News BREAKING: Conor vs Cowboy (Official Mega Discussion)

Conor vs. Cowboy

• Total voters
I'm a Khabib fan but Conor murked both Holloway and Aldo at the same time. At LW he literally beat the shit out of a potential LW goat while his hands were behind his back and at WW he beat the recent BMF contender #6 tanked WW contender.

Let's not act like Conor is some kind of bum.
Unfortunately for Conor that's not how legacies work. His resume at FW is dogshit compared to theirs.

Objective methodologies reveal the deeper truth. Conor isn't even a Top 5 all-time FW by the numbers:
http://www.fightmatrix.com/all-time-mma-rankings/all-time-featherweight/

Also, spare me the bragging about beating a young, green Max. If Conor could somehow miraculously get himself down to FW, again, today, Max would starch the living bejeesus out of him.

I'm a Khabib fan but Conor murked both Holloway and Aldo at the same time. At LW he literally beat the shit out of a potential LW goat while his hands were behind his back and at WW he beat the recent BMF contender #6 tanked WW contender.

Let's not act like Conor is some kind of bum.
Potential LW GOAT?

Who exactly are you talking? Please don't tell me Alvarez.

I can already see the dumb Conor fans crawling out of the woodworks.

agreed. Conor knows this is only name that casuals would respect and he would likely beat.

Connor is going to knock cerrone's head to his ass. But then if he tries to go fight in the shark tank at LW or some of the monsters at WW he's going to have a very bad time.

Paycheck Cowboy will lose and they'll embrace after the decision

It's only business

Conor is in his physical bottom. The coke and the STDS have messed him up for good. 14 year old Conny had a better chance than the current one to beat any non-bums in the octagon.

Why not just go for that directly? Jorge wouldn't mind free money.
Probably a bigger fight if you can convince people that McGregor is 'back', that fight is bigger with McGregor coming off a big name win vs McGregor coming off the khabib loss

Personality wise I hated conor and I cheered for Khabib/Aldo/Eddie to beat him.
But man is his striking clean and at FW he was a monster. He's gonna murk cowboy round 1.

Last 10 wins

Al Iaquinta
Alexander Hernandez
Mike Perry
Yancy Mediros
Matt Brown
Patrick Cote
Rick Story
Alex Oliviera
John Makdessi
Benson Henderson

Losses during that time

Justin Gaethje
Tony Ferguson
Leon Edwards
Darren Till
Robbie Lawler
Jorge Masvidal
Rafael Dos Anjos

TUF 10 peaked at 7.5 million viewers. No other TUF did more than 1 million viewers. No PPV up to that point had ever had 7.5 million viewers. Kimbo Slice was the most popular fighter in the UFC during that time span, and it's not debatable. All the numbers point to it.
That time span is like one episode? Would you consider CM punk to be one of the most popular mma fighters of all time? They estimated he brought in around 225,000 ppv buys himself, and that's just a little under the 50% of total buys on 203. I am not talking about pre-UFC famous celebrities that millions of people know before they walk into the sport. Kimbo was a freak show, hate him or love him Conor McGregor was a two division champion. It's just not the same thing.

not to mention we are comparing people buying a $60 dollar PPV to turning on cable channel.

Cowboy isnt a contender right now, a w for conor isnt that big of a deal
True, but once people kind of forget about the stupid shit he pulled outside of the ring and gets the W, you can bet on half of all the Conor ‘haters’ on this forum doing a 180 as it will no longer be fashionable

Winnable fight for both guys.

Everyone is calling it a red panty night for Cerrone, but we have no idea if he's going to get paid substantially better. He agrees to every fight and Conor grants a lot of exposure, I don't necessarily think Cowboy negotiated for PPV points.

Its a fun matchup and I can see either guy winning. Cowboy is one of the handful of top 10 ranked guys that Conor matches up well with and will absolutely oblige a striking fight.

Last 10 wins

Al Iaquinta
Alexander Hernandez
Mike Perry
Yancy Mediros
Matt Brown
Patrick Cote
Rick Story
Alex Oliviera
John Makdessi
Benson Henderson

Losses during that time

Justin Gaethje
Tony Ferguson
Leon Edwards
Darren Till
Robbie Lawler
Jorge Masvidal
Rafael Dos Anjos
UFC is turning into what it always hated about Boxing. Now we officially entered a new era where fighters are allowed to pick favorable stylistic match ups to rack up some wins.

Weaksauce. Conor accepting his has-been status.

The guy has fought everybody who is anybody across two weight classes.

He might be in the twilight of his career but you have to put some Hespect on that name.

I'm not too interested in watching a washed-up fighter on a losing streak against a semi-retired twitter celebrity.

Fuck McGregor haha
I had given up and now I'm hyped as fuck. Hope the fight delivers. And the build up too. My favorite McGregor was with Faber and he got along well with him. Since he's not hostile with Cowboy, it might be just as fun.

I feel Conor starches him, but Cowboy might actually have a shot. Idk.

Al is a great win. Otherwise, yeah.

Back