is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity. There is no allegation in the indictment that the charged conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election."

Wrong. Read the indictment.

Previous thread
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/from-mueller-with-love-russia-investigation-v-12.3699745/
I can guarantee that if the tables were turned and this had to do with a Hillary victory? The Trumpanzees would be jumping out of their assholes. We need a decent leader. Trump and Hillary are the best they could come up with? You know this country and the two parties of greed are fucked up when these are the best two they could nominate. This country is one big toilet and we are mid swirl following a giant turd down the poo chute.

Why were the indictments announced, in terms of punishment towards Russia?

C'mon now. You sounded so confident when you said it. Almost like you believed these Russians were going to be punished...
As long as Donny is in charge, the Russians will never get punished.

No.

Bombs.

They clearly committed the most serious of offenses, in attempting to interfere in America's most sacred elections...by posting some memes.
It's amazing how canadian you are, and how invested in American politiks you are.

If Russia cut off your maple syrup supply, you would be devastated.

It's amazing how canadian you are, and how invested in American politiks you are.

Shit post. Shit poster.

They'd still have hockey and Molson ice at least.

LOL.

Yeah, I'm sure those Russians are just going to catch the first plane over to America to face the music.

"Your punishment is, you must stay in Russia."

Whoa! A little hard on 'em there, Mueller.

Let me guess, you thought these folks were actually going to be prosecuted, right? Oooooh', indictments!
Scary! ROFL.

You get that piece of it. Now, why then do you think Rosenstein held a big press conference to announce these indictements, because he is stupid, or do you think that he and Mueller were making a larger political statement? Or you can just claim it is all a big conspiracy and I will know that you are just a mental patient whom I need to be more delicate with.

You get that piece of it. Now, why then do you think Rosenstein held a big press conference to announce these indictements, because he is stupid, or do you think that he and Mueller were making a larger political statement? Or you can just claim it is all a big conspiracy and I will know that you are just a mental patient whom I need to be more delicate with.

Well, in keeping with the conspiracy theme, it might've had something to do with the FBI dropping the ball in Florida.

"Uhh, hey look over there! Russia!"

But seriously, you tell me. What was the big "statement" that was made?

Well, in keeping with the conspiracy theme, it might've had something to do with the FBI dropping the ball in Florida.

"Uhh, hey look over there! Russia!"

But seriously, you tell me. What was the big "statement" that was made?

You really think the deputy AG went on national television to talk about Russian indictments from the special counsel's (not the FBI's) investigation as a distraction to the school shooting in Florida? That is fully batshit. Or, perhaps you are the one being told to "look over there" as a distraction from the Russia thing, and you are just being a dumbass again.

Now to answer your question, it was for Rosenstein's job security and for Mueller's job security as special counsel and for the Russia investigation itself so that congressional republicans can comfortably stand up for the Russian investigation, as there are demonstrable crimes that have been made public. Can you grasp that? They didn't do this for the 4 people in the Trump campaign who were indicted.

Trump has been trying to pretend that Russian meddling didn't happen, calling it a hoax/witch hunt/excuse by the dems for losing, etc., not holding a single national security meeting about Russian interference, not imposing the sanctions that were voted on 98-2, trying to get Sessions to resign so he could put somebody in who would control Rosenstein and Mueller, and trying to do everything in his power to derail the investigation. Now, Trump has lost any high ground that he had, and the republicans who wanted to stand up to support Mueller and Rosenstein but were afraid of Trump's base, can now do so.

Now the next question, why do you think Trump continues to defend himself and is trying to get his supporters like you to think that this is the end of everything Russia (which I hope you have finally realized that it isn't) rather than speaking out against the crimes the Russians have been indicted for? Seems odd that he didn't mention that, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back