News Boxing set to be axed from the 2028 olympics

In sports like gymnastics, wrestling, track & field, and swimming...yes.

In sports like basketball, boxing, soccer, tennis, etc, I'd say most kids would rather be an NBA champ, WBC/WBA/IBF champ, World Cup champ, or Wimbledon champ
Respectfully disagree. I’ve got a handful of kids on my boxing team who dream of being Olympian’s

What does that have do with it being a legit Olympic event?
Whether you consider it legit or not is a matter of opinion. Most people on the planet can't name a single table tennis (ping-pong) champion. It's a global sport but its popularity is limited to select regions.

Whether you consider it legit or not is a matter of opinion. Most people on the planet can't name a single table tennis (ping-pong) champion. It's a global sport but its popularity is limited to select regions.

Most people in the world can't name any Olympic Gold medalist in general. What are you even arguing right now?

More people in the world could name a table tennis champion than the javelin gold medalist but that has nothing to do with anything.

We are talking about the legitimacy of the sport and table tennis has been Olympic material for decades now. It requires extreme amounts of athleticism.

Most people in the world can't name any Olympic Gold medalist in general. What are you even arguing right now?

More people in the world could name a table tennis champion than the javelin gold medalist but that has nothing to do with anything.

We are talking about the legitimacy of the sport and table tennis has been Olympic material for decades now. It requires extreme amounts of athleticism.
Sure they can. Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt, Bruce (now Caitlyn) Jenner, etc. How about Michael Jordan and Lebron James? Both won Olympic gold in basketball. It's legitimate in the sense that table tennis competitions at the Olympics pit the best against the best. However, again, it never reached international mainstream popularity like boxing and many other sports. Boxing has produced sports icons like Ali, baseball has, basketball, but table tennis hasn't had that type of impact. Not even remotely. Table tennis requires a high degree of hand-eye coordination but that's it. It's not a conventional athletic sport.

Does anybody even watch olympic boxing these days? I havent for many years. it just sucks.

Does anybody even watch olympic boxing these days? I havent for many years. it just sucks.
Of course. Talent scouts looking to recruit the top talent into the pros would be watching Olympic boxing very closely. They have a vested interest in it.

Is BMX still am Olympic event? Lmfao. Might as well put in pickleball while you're at it

Table tennis requires a high degree of hand-eye coordination but that's it. It's not a conventional athletic sport.

lol you seem clueless

table tennis requires more cardio than football and that’s the American sport

most table tennis players would have better mobility as well

you seem completely unaware tbh

lol you seem clueless

table tennis requires more cardio than football and that’s the American sport

most table tennis players would have better mobility as well

you seem completely unaware tbh
You seem butthurt that I don't think your favorite sport is worth much. No, table tennis doesn't require that much stamina or that kind of mobility. It's ping-pong, pal. Either you're really ignorant or you're just trolling.

You seem butthurt that I don't think your favorite sport is worth much. No, table tennis doesn't require that much stamina or that kind of mobility. It's ping-pong, pal. Either you're really ignorant or you're just trolling.

you seem completely ignorant lol

It isn’t my favourite sport but I always laugh at Americans who are completely ignorant of other sports.

most table tennis pros train 6 hours a day 6 hours a week with 40 percent of that being foot work

it requires the same type of coordination and agility as boxers

you seem completely ignorant lol

It isn’t my favourite sport but I always laugh at Americans who are completely ignorant of other sports.

most table tennis pros train 6 hours a day 6 hours a week with 40 percent of that being foot work

it requires the same type of coordination and agility as boxers
Let me go ahead and end this sheer ridiculousness of yours. Years back ESPN put together a whole panel of respected sports scientists that analyzed dozens of different sports. They then rated their respective degree of difficulty. Table tennis ranked at the bottom—#47 out of 60. It should come as no shock to anybody.

https://www.espn.com/espn/page2/sportSkills

First they try to get wrestling, and now boxing?

is.jpg

This is a venue for athletic excellence and competition in its purest form. Boxing--one of the original Athenian sports--is now making way for skateboarding, table tennis, golf and the ever-popular flag-football. Perhaps a sign of the times.

Have you seen horse-dancing (dressage) ?
Peak human performance.

<DCWhoa>

They have shit like race walking and boxing is getting the axe?

afdb8ac7bac1ebe59b339bd70cf69bda.gif

Could it be (I hope not) that they want to get rid of boxing because it is too, well, how can I put it, VIOLENT?

Could it be (I hope not) that they want to get rid of boxing because it is too, well, how can I put it, VIOLENT?

No. It's because the IBA is corrupt and the IOC wants them out of the Olympics.

Nothing to do with violence.

No. It's because the IBA is corrupt and the IOC wants them out of the Olympics.

Nothing to do with violence.
Thanks. Could you provide a capsule summary of IBA corruption?

Back