News BREAKING: Conor vs Cowboy (Official Mega Discussion)

Conor vs. Cowboy

• Total voters
free win for conor but if cowboy wins conor can retire

A win against Cowboy cements Conors place as one of the GOATS
Lol ok. A win against a perennial gate keeper that has ALWAYS wilted in big fights will cement his "legacy". Keep drinking that koolaid

I like how Conor has nothing to gain in this fight (except for the payday). Even if he KO's Cerrone in a minute ppl will go meh.
Big difference between sherbros and the public in general

Losses during that time

Justin Gaethje
Tony Ferguson
Leon Edwards
Darren Till
Robbie Lawler
Jorge Masvidal
Rafael Dos Anjos
If I thought Conor could beat a single one of those fighters I might take pause.

He couldn't, so I don't.

Can someone explain the reasoning behind doing this at WW? Cowboy has been fighting at LW and Conor is a natural LW. Plus his goal is to fight Khabib/Tony. Do they just not want to cut weight or what?

I think he may be testing the waters again for a Diaz rematch or Masvidal.

I'm a big Conor fan, and I must say that I'm pretty underwhelmed with this one. Just can't figure out the angle, unless it's to set up a potential fight with Masvidal, I suppose. Not sure how Conor figures extra weight will help his already suspect cardio, I thought he was his best at 145. He started putting on extra muscle around the shoulders and I think it had a serious impact, he's become less fluid, and more flat footed.

Glass body joe is tailor made for Conjob. Pathetic attempt by the UFC to try and make him a contender again.

Bendo is probably the best fighter on the wins list and I think the only reason Cowboy won that was Benson had already used up all his judging luck in his title reign

Always respect to Cowboy for taking on any killer at 155 and 170 but yeah, he's not beating those guys anymore

I don't hate this as a comeback test to see where Conor is at. He should win this. If he doesn't I think we can go ahead and write him off as a top level fighter once and for all

Why the hate for Mcgregor fighting Cowboy? Forget that Ferguson just did and you can't get off his nuts for a fight vs Khabib...

Also, all you guys do is cry about all the Mcgregor threads, now some crying about just having one Mega discussion so the forum isn't overrun by them.

Enjoy your turkey!!!

{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

Oh well I guess he wants as near a guaranteed win but still generate a little interest as he can

Can someone explain the reasoning behind doing this at WW? Cowboy has been fighting at LW and Conor is a natural LW. Plus his goal is to fight Khabib/Tony. Do they just not want to cut weight or what?

EIther way, good matchup. Cowboy is the biggest name at LW that Conor is likely to beat (I think he’d be an underdog vs Gaethje or Dustin at this point, even Max). It’s a good comeback fight for him. Meanwhile Cowboy gets a much deserved payday. Sure, we would prefer Justin or Dustin, but I think that’s too dangerous for Conor coming off a lay-off. It was very unlikely to happen, given his leverage.
If it's at LW, then he has to fight another top LW ie. Gaedje, Poirier, Fielder, Barbosa or even Kevin Lee. The very mention of Gaedje just puts the fear God into the whole of SBG.(who has now called him out dozens of times). In fact all of the top ten at LW can beat Mctapper. He dosn't want to have anything to do with Poirier who has become a knock-out artist at LW.

Plus getting back in the ring gets his head focused away from beating old men, raping women. If he fights at WW he can see how his strength gages at the heavier weight class. If he loses to Cerrone (which I'm sure is going to happen, Cerrone will be ready for this) he'll say the following excuse 'Oh I was fighting way out of my weight class'. If he wins, he knows he'd analy raped by the likes of Kamaru or Colby but it might make him feel more confident at having a shot at Masvidal for BMF(who also absolutely terrifies him). For Mctapper life only gets tougher.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if Cowboy pulls this one out. He has more to fight for at this point. A loss to Cowboy effectively ends Conors career. Lol at Conor calling out Edgar and Cowboy instead of guys like Tony and Justin

I get it. Coming-off-a-loss vs coming-off-a-loss, but this should have been Geatje, not Cerrone.

If it's at LW, then he has to fight another top LW ie. Gaedje, Poirier, Fielder, Barbosa or even Kevin Lee. The very mention of Gaedje just puts the fear God into the whole of SBG.(who has now called him out dozens of times). In fact all of the top ten at LW can beat Mctapper. He dosn't want to have anything to do with Poirier who has become a knock-out artist at LW.

Plus getting back in the ring gets his head focused away from beating old men, raping women. If he fights at WW he can see how his strength gages at the heavier weight class. If he loses to Cerrone (which I'm sure is going to happen, Cerrone will be ready for this) he'll say the following excuse 'Oh I was fighting way out of my weight class'. If he wins, he knows he'd analy raped by the likes of Kamaru or Colby but it might make him feel more confident at having a shot at Masvidal for BMF(who also absolutely terrifies him). For Mctapper life only gets tougher.

1571087616233.png

It would be extremely painful.......... for him

Nice. Cerrone is mentally weak and McGregor will prove it.

Really easy fight for Conor.

Back