News Boxing set to be axed from the 2028 olympics

In order to stay with the times, out with boxing and in with...

sorry, can't even imagine & don't wanna guess.

Aug-21-Drag-Queen-Bingo-Web-banner-CSC-v3.jpg

The sport of boxing has been placed "on hold" for the 2028 Olympic Games in Los Angeles, according to the International Olympic Committee [IOC].

Just last week, IOC president Thomas Bach, told reporters that he wanted boxing to remain in the Olympics.

"We want boxing on the program. We have no problem, with boxing or boxers -- we have a problem with the governing body," Bach said to AFP.

Back in June, the International Boxing Association [IBA] - which oversaw amateur boxing in the Olympics - lost their recognition by the IOC's executive board. There were concerns over the IBA's officiating at events, their finances and governance.

Because the IBA is still on the shelf, and no other governing body has been recognized for Olympic boxing, the sport has been placed on hold, for the moment, when it comes to the 2028 Games.

---

Exactly as i said in my earlier post. People who don't understand the process should stop blaming the IOC.

What's so terrible about the IBA?

"First in 2024 we'll get rid of baseball and replace it with breakdancing. Then we'll bring baseball back in 2028 and toss out boxing. Then in 2032 it's just sack races all the way down."

On the bright side, cricket is coming to the Olympics

What's so terrible about the IBA?
Plenty. Enough to where they're calling themselves the IBA now. They were known as AIBA prior. Why the rebrand? Their image has everything to do with it. They've been plagued by corruption and governance issues. At one point they were millions of dollars in debt. As a result the IOC kicked them out and they've never had to kick any member organization out in their long history.

Truth be told, I feel like they've been "hiding" it for lack of a better way of putting it for some time, now. I've had trouble finding any coverage the during the last couple Olympic broadcast sessions. I used to be able to record it or whatever even if at odd hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back